NBA 2020-2021

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Best thing for non-Lakers fans is an open playoff run for everyone else in the West. Sorry not sorry.
The Lakers occupy just one spot though and it's gonna be between 1-4 somewhere. The rest of the spots are open for competition as much as any team wants to, especially with the new play-in system.

Don't think home-court advantage will matter much without fans in the stadium anyway, and the Lakers wouldn't have to travel if they face the Clippers either so not worried about playoff seeding at all.

peanuthead

I'm sorry but brooklyn won't win anything playing defense like this. Chris Paul is cooking right now. We're missing AD but I'm not worried in the slightest.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Yeah I read late last night that it wasn't an achilles rupture, huge relief. He did reaggrevate his previous injury though and added a calf strain? Man cannot stay healthy for an entire season ever!

Makes no sense to play him before the ASG now, that's in three weeks I believe. Get him fully healthy for the playoffs and all aboard the LeBron MVP train now :cool:
Vogel has pretty much confirmed that Davis will be out/rested up to the All-Star-Game.

But his absence gives the roster an extended test in the next weeks........i hope Kuzma takes this chance but that wasn't good enough against Minnesota.

Revan

Assumptionman
One season too early for Nets, or they might win it this season? If Durant stays healthy, gonna be tough for the others considering that they have 3 megastars.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I'm completely won over by this Nets team, I'm ordering a jersey. :lol:

Amazing comeback last night. If they can get solid playoff minutes from Brown, Chamet, Green, and DJ isn't abysmal on defence... they must be favourites to come out of the East.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We totally fecked up the game and let the Nets back in. Not sure why we went from Bridges guarding Harden in the first half so we'll to allowing Booker to guard him on the perimeter and getting Ayton to switch on to him on nearly every play. Shit ain't broke, don't fix it Monty.

Harden was great, did just about everything and it was actually a nice change of pace when the refs didn't try to decide the game and just let both teams play ball instead of shoot free throws.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The way the game was going I didn't expect that quite frankly. Brooklyn were down by 20 at one point, credit to them for coming back but I think Philly will come out the east.
Well playing against Suns who won 9 out of last 10, down by 24, and without two of their three best players they managed to come back. Basically just because their bench performed as Harden sat during their run, and then closed the comeback and the game for them. That was impressive. Their depth is actually better than people think. Most of them won’t even play in the playoffs but it’d be great for them if they could rely on the likes of Brown, Shamet to take some minutes in the regular season and allow their big 3 to rest.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
For the first 51 and a half minutes Steph couldn't hit water from a boat and then in the last 90 seconds 2 threes, 2 free throws, an assist and a steal. What a win! Kent Bazemore was magnificent and Kelly Oubre and Andrew Wiggins were pretty darned good too.

peanuthead

Well playing against Suns who won 9 out of last 10, down by 24, and without two of their three best players they managed to come back. Basically just because their bench performed as Harden sat during their run, and then closed the comeback and the game for them. That was impressive. Their depth is actually better than people think. Most of them won’t even play in the playoffs but it’d be great for them if they could rely on the likes of Brown, Shamet to take some minutes in the regular season and allow their big 3 to rest.
People keep banging about Deandre Jordan being a liability the thing is they don't even have a back up big and that's gonna hurt them come playoffs when the game slows down a bit. Every top/playoff team has at least two bigs Bucks, Philly, Celtics and Indy. The Nets back up big is Jeff Green, that's not gonna cut it. I hope we torch them tonight though and put them back in their place even without AD.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
People keep banging about Deandre Jordan being a liability the thing is they don't even have a back up big and that's gonna hurt them come playoffs when the game slows down a bit. Every top/playoff team has at least two bigs Bucks, Philly, Celtics and Indy. The Nets back up big is Jeff Green, that's not gonna cut it. I hope we torch them tonight though and put them back in their place even without AD.
DeAndre won’t even have a meaningful role in the playoffs, he will get played off the floor. Even players like Gobert and Capela who are good/great defenders in regular season got played off the floor in the playoffs by small ball lineups. Jeff Green will probably be a starter for them, I think they might grab PJ Tucker and I won’t be surprised to see them get McGee or even Drummond if he’s bought out. They are not done with their moves, any conclusions we can gather from the season so far is on their offense which is mostly finished product of Kyrie, KD, Harden and Harris (who’s been quietly having a very solid season). At center and on their bench they are bound to still make some very significant changes either through trades or buyout market (which will be a bit smaller this year though due to play-in tournament meaning anyone bar Minnesota and Detroit is still in it).

