NBA 2020-2021

ZDwyr

:rolleyes:

Not at all what I said.
Yeah what I said wasn't really necessary. But the general point about there being an issue with big v small markets stands.

Well you don't have to do that but if you're a small market team your room for making mistakes is smaller than a team on a big market. As for Milwaukee they let Brogdon go which was a mistake, they messed up the Bogdanovic deal. How are they going to add quality to that team we don't know. That's why you have to be smart every time with your decisions.

I give you another example. OKC drafted three MVPs and they did a great job. But they became cheap when thet had to keep them together so had to let one of them go, they chose Russ over harden which turned out to be the wrong decision, chose Russ over KD as their alpha player which was a mistake and ultimately they didn't win with their great team. You are not allowed to make that many mistakes when you are in a small market.

Nobody has ever gone to the Knicks or Chicago which shows you just being a team on a big market won't automatically get you better players, but if you're a team on a big market with better management like the Lakers, now Clippers, now the Nets or Miami, you have a better shot at getting better free agents.
That never happened.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Because it's all happening on one night, I wish they would've done it on Saturday so I could actually watch it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Embiid and Simmons are pulled out of the ASG for health and safety protocol reasons.

Zion to takeover Embiid's spot in the starters.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Can’t believe I wasted my time on that. :lol:

Other highlights - Dame and Steph scoring from the half way mark, Giannis shooting perfectly, Chris Paul clearly trying on defence only when Harden had possession. That’s about it...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Griffin is washed, hasn’t dunked the basketball since 2019 but he can still pop up with the odd 20 point game due to his talent, even without athleticism. He could still find a way to reinvent himself this deep into his career as a role player similar to what Melo has done at Portland. Nets will not be expecting much from him anyway.

It seems Nets are going to become default choice for any players that are bought out by their teams.

Nice to see Anfernee win the dunk contest though it was a pretty bland one. Hope he can keep on developing. Portland really have a fun group of young talent developing in Simons, Trent, Little and Giles. Somehow 21-14 despite missing second and third best players for nearly all season, someone always pops up with a great performance. If CJ comes back in similar form he was in at the star of season we are probably one move away from being able to challenge Lakers.

ZDwyr

The Griffin signing doesn't make a lot of sense to me from Blake's perspective. I guess he just wants to live in NY and have a chance at a ring? I think he could have taken a bigger role on another team but who knows.

freeurmind

weak willed
How is Blake's defence these days? I mean he's shooting under 40% again this year from the floor which is ridiculous for a big man. I suppose he could be a stretch 5 for them but he doesn't really give them rim protection. I guess a shiny piece they can throw out there from time to time and maybe he can come up big for them in a playoff game.

elmo

How is Blake's defence these days? I mean he's shooting under 40% again this year from the floor which is ridiculous for a big man. I suppose he could be a stretch 5 for them but he doesn't really give them rim protection. I guess a shiny piece they can throw out there from time to time and maybe he can come up big for them in a playoff game.
Non existent.

He doesn't play like a big anymore. Most of his shots are from mid range and stretches all the way out to the 3 point line. He's just not very good at them.

Only thing he contributes is 6 fouls to give because he can't play defense and the Nets are fecked if he's taking shots over KD, Kyrie, Harden and Harris.

Such a waste because I really like playoff Blake on the Clippers where he basically played point forward when CP3 gets injured.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@Rado_N the other week you asked whether Stephen A was ever worth listening and I believe that I found one where he says interesting things about sport journalism and how NBA players are sometimes misguided in the way they deal with the press.

Sarni

The Griffin signing doesn't make a lot of sense to me from Blake's perspective. I guess he just wants to live in NY and have a chance at a ring? I think he could have taken a bigger role on another team but who knows.
He can't take a bigger role with anybody. His legs are gone, he's better off playing 10-15 minutes for a good team and maybe contributing and reinventing himself rather than go out of breath after 20+ minutes with a better team. I think he can still be good, the 'not making a dunk since 2019' doesn't really matter that much when you consider what KOC quoted in their last podcast about him making only sub-50 dunks in his All-NBA season 2 years ago. For him to still be worth something in this league he has to find a way to contribute without his athleticism which I think he can still do. Having missed so much time with injuries he's better off doing that with a good team, playing 15 minutes a night though.

Sarni

Trade deadline coming in two weeks. One move I'd like to see is Hornets getting a good center. They've been one of my favorite teams to watch this season and I really want them to make the playoffs. LaMelo has been a sensation, the emergence of Monk and resurrection of Rozier has been super fun and their other young guns have been awesome to watch as well. Funny how they were mocked for replacing Kemba with Rozier at $18m a year and not only he's worth that money now quite easily, he's probably a better player too. I think Vucevic has been rumored as their main center target, that would be great if the price is right.

Sarni

He's awful in the role Pistons have been trying him in. At this point I think there are two ways for him to contribute: as a big off the bench, doing some playmaking, trying to get some points at the rim or as a spot up shooter with some of their best players on the floor. He can't play more than 15-18 minutes in a game as his shooting goes to shit if he's on the floor for too long.

elmo

Trade deadline coming in two weeks. One move I'd like to see is Hornets getting a good center. They've been one of my favorite teams to watch this season and I really want them to make the playoffs. LaMelo has been a sensation, the emergence of Monk and resurrection of Rozier has been super fun and their other young guns have been awesome to watch as well. Funny how they were mocked for replacing Kemba with Rozier at $18m a year and not only he's worth that money now quite easily, he's probably a better player too. I think Vucevic has been rumored as their main center target, that would be great if the price is right.
Maybe LeMarcus Aldridge?

Spurs are making him available and he wouldn't cost too much

Sarni

Maybe LeMarcus Aldridge?

Spurs are making him available and he wouldn't cost too much
Yeah, not a bad option but more of a stop gap and I'm not sure how good he still is. Should be better than Zeller for now but I'd prefer them to go for Vucevic even if it costs a couple of picks. I doubt they are going to be drafting very high anytime soon anyway with LaMelo.

ZDwyr

It didn't look good. Hopefully he is only out for a few weeks and it isn't something major.

Sarni

I know it’s a rather insignificant deal but I don’t get OKC logic of trading Diallo for Svi. He’s been coming along nicely this year, would be up for extension in the Summer and would have some value I imagine. Mikhayluk’s value is basically zero at this point and 2027 second rounder is not really a deal breaker either.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The Packers extended Jones. Rodgers should try his luck elsewhere.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can't wait to see Russell play for Finch, it could actually be a good fit.