NBA 2020-2021

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't see the fit with the Knicks, I think that he needs to be around big scorers. The best fits seem to be the Wolves, Blazers and maybe the Kings?

Also what do you think about DLo for Simmons? Would you say that it's equal to CJ for Simmons?
Yeah DLo and CJ is about the same or even better due to age factor. I prefer DLo to Simmons if I’m the Wolves though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah DLo and CJ is about the same or even better due to age factor. I prefer DLo to Simmons if I’m the Wolves though.
Yeah. Post surgery DLo has been pretty good and I wouldn't want to trade him for Simmons.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
@Sarni you seeing this? looks like it is between her and Billups.

She seems to be getting great reviews at Spurs. I wouldn’t be against it. Billups has been getting linked many top jobs but he has no real coaching experience. I don’t know.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
To be honest, Suns will want them to play big as it then opens up the midrange for Booker and Paul via PnR to a greater extent.
No we don't. We want every team to play small ball against us because outside of Ayton, our bigs either can't defend or are undersized. Having the mismatch in the paint with Ayton versus Batum will give Booker/CP3 open looks at midrange or Ayton the easy dunk.

Our advantage is that we have loads of wings and that Ayton can actually guard the perimeter, why the feck would we want to play big which takes away all our advantage.

sport2793

No we don't. We want every team to play small ball against us because outside of Ayton, our bigs either can't defend or are undersized. Having the mismatch in the paint with Ayton versus Batum will give Booker/CP3 open looks at midrange or Ayton the easy dunk.

Our advantage is that we have loads of wings and that Ayton can actually guard the perimeter, why the feck would we want to play big which takes away all our advantage.
Yet they just annihilated a team centered around arguably the best big in the league. The best offense the Suns can get is the Paul/Booker midrange that really opens up when they force the opposing big to constantly defend pick and rolls.

The Clips are the best 3 point shooting team in the league. If they can find a way to limit Ayton offensively while forcing him to defend on the perimeter they will have a real shot to win the series.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Yet they just annihilated a team centered around arguably the best big in the league. The best offense the Suns can get is the Paul/Booker midrange that really opens up when they force the opposing big to constantly defend pick and rolls.

The Clips are the best 3 point shooting team in the league. If they can find a way to limit Ayton offensively while forcing him to defend on the perimeter they will have a real shot to win the series.
Not without Kawhi they won’t. They couldn’t even beat the Suns without Chris Paul.

elmo

Suns thrive when playing small ball and the best way to beat us is to go big.

That's literally the game plan this year when teams beat us. The lesser Cousins and Zubac plays this series, the higher chance we win.

You don't watch enough of our games if you think we will struggle if the Clippers go small.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Suns thrive when playing small ball and the best way to beat us is to go big.

That's literally the game plan this year when teams beat us. The lesser Cousins and Zubac plays this series, the higher chance we win.

You don't watch enough of our games if you think we will struggle if the Clippers go small.
Yeah if I'm not mistaken, by going small against the Suns you make the game easier for their defense and Chris Paul will exploit size mismatches on offense while their other scorers don't really care about size?

elmo

Yeah if I'm not mistaken, by going small against the Suns you make the game easier for their defense and Chris Paul will exploit size mismatches on offense while their other scorers don't really care about size?
Yup. Our lack of size hurts us if teams play big. Play small and we thrive because Mikal/Johnson/Craig/Crowder are all capable of contributing and there's no real let off between them compared to Ayton/Saric/Frank.

entropy

What do players say/think about her?

Curious because the real test would be how players respond to a female head coach now in charge of everything.
https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/...an-lillard-gives-high-praise-for-becky-hammon
https://www.nba.com/blazers/forward...e-be-acknowledged-and-congratulated-and-shown

She seems to be getting great reviews at Spurs. I wouldn’t be against it. Billups has been getting linked many top jobs but he has no real coaching experience. I don’t know.
Yeah, looks like there are still ways to go. They are interviewing D'Antoni today. But I hope she gets the job. It is a great fit for everyone.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Pain. Nothing but pain.

Also, Cleveland must be one of the luckiest franchises in history.

elmo

Beverley gets away with loads of fouls because of his reputation for defending players hard when in reality he's just fouling the opposing player.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Beverley gets away with loads of fouls because of his reputation for defending players hard when in reality he's just fouling the opposing player.
I think what you are trying to say is that he's a snidely little fecker.

Now that the Sixers are out, I'm running out of bandwagons.

Come on you Suns.

elmo

I think what you are trying to say is that he's a snidely little fecker.

Now that the Sixers are out, I'm running out of bandwagons.

Come on you Suns.
He just head butted Booker's nose and it's ruled a common foul. He's back in the game meanwhile Booker is in the locker room getting stitches so it'll stop bleeding.

ZDwyr

I thought the headbutt was accidental but still, feck Beverley.

elmo

PG hugged Jae to prevent him from moving and it's a jump ball? Refs don't even bother with hiding how much they want the Clippers to take this game.

edcunited1878

Dribble George is so difficult to watch because he is too careless with the ball...and over dribbles, which leads to way too many turnovers.

mav_9me

I feel sorry for George for the pandemic P jokes but that was definition of bottling

ZDwyr

Great play from Monty. Well done to Ayton and whoever made the pass.