NBA 2020-2021

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Seriously what a freak this guy is . I am kind of annoyed now that Warriors got KD because the NBA missed out on a few years of this freak
I know I'll get some pushback on this but about a week ago Kendrick Perkins said that when Steph retires he'll be top 10 all time. I'm definitely starting to agree with him. I've been watching the NBA for 35 years and I've got to say I've never seen anything like Curry.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Get the feck in!

OT win against the Bucks. Refs were giving them all the calls throughout the game and they finally gave us a call at the final play of the game.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I know I'll get some pushback on this but about a week ago Kendrick Perkins said that when Steph retires he'll be top 10 all time. I'm definitely starting to agree with him. I've been watching the NBA for 35 years and I've got to say I've never seen anything like Curry.
Mark Jackson on Saturday called him the most influential player of the last 40 years

Ladron de redcafe

Steph is incredible. This feels like a video game on easy mode. I've never seen a shooter like this. There are loads of players who got hot in streaks, namely McGrady, Kobe, Arenas and Klay.

But there's a difference between being in the zone for a game and consistently doing what Steph has been doing. That's 4 games in a week with 10 or more threes. Only one man in NBA history has that many games with double digit threes for their entire career (Klay with 5).

Jokic will get the MVP, and rightfully so. But this shouldn't go under the radar. What Steph is doing is really special.

Revan

Assumptionman
Steph is a freak. Maybe too late for the MVP, but my God, in the last 15 games or so he is playing in a level that I haven’t seen anyone playing. He is almost taking the piss by scoring 10+ three pointers game after game.

Charlie Foley

He has more 10+ 3point games this season (6) than anyone else has in their career (Klay has 5). Steph equalled the record for 10+ 3 point games in a season, drawing him level with himself when he managed the same in 2018-19.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
When it comes to an end, it comes to an end with a bang. Steph was shocking. That is the worst I've seen him play in a long time.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This Dubs team has thrown away at least 6-8 wins this season. I am not talking about bad losses but rather historically awful losses . No idea how they have such awful stretches

ZDwyr

When it comes to an end, it comes to an end with a bang. Steph was shocking. That is the worst I've seen him play in a long time.
Not a huge surprise considering he was up against Westbrook. Looks like Russ locked him up. According to Kendrick Perkins who is an idiot.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Not a huge surprise considering he was up against Westbrook. Looks like Russ locked him up.
i wouldn’t have minded that so much, but Steph was just missing wide open shots. It started on the 2nd possession of the night when Draymond got a loose ball, passed it off to him, and set up a great screen to leave him wide open and he just flat out missed it. It didn’t get any better from there. I can’t argue that Russ didn’t play him well but it was no better than anybody else has played him in the last 12 games. He was just off.. It was just unfortunate it was on a night the rest of the team played really well.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Not a huge surprise considering he was up against Westbrook. Looks like Russ locked him up. According to Kendrick Perkins who is an idiot.
Almost got me with the white text :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
One of top prospects of 2021 draft, Terrence Clarke, died in car accident in LA yesterday, traveling back from draft workouts.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
He was speeding, ran a red light and didn't wear his seatbelt. lucky nobody else died because of his idiocy.
Aye. Can't feel that sympathetic towards someone who throws his life (and potentially that of others) away like that.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
He was speeding, ran a red light and didn't wear his seatbelt. lucky nobody else died because of his idiocy.
Aye. Can't feel that sympathetic towards someone who throws his life (and potentially that of others) away like that.
Damn! You guys are harsh. He was 19 years old. Did you never do anything dumb when you were that age. The poor lad is dead and yes its fortunate that nobody else got hurt but he was just a kid and kids do stupid stuff all the time. RIP Terrence.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Damn! You guys are harsh. He was 19 years old. Did you never do anything dumb when you were that age. The poor lad is dead and yes its fortunate that nobody else got hurt but he was just a kid and kids do stupid stuff all the time. RIP Terrence.
I get where @elmo is coming from, it's difficult to call him a poor lad when he seemingly acted recklessly, you would call him a poor lad if the people in the other car died too.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I get where @elmo is coming from, it's difficult to call him a poor lad when he seemingly acted recklessly, you would call him a poor lad if the people in the other car died too.
You guys are certainly a tough crowd. I've got a son who is older than this lad and he is still doing dumb stuff. I'm relatively straight laced and there are plenty of things I'd like to go back and change from my teenage years. Kids make mistakes all the time and unfortunately this one cost Terrence Clarke his life. Like I said, RIP Terrence

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You guys are certainly a tough crowd. I've got a son who is older than this lad and he is still doing dumb stuff. I'm relatively straight laced and there are plenty of things I'd like to go back and change from my teenage years. Kids make mistakes all the time and unfortunately this one cost Terrence Clarke his life. Like I said, RIP Terrence
I think everyone understands that young people make mistakes, but it doesn't mean that people should or will have sympathy. Some mistakes are difficult to excuse and it's one of them, he didn't steal a donut in a gas station, he allegedly put peoples life in danger and lost his own life. I am sorry for his family and friends though.

Ladron de redcafe

Kids do a lot of dumb things, but this is a grown adult doing something dangerous that could have killed others. I don't think we should chalk that off to "stupid stuff that kids do all the time".

SinNombre

I think everyone understands that young people make mistakes, but it doesn't mean that people should or will have sympathy. Some mistakes are difficult to excuse and it's one of them, he didn't steal a donut in a gas station, he allegedly put peoples life in danger and lost his own life. I am sorry for his family and friends though.
Agree with this. There is being stupid and there is being dangerously reckless.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Bazemore out for a week now with covid protocols . Warriors genuinely have a starting 5 right now and Jordan Poole off the bench. Crazy how there seems to be one injury every game. Just hoping against hope they can squeeze 8th place somehow.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Bazemore out for a week now with covid protocols . Warriors genuinely have a starting 5 right now and Jordan Poole off the bench. Crazy how there seems to be one injury every game. Just hoping against hope they can squeeze 8th place somehow.
A number of Warriors have gone on the record to say that they don't want the vaccine. Kent Bazemore is one, Andrew Wiggins is another. Ironically, Damion Lee has said that he did get the vaccine but he is the one that got covid. I am presuming Bazemore is out since he had contact with Lee.

Also I think JTA is still in the concussion protocol. He had 35 stitches in his head wound so I can't say I'm surprised.

When it rains, it pours I guess.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
A number of Warriors have gone on the record to say that they don't want the vaccine. Kent Bazemore is one, Andrew Wiggins is another. Ironically, Damion Lee has said that he did get the vaccine but he is the one that got covid. I am presuming Bazemore is out since he had contact with Lee.

Also I think JTA is still in the concussion protocol. He had 35 stitches in his head wound so I can't say I'm surprised.

When it rains, it pours I guess.

Yeah I know but it's just a weird situation because for the first time this season this team started to take some shape but just can't get everyone available. First Paschal goes down out of nowhere, then Wiseman picks up the season ending injury. Now last 3 games have lost JTA ,Lee and Bazemore. Doesn't help when you have a couple of players on the roster who are basically unplayable like smailagic & mannion. I just don't see how they can win any game with such a small roster both size & numbers wise

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Yeah I know but it's just a weird situation because for the first time this season this team started to take some shape but just can't get everyone available. First Paschal goes down out of nowhere, then Wiseman picks up the season ending injury. Now last 3 games have lost JTA ,Lee and Bazemore. Doesn't help when you have a couple of players on the roster who are basically unplayable like smailagic & mannion. I just don't see how they can win any game with such a small roster both size & numbers wise
I think a big reason why they lost to the Wizards was by the end of the game they were just 'shagged" especially Steph. He just didnt look himself the entire game. Steve Kerr pretty much said the same thing in the post game presser although he may have used the term "gassed."

Also, as you point out, it's going to be difficult to compete with such a small roster size. Hopefully, after tonight the schedule (in theory) gets a little easier. With a bit of luck these next few games may be winnable even under these adverse circumstances.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If I had a multi-million dollar career staring me down at 19 I'd certainly not be out acting an idiot. Death sucks but it was avoidable.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
If I had a multi-million dollar career staring me down at 19 I'd certainly not be out acting an idiot. Death sucks but it was avoidable.
I don't know anybody who has never driven over the speed limit and that's what he was doing. Speeding. As to the red light, the kid was driving in a strange city and probably in a rental car or a car he wasn't familiar with as well. Both of those things are not ideaI. Just to give you a personal example; my wife drives a sporty BMW and I drive a Camry. I hate driving her car because the thing accelerates like a bat out of hell. Before I know it, I'm going much faster than I meant to and have got to consciously slow down. I hate that car and I'm familiar with it. I really don't like driving cars I'm not familiar with.

As to Terrence Clarke, i don't know the circumstances of his accident or what he was thinking/doing etc.... Bottom line either way, he made a stupid mistake and it cost him his life.

Last edited:

elmo

I don't know anybody who has never driven over the speed limit and that's what he was doing. Speeding. As to the red light, the kid was driving in a strange city and probably in a rental car or a car he wasn't familiar with as well. Both of those things are not ideaI. Just to give you a personal example; my wife drives a sporty BMW and I drive a Camry. I hate driving her car because the thing accelerates like a bat out of hell. Before I know it, I'm going much faster than I meant to and have got to consciously slow down. I hate that car.

As to Terrence Clarke, i don't know the circumstances of his accident or what he was thinking/doing etc.... Bottom line either way, he made a stupid mistake and it cost him his life.
You don't fecking speed in a car and location you're not familiar with. You're literally making more points for him being a fecking idiot.

People like him really shouldn't be driving, traffic accidents happen because of idiot drivers who think the laws don't apply to them and they can get away with anything.

I sympathize for his family, but he deserved none.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
You don't fecking speed in a car and location you're not familiar with. You're literally making more points for him being a fecking idiot.

People like him really shouldn't be driving, traffic accidents happen because of idiot drivers who think the laws don't apply to them and they can get away with anything.

I sympathize for his family, but he deserved none.
No I'm making points to say he was 19. Nineteen year old kids are idiots. That's what I've been saying all along. Teenagers are dumb, they're also excitable, emotionally immature and make poor decisions. He had just come from his draft workout, was probably flying, really happy with the direction his life was going in and completely distracted. The next thing you know he was dead.

elmo

No I'm making points to say he was 19. Nineteen year old kids are idiots. That's what I've been saying all along. Teenagers are dumb, they're also excitable, emotionally immature and make poor decisions. He had just come from his draft workout, was probably flying, really happy with the direction his life was going in and completely distracted. The next thing you know he was dead.
And my point is idiots shouldn't get behind the wheel.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
JTA is back! Definitely a Warrior in every sense of the word.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Good win for the Dubs . Shit that Memphis won against Portland too. Dubs playing their best basketball of the season so would be nice to steal 8th

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
@charlton66 oubre heard you were talking shit :lol:
I actually think Oubre is a decent basketball player, I just don't think he fits that well with the Dubs style. Having said that, Steve Kerr seems to have hit on a really good move having him come off the bench. He is a really good leader of the second unit with his cutting and slashing style and it cuts down the time he plays with Steph which I think is a plus because I really don't think they complement each other that well. In addition, he's been playing his bollocks off on defense with his effort and that is always a good thing.

....and yes, another great win

Last edited: