NBA 2019-2020

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This was the end for them. Unless blazers and Memphis just collapse.

The pelicans have been terrible in the bubble!
1-3 and it’s not like they’ve played great teams. Jazz who have been average here, Clippers who embarrassed them, Memphis and now Kings. They should be 2-2 at minimum.

From now on it’s actually better to play Lakers, Bucks and Clippers than all other teams as they won’t care in the slightest. Spurs, Suns etc. will die for every bucket.

Sarni

4-0 in the bubble!
Good stuff! Thought Suns and Wizards there were pointless but Phoenix have proven me wrong (Wizards haven't). Two games behind Grizzlies now, ahead of Spurs, Kings and mighty Pelicans. If you go 3-1 you may have a small chance of making it to Mega Ball at 9th, if you go 4-0 you will make it. Heat, Thunder, Sixers and Mavs to go.

Great win for Blazers. 32-38 now, we will probably beat Nets easily on the final day so we have to go 1-2 in remaining 3 against Clippers, Mavericks and Sixers to get to 34-40 and be almost certain for play-in game (maybe even from 8th seed). I think we may actually go 2-1 instead and be almost guaranteed 8th seed at 35-39.

Only caveat is Nuggets are just 1.5 ahead of Jazz and 2.0 against Thunder... if they both win tonight it will be 1.0 and 1.5 respectively with 4 to go (3 for Jazz) and a big game against Jazz on Saturday. Really need them to get that $2k! (Raptors and Rockets have basically clinched their divisions)

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
The Rockets now up to 4th... could beat Portland in the second round to reach the WCF!

I've never seen Dudley play before - how is that guy an NBA player? :lol: You can't tell me he's not >20% body fat.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The Rockets now up to 4th... could beat Portland in the second round to reach the WCF!

I've never seen Dudley play before - how is that guy an NBA player? :lol: You can't tell me he's not >20% body fat.
You have some in here who Believe he deserved a roster spot in the NBA but not Carmelo Anthony.

Don’t think that aged well.

Sarni

He used to be pretty decent. Way past it now though.

Jazz v Spurs in two hours, rooting for Spurs so that Jazz get back to being 2 games behind Nuggets. Thunder v Grizzlies after that, torn on that - on one hand if Thunder lose then my bet is pretty much sorted, on the other hand Grizzlies losing puts Blazers in the 8th seed already. Next 3 games are decisive, Grizzlies play Thunder, Raptors and Celtics, Blazers play Clippers, Sixers and Mavs. I'd say that's quite comparable though Sixers will be without Simmons which helps (Nurkic has usually done very well against Embiid too). Final games are automatic wins for both teams, or at least expected (Grizzlies v Bucks, Blazers v Nets).

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Good stuff! Thought Suns and Wizards there were pointless but Phoenix have proven me wrong (Wizards haven't). Two games behind Grizzlies now, ahead of Spurs, Kings and mighty Pelicans. If you go 3-1 you may have a small chance of making it to Mega Ball at 9th, if you go 4-0 you will make it. Heat, Thunder, Sixers and Mavs to go.

Great win for Blazers. 32-38 now, we will probably beat Nets easily on the final day so we have to go 1-2 in remaining 3 against Clippers, Mavericks and Sixers to get to 34-40 and be almost certain for play-in game (maybe even from 8th seed). I think we may actually go 2-1 instead and be almost guaranteed 8th seed at 35-39.

Only caveat is Nuggets are just 1.5 ahead of Jazz and 2.0 against Thunder... if they both win tonight it will be 1.0 and 1.5 respectively with 4 to go (3 for Jazz) and a big game against Jazz on Saturday. Really need them to get that $2k! (Raptors and Rockets have basically clinched their divisions)
Both Cameron's have been way better than expected in the bubble and that's helped a lot because by the numbers our starters are statistically one of the better teams in the league when they're all playing.

Really hope the team gets the chance to force a play in because I really think we'll make for a much better game as compared to the Grizzlies who've been a massive disappointment so far in the bubble.

Pelicans are overrated. It's hilarious how hard the NBA has tried to put Zion in the playoffs with the play in, and the Pelicans have just shot themselves by coming out flat.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Grizzlies are cooked. Rotations suck, we can't make shots (Ja and Brooks went cold), and JJJ is out for the season with a knee injury.

I'm not sure why I was excited for a 4 and out against the Lakers. Next year's our year.

Sarni

Both Cameron's have been way better than expected in the bubble and that's helped a lot because by the numbers our starters are statistically one of the better teams in the league when they're all playing.

Really hope the team gets the chance to force a play in because I really think we'll make for a much better game as compared to the Grizzlies who've been a massive disappointment so far in the bubble.

Pelicans are overrated. It's hilarious how hard the NBA has tried to put Zion in the playoffs with the play in, and the Pelicans have just shot themselves by coming out flat.
Just realized while listening to No Dunks that Grizzlies have tie breaker over Suns. That means Suns will have to win all remaining games to force a play in, unless they move past Blazers which is unlikely too. Grizzlies will win the final one against Bucks for sure, so they will be 33-40 at worst.

Pelicans are probably two years away from being competitive.

Sarni

If Memphis win here they should make the 8th seed. As I said Bucks game is a default win for them and 34 wins should be enough... the other two games are against Raptors and Celtics so very difficult.

This will also mean Suns, Spurs, Kings and Pelicans will not be able to catch them, so they will only be rivaling Blazers.

Sarni

There is so much wrong with how this Sixers team is constructed. Horford makes no sense, Harris is overpaid, they won’t be able to extend Richardson and the rest of that team is basically scrubs (Milton may be good). Lots of bad moves that led to this but they probably won’t even win a playoffs round, honestly can’t see them beating Celtics or Heat 4 times.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Spectacularly terrible performance so far from the Raptors. 29 points behind at the end of the third quarter.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Spectacularly terrible performance so far from the Raptors. 29 points behind at the end of the third quarter.
It's one of those games. We were terrible and lost. That's regular-season basketball for you. Oh well. I just hope that we get out of the back-to-back without any injuries.

Sarni

Thought we would find it easy tonight with Kawhi missing but even without him Clippers can put a good team on the floor. They are properly deep (and Harrell is also not playing tonight).

Sarni

If we win this, we are basically guaranteed to make the play-in game at least. Would need to win two more, probably, to finish 8th (I am counting Grizzlies as 34 wins minimum so we need 35 having played more games).

Sarni

We’ve been very poor here. They’d be destroying us now with Kawhi on the floor.

Sarni

Dame missing two free throws is ridiculous.

Sarni

That’s a disastrous loss. You can’t lose games like this, then without their best player. Well we won’t overtake Memphis now, probably going to finish 9th.

I really don’t get what happened with Dame’s FTs there. He’s automatic from the line. That would have probably won us the game.

Sarni

We could have easily avoided that loss. So unnecessary. PG basically admitted in that interview that they were trying to throw the game.
I think all those top teams want Blazers to make it to give Lakers a series in the first round. That’s why Clippers rested Kawhi here, if they were actually trying to get the best record possible they would have sat him tomorrow against the Nets, game which they would win either way, not today in a tough game.

entropy

I think all those top teams want Blazers to make it to give Lakers a series in the first round. That’s why Clippers rested Kawhi here, if they were actually trying to get the best record possible they would have sat him tomorrow against the Nets, game which they would win either way, not today in a tough game.
I guess so. It’s good that we have a game tomorrow and can get back on track.

Sarni

I guess so. It’s good that we have a game tomorrow and can get back on track.
No excuses if we can’t beat this Sixers team. As I said having Nets on the final day we should still comfortably make the play-in against Memphis as I doubt any of Phoenix, San Antonio or New Orleans make it to 33 wins (SA and NO would have to win out, Suns go 3-1 which is maybe possible).

Denver getting destroyed by Utah. They are closing my $2k coupon, need them to win division. 2.0 ahead of Utah now and 2.5 ahead of OKC, guess it will go to 1.0 and 2.0 after tonight with 3 to go for them, 2 for Utah and 4 for OKC. If they go 1-2 in the remaining 3, OKC will have to go 4-0 and Utah 2-0 to beat that, OKC will probably not do it but Utah might... will be so gutting to lose out on $2k in the final 4 days of the league.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Dame really screwed them there. How did they not beat this clippers team.

He gets a pass though because he's always been the man for them.

Sarni

Dame really screwed them there. How did they not beat this clippers team.

He gets a pass though because he's always been the man for them.
It wasn’t a terrible Clippers team to be honest. We should have won but a starting five of Jackson, Shamet, George, Zubac and Morris with Lou Williams off the bench is still a playoffs team easily and probably a 45+ win team.

Last edited:

Sarni

Can’t believe Denver let that one slip. I was counting them as a winner already. Could cost me that $2k here if they get overtaken by Utah or OKC in the standings!

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Fantastic end to the game from the Mavs. Doncic with maybe the best performance I’ve seen in the bubble, completely took over the game in the fourth quarter and then overtime.

Sarni

They won, so congrats!
Yeah! Pretty much won already as for me to lose one of Raptors, Rockets or Nuggets would have to lose out and at the same time Celtics, Mavs or Thunder respectively would have to win out. Safe to say it’s not very likely to happen.

Sarni

5 wins!

We making the playoffs race exciting!
Thunder, Sixers and Mavs to go... need to win all of them to be in the play in game probably. Not unthinkable, actually! Unless Blazers lose to Sixers tonight, then 2 wins might do.

The worst Grizzlies can now finish is 34-39 so most likely nobody is overtaking them. Portland dropped that ball last night. Whoever gets into mega ball will have to beat Memphis twice.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Thunder, Sixers and Mavs to go... need to win all of them to be in the play in game probably. Not unthinkable, actually! Unless Blazers lose to Sixers tonight, then 2 wins might do.

The worst Grizzlies can now finish is 34-39 so most likely nobody is overtaking them. Portland dropped that ball last night. Whoever gets into mega ball will have to beat Memphis twice.
Yeah! Really love that the bubble is making me interested in catching every damn game that affects the Suns playoff chances and the team is really gelling right now unlike the rest of our competition.

Highly unlikely we'll make it into the playoffs, but the main point of us in this bubble was to get the boys playing in a competitive environment and let them develop. On that count, they've already smashed all expectations and everything else is just the icing on the cake.