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
:lol:

Nets are winning it all.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Loving all this love for my Nets team. Still a long way to go and obviously playoffs are a different ball game if we make it. Good times though.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Giving the plebs some confidence while AD is out, I see. Not only the best and most decorated franchise, also the nicest one.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Giving the plebs some confidence while AD is out, I see. Not only the best and most decorated franchise, also the nicest one.
TBF we had 4 players out last night including KD.

Nets are the real deal this season. Not saying they will go all the way but I predicted they would go close. Nobody in the East is looking any better right now.

sport2793

Suns on a 9-1 streak which should have been 10-0 after starting the season 8-8.
Even that Nets loss will be a good learning moment in the long run. The young core had to feel the embarrassment so that they fight to never experience that again. The response has been good since.

elmo

Boogie's gonna get cut once Wood returns.

Is that him to the Nets?

Would imagine the Raptors, Celtics and Sixers would have some interest in him.

sport2793

Boogie's gonna get cut once Wood returns.

Is that him to the Nets?

Would imagine the Raptors, Celtics and Sixers would have some interest in him.
Hard to see how the current Boogie fits in with how Nash and D'Antoni see basketball. Guess it comes down to how bad the star 3 want him as they hold the cards.

Zen

Suns on a 9-1 streak which should have been 10-0 after starting the season 8-8.
CP so good for that team. Only LeBron has proven to be a positive influence on as many teams as him really. All the teams he's been on have reached their ceiling due to him, even if their are moments that can be considered chokes, it's because he was a massively influence getting them to those positions.

Don't think he'll struggle to grab himself a Peyton/Kidd ring after this whopper contract ends. Although theres no reason to believe he won't still be pretty legit in 18 months time, always thought he'd want to team up with LeBron, but almost certain they won't mesh even if they are on 30min per game...team him up with Giannis for a year i say.

sport2793

CP so good for that team. Only LeBron has proven to be a positive influence on as many teams as him really. All the teams he's been on have reached their ceiling due to him, even if their are moments that can be considered chokes, it's because he was a massively influence getting them to those positions.

Don't think he'll struggle to grab himself a Peyton/Kidd ring after this whopper contract ends. Although theres no reason to believe he won't still be pretty legit in 18 months time, always thought he'd want to team up with LeBron, but almost certain they won't mesh even if they are on 30min per game...team him up with Giannis for a year i say.
Paul reminds me of Nash in terms of playing arguably his best basketball in his 30s. Think he can play at a high level for another 2 to 3 seasons as he's not someone who needs to play at an extremely fast pace.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Supporting the Arsenal and the Timberwolves. I must've been a real bastard in a previous life.

elmo

CP3 hasn't been that good for us bar 3-4 games actually where he was clutch and closed out a few tight games, but I expect he'll improve the team more in the later part of the season when he has meshed well with the team. At the moment, you can tell there he and Booker are still trying to work out who should get the ball in certain situations and it messes the flow of the offense when both of them try to give the ball up to the other.

There was already signs of how good the Suns could be last year in the bubble when we went 8-0.

Real difference is that we finally have a proper team identity with James Jones actually knowing what he's doing when signing and drafting players and here's a team that actually plays hard on both ends of the court for most of the games. Saric, Kaminsky and Payne have all balled out from the bench, especially Payne because he's averaging nearly 50/45/90 from the field while playing 18 mpg as the primary ball handler off the bench. Adding CP3, Gallo and Crowder just added more experience and toughness which the team needed because most of them are young and have no experience playing when it really matters, the playoffs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Can't they pick someone up off FA

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Supporting the Arsenal and the Timberwolves. I must've been a real bastard in a previous life.
:lol:

If you are like me, you have googled "Saunders fired" every other day for the past year.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There goes another Raptors coach.

He only lasted 3 months with us before moving on. I'm expecting more 3s to be taken by the Timberwolves. When Chris Finch was with us, we had way more plays with screens opening up 3-point opportunities.