NBA 2020-2021

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’m not fully getting this deal from Celtics point of view. Kemba has not been that bad for them and he only has two years left on his current contract, one year more than Horford. It’s not like they are saving a ton of money + they are left without a starting point guard now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’m not fully getting this deal from Celtics point of view. Kemba has not been that bad for them and he only has two years left on his current contract, one year more than Horford. It’s not like they are saving a ton of money + they are left without a starting point guard now.
There is probably an other trade that required this cap space?

edcunited1878

Think Brad Stevens knows he's not a good fit for the team on the court and contract wise. He's coached him and seen how he's done within the system and now he's overseeing the re-build of the team.

Kemba was the big fish in the small pond in Charlotte, and he's arguably taken a back seat to Tatum and Brown (who apparently have some issues between themselves too). And he's been injured the past couple of seasons.

Bringing back Horford is about leadership and a constant guy to lean on. Then his contract is out. More cap space in 2022. And as @JPRouve mentioned, there's a good possibility another move or two are in the works to acquire a point guard.

Sarni

[/QUOTE]
There is probably an other trade that required this cap space?
Think Brad Stevens knows he's not a good fit for the team on the court and contract wise. He's coached him and seen how he's done within the system and now he's overseeing the re-build of the team.

Kemba was the big fish in the small pond in Charlotte, and he's arguably taken a back seat to Tatum and Brown (who apparently have some issues between themselves too). And he's been injured the past couple of seasons.

Bringing back Horford is about leadership and a constant guy to lean on. Then his contract is out. More cap space in 2022. And as @JPRouve mentioned, there's a good possibility another move or two are in the works to acquire a point guard.
They haven’t really created meaningful amount of cap space or trade exception but should be enough to get a run of the mill point guard like McConnell or someone in that mould who can play for $8m a year or so.

JPRouve

Scout

As always I'm going to be a homer but I don't think that i'm wrong in thinking that McDaniels should at the very least have been named in the second team.:mad:

edcunited1878

They haven’t really created meaningful amount of cap space or trade exception but should be enough to get a run of the mill point guard like McConnell or someone in that mould who can play for $8m a year or so.
[/QUOTE]

Fournier comes off the books at the end of this season, $17M+. In 2022, lots of club options, a couple free agents, in addition to Marcus Smart and Thompson hitting free agency.

Interesting to see who Stevens chooses as their next head coach and the next couple of years because Tatum and Brown are the cornerstone pieces of the franchise.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't fully grasp this sign and trade thing but is it possible for the Celtics to target a max contract player in a deal that would involve Fournier in a sign and trade?

Sarni

I don't fully grasp this sign and trade thing but is it possible for the Celtics to target a max contract player in a deal that would involve Fournier in a sign and trade?
They can sign and trade Fournier but the team taking him would hard cap themselves which teams don’t normally do for a player of his caliber. Celtics actually have a huge trade exception from Hayward which was actually a sign-and-trade to Charlotte, about $30million a year which expires around November. The tricky part with trade exception is you cannot combine it with other players salaries.

They can’t really sign a max player off free agency this Summer but there isn’t a meaningful max player they would be able to target anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
They can sign and trade Fournier but the team taking him would hard cap themselves which teams don’t normally do for a player of his caliber. Celtics actually have a huge trade exception from Hayward which was actually a sign-and-trade to Charlotte, about $30million a year which expires around November. The tricky part with trade exception is you cannot combine it with other players salaries.

They can’t really sign a max player off free agency this Summer but there isn’t a meaningful max player they would be able to target anyway.
Thanks.

RooneyLegend

Trae's supporting cast need to wake the hell up. This is not the day not to turn up.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's good to see Ben Simmons picking up deliberate fouls so he can be out of the game at crunch time. Clever strategy by Doc.

Sarni

Sixers got it I think. They will take care of the business at home too, I’d expect… I kind of wanted Hawks to win tonight.

Sandyman

So the trick to winning playoff games this season is to NOT lead by more than 15 at half time

WTF is happening with everyone blowing huge leads

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
How many corner 3s have the Clippers scored in the second half because of Gobert not contesting any of them?

I need a compilation with the Benny Hill theme song playing over it

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wow, never expected this from the Clippers versus the Jazz, I thought it was a wrap after game 2 but an amazing comeback from the Clippers. Especially more incredible considering Kawhi was out the last two games, the back up players like Jackson and Mann really stepped up.
Tonight was like true small ball with Gobert not guarding anyone in the paint and Clips destroying their zone defense, it seemed too easy for them to drive in the middle, attract the corner defender, and then kick out to the open corner man.

That being said, it was an incredible 3 point shooting night by the Clippers especially in the 2nd half. Can they keep up such a game 4 times against the Suns? They can expose Ayton like they did Gobert in the last two games.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Wow, never expected this from the Clippers versus the Jazz, I thought it was a wrap after game 2 but an amazing comeback from the Clippers. Especially more incredible considering Kawhi was out the last two games, the back up players like Jackson and Mann really stepped up.
Tonight was like true small ball with Gobert not guarding anyone in the paint and Clips destroying their zone defense, it seemed too easy for them to drive in the middle, attract the corner defender, and then kick out to the open corner man.

That being said, it was an incredible 3 point shooting night by the Clippers especially in the 2nd half. Can they keep up such a game 4 times against the Suns? They can expose Ayton like they did Gobert in the last two games.
Ayton's biggest threat would be against Zubac. He struggles a bit when he's up against another big who's big and actually tries to use their size to score and bang around. If you try to use your athleticism or skills to get past him, he can handle it pretty well. Playing small ball against us would be a wrong move I feel.

If Clippers don't play Zubac, Ayton will be helping to guard PG as we throw Mikal and Cam Johnson to wear him down at the perimeter and force him into the lane where Ayton is.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don’t think Clippers without Kawhi have much of a chance against Suns.
They just defeated Utah twice in a row without Kawhi. I have them favorites against Spurs, and with a good chance against Bucks (no chance against Nets though if Harden returns to full power and/or Kyrie returns).

Sarni

They just defeated Utah twice in a row without Kawhi. I have them favorites against Spurs, and with a good chance against Bucks (no chance against Nets though if Harden returns to full power and/or Kyrie returns).
Yeah but coming back from 25 points or whatever down on the back of 39 points and 7 made threes from Terrance Mann is not really sustainable over a series against Phoenix. Last night was a freak win, I wouldn’t expect them to collect 4 like that against Phoenix who also seem a lot more ruthless than Utah. There’s no way in hell they are going to be favorites against Suns without Kawhi (but could be if he returns, don’t know what his status is as nothing has been confirmed yet).

ZDwyr

A lot depends on the status of CP3 and Kawhi. But the Jazz should be embarrassed.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wow the people laughing and meming when clippers went 0-2 down during the first round. They are flying.