NBA 2020-2021

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Harden has been incredible for us since arriving. Another 44 PTS last night.

If we can get KD back healthy and playing then I think we've got a real chance this year. Kyrie been great too when he's played. Hopefully he can get over most of his off the court issues as he's a tremendous talent.

Just gutted I can't fly out and catch a few games. :(

Zen

Nets are red hot faves when/if KD gets back.... like what's up with him anyway? He deserves the stick he's gonna get when he retires.... wins with Curry, then with Harden. Not all rings are equal, regardless of him likely being the best player every time he will win.

ZDwyr

How many minutes does Aldridge even play for Brooklyn? Particularly in the playoffs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How many minutes does Aldridge even play for Brooklyn? Particularly in the playoffs.
He’s going to start for them I think. Should be their best center from the start.

Ladron de redcafe

Nets are red hot faves when/if KD gets back.... like what's up with him anyway? He deserves the stick he's gonna get when he retires.... wins with Curry, then with Harden. Not all rings are equal, regardless of him likely being the best player every time he will win.
I agree. You're hardly facing that much adversity when you're on what is clearly the most stacked team in the league. His sensitive demeanor doesn't help; he seems intent on making sure he gets as much credit as he thinks he deserves but probably doesn't, and therefore routinely makes the case for himself, which doesn't come across well.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Zion has taken a pretty clear step forward in his development this season. Looks really good.
The Pelicans are trash, and seem to lose every close game they play (except last night!), but you have to be watch Zion play as much as possible. He’s improved so much over the course of the season, feels like he should get something like 30+/7/6 every game now without too much effort. I’m yet to see a defence that can stop his signature move.

Zen

Can someone truly explain the buyout to me.... seems mad that Nets and Lakers are gonna get LMA and Drummond for shit all, and Blake seemingly faked his way to being completely shot to get on the ride too. I mean they ain't all-star level, but it's given the Nets depth and spacing they wanted.

Do they still get their max (apparently guaranteed, so surely they should) money for the Pistons, Spurs and Cavs? I mean, how can it be guaranteed if it can be sold out... but then it makes me understand why others don't kick up a fuss so much - say CP3.

Are there any limits to it - how many times a team and can actually buyout their players, or how many bought out FA's a team can sign?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Can someone truly explain the buyout to me.... seems mad that Nets and Lakers are gonna get LMA and Drummond for shit all, and Blake seemingly faked his way to being completely shot to get on the ride too. I mean they ain't all-star level, but it's given the Nets depth and spacing they wanted.

Do they still get their max (apparently guaranteed, so surely they should) money for the Pistons, Spurs and Cavs? I mean, how can it be guaranteed if it can be sold out... but then it makes me understand why others don't kick up a fuss so much - say CP3.

Are there any limits to it - how many times a team and can actually buyout their players, or how many bought out FA's a team can sign?
Teams agree to pay them a lower fee than their contract to get them off the team. They can get another contract, usually a minimum to be on their new team.

So for teams who buy them out, they pay lesser money overall, for the players they take slightly lesser money to be on a team they want to be.

Zen

So, any limits? Or could theoretically.... a team just build from whinging players who refuse to play then suddenly find their mojo again, basically a more extreme version of what the Nets are kinda doing.

The next lockout will basically be about fixing this.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
So, any limits? Or could theoretically.... a team just build from whinging players who refuse to play then suddenly find their mojo again, basically a more extreme version of what the Nets are kinda doing.

The next lockout will basically be about fixing this.
The current team has to agree and the player has to agree to a large paycut. I think Griffin left 27 million on the table.

sport2793

If we can get KD back healthy and playing then I think we've got a real chance this year. Kyrie been great too when he's played. Hopefully he can get over most of his off the court issues as he's a tremendous talent.

:lol: If the Nets don't win this year it will be a massive failure.

ZDwyr

Boston's struggles seem to be going under the radar slightly. They've been very, very average.

Deery

Dreary
Boston's struggles seem to be going under the radar slightly. They've been very, very average.
They’ve been shocking this season so far, made a few trades recently to try and stem the bleed got rid of Theis but nothing seems to have changed.

Might be in for a trade with Bradley Beal which would help Tatum a lot because I think he needs help.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
:lol: If the Nets don't win this year it will be a massive failure.
We should go close to I think claiming we have to win it is a bit silly. Considering we've never won it before.

It's definitely not a vintage NBA season though that's for sure. Best chance we will get.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
There’s a real joy in seeing Giannis and Thanasis on the court together at the same time. Any chance Thanasis could become a proper player for the Bucks?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We should go close to I think claiming we have to win it is a bit silly. Considering we've never won it before.
That's a strange logic. How does the past affect the fact you have 3 of the best scorers in the game, 1 of the best players on the planet and now also have built a very strong bench?

Skåre Willoch

They’ve been shocking this season so far, made a few trades recently to try and stem the bleed got rid of Theis but nothing seems to have changed.

Might be in for a trade with Bradley Beal which would help Tatum a lot because I think he needs help.
Yeah, they've been absolutely shocking. Right now their confidence seem shot, they can lose to any team, and are not clear favorites against anyone at this moment.
Kemba has not been anywhere close to as good as he should be, given his contract.
While Tatum is good, he has to get a lot better as well. If he wants to be the superstar he seemingly already thinks he is, he should be able to carry this team a bit/lot more than he's doing now.
Stevens also seem lost, in a way. Like he's run out of ideas completely. The celtics are soft, they're boring, and they miss both the killer player(s) and the killer instinct.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they end up as a 7th seed, and miss out on the playoffs entirely.

What would it take to get Beal? Smart and a couple of 1. rounders? I think they should just do it, as this team is going nowhere with the current personell.

elmo

Yeah, they've