NBA 2020-2021

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I thought the Dubs were going to throw another one away tonight. Up by nine to start the fourth and then the Knicks go and tie it up with just under four minutes to go. Fortunately Steph managed to score 11 points from that point and they managed to hold on.

Whew!

Charlie Foley

I thought the Dubs were going to throw another one away tonight. Up by nine to start the fourth and then the Knicks go and tie it up with just under four minutes to go. Fortunately Steph managed to score 11 points from that point and they managed to hold on.

Whew!
Every win feels like 2 wins and every loss feels like 2 defeats. The last week has been really frustrating. Nice to avenge that annoying defeat earlier in the season at least
I loved this :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yet another Triple double for Harden. 7th W on the bounce for us and KD has missed most of those games.

Nets in the finals or am I getting too giddy? :)

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Great to see Giannis playing a lot better again, has looked back at Superman levels when I’ve seen him recently, after a rough start to the season.

Would love to see him rewarded for his loyalty to the Bucks, hoping for a Nets vs. Bucks ECF. I also think they’re the best two teams in the conference, much less convinced by Philly.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The game has truly changed.
https://uproxx.com/dimemag/nuggets-wizards-fastbreak-3-on-1-video-campazzo-murray/
The Nuggets Lost To The Wizards Thanks To The Worst 3-On-1 Fastbreak Ever

Murray brings the ball down with three guys taking spots on the wing despite open lanes to the basket for an easy game-tying dunk/layup. The eventual shot, a three of course, was rushed and awful.

H10

Huseyin 10
Clippers against Bucks tonight at 8.30pm UK time, incase anybody wanted to watch a decent NBA game at a reasonable hour, rather than the usual early morning starts :)

ZDwyr

Surely the Kings fire Walton soon? Hiring him has been a disaster.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Great to see Giannis playing a lot better again, has looked back at Superman levels when I’ve seen him recently, after a rough start to the season.

Would love to see him rewarded for his loyalty to the Bucks, hoping for a Nets vs. Bucks ECF. I also think they’re the best two teams in the conference, much less convinced by Philly.
Giannis versus the Clippers last night was probably the best performance I've seen from anyone in the NBA this season - he's on fire now. Did everything in the final quarter - incredible defence, blocks, a three-pointer, two clutch free-throws(!), screens, set-up his team-mates well, a host of dunks.

This was absolutely amazing:

R'hllor

Bucks got their ass whooped, that was fun to watch. Another 3D for Jokic

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No reason for panic at all but annoying to see us lose this many games nonetheless. Let's hope everyone gets back to full health pretty soon (and James passes on the ASG).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They made it past the second round two years ago
And aren't even favourites to make the Conference Finals this season. What and who Giannis will have alongside him is always gonna be more limited in Milwaukee than a big market team.

Not to say they can't go all the way of course.

Deery

Dreary
Who would Giannis realistically go to if he was leaving the Bucks, where would suit him best?

R.E.D.

Who would Giannis realistically go to if he was leaving the Bucks, where would suit him best?
I think Miami will be his destination, I just hope he doesn't go there when it's too late.

Zen

Who remembers only 4 years(or 10 year ago to another level) ago when players got ripped to shreds for ringchasing instead of using their primes in the team that's drafted and built around them to get somewhere?

Now it's the opposite. Bonkers. He's got my respect, so what if he doesn't get over the endless ultrateams around him, he's done wonders leading this franchise to where they are, to the point that realistically he should be a co-frontrunner for MVP for a THIRD year, but he oddly isn't, because people are just used to it..... you know, the same reason Jordan and LeBron didn't threepeat the MVP too...

By co-frontrunner, I mean with Embiid too, not the oddly favoured LeBron, who's basically guilted the press into making him the favourite for (correctly) not giving it him last year. You can get 20-1 on Giannis, I doubt you'll find the same odds in history for someone of such stats almost at the midpoint.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No reason for panic at all but annoying to see us lose this many games nonetheless. Let's hope everyone gets back to full health pretty soon (and James passes on the ASG).
He's sitting tonight which is good. AD fit or not, James needs to be sitting more.

sport2793

Lakers will be fine once fully healthy.

ZDwyr

And aren't even favourites to make the Conference Finals this season. What and who Giannis will have alongside him is always gonna be more limited in Milwaukee than a big market team.

Not to say they can't go all the way of course.
Should just remove all small market teams then. Just have Miami, Lakers, Clippers, Nets, Boston, Knicks and Chicago.

R.E.D.

Should just remove all small market teams then. Just have Miami, Lakers, Clippers, Nets, Boston, Knicks and Chicago.
Well you don't have to do that but if you're a small market team your room for making mistakes is smaller than a team on a big market. As for Milwaukee they let Brogdon go which was a mistake, they messed up the Bogdanovic deal. How are they going to add quality to that team we don't know. That's why you have to be smart every time with your decisions.

I give you another example. OKC drafted three MVPs and they did a great job. But they became cheap when thet had to keep them together so had to let one of them go, they chose Russ over harden which turned out to be the wrong decision, chose Russ over KD as their alpha player which was a mistake and ultimately they didn't win with their great team. You are not allowed to make that many mistakes when you are in a small market.

Nobody has ever gone to the Knicks or Chicago which shows you just being a team on a big market won't automatically get you better players, but if you're a team on a big market with better management like the Lakers, now Clippers, now the Nets or Miami, you have a better shot at getting better free agents.

entropy

His emotions had been worn thin because, in the past 18 months, it seemed like he had lived a lifetime. In 2020, he was the first to discover the dead body of his cousin and personal chef. An aunt died from cancer. A family friend died of COVID-19. And in the early months of 2021, a cousin was killed in West Oakland.

And then last Thursday, the day before the Lakers game, Lillard learned of the shooting deaths of two people in his inner circle. One was a cousin close enough to Lillard to be at his family’s Thanksgiving dinner in Portland in November. The other was like family — the best friend of perhaps his closest cousin, who was among the first family members to move to Portland when Lillard was drafted by the Trail Blazers in 2012.

He is hurting. His family is hurting. And every night the Blazers take the court, he is trying to summon the courage and understanding to keep playing.

“It’s been a hard year and a half for my family, man,” Lillard said. “People have no idea.”

“I have to put those emotions to the side to care about the game and make sure I’m here for my teammates, and to do my job, because my job takes care of a lot of my family. It does a lot of things for people in my family,” Lillard said. “I think understanding that is what helps me kind of push forward.”

It’s all a reflection of what has become the most trying and emotional stretch of his life. And yet, he finds a reason to play. A reason to excel.

That reason was recently relayed to assistant coach Nate Tibbetts. On Sunday, after the Blazers’ practice, Lillard said Tibbetts checked in on Lillard to see how he was doing. The two have become close, and Lillard presented Tibbetts with a snapshot of life from his home.

“I told Nate it’s been weird, my son (Damian Jr.) has been like ‘Dad … Dad … Dad … every 30 seconds,”’ Lillard said. “Dad, let’s go downstairs. Dad, let’s watch TV. Dad, play dinosaur. Over and over. And I told Nate that it just brought me happiness, that he was calling me ‘Dad’ over and over. He doesn’t know what doing on with me, but he knows I’m his dad.”

Last edited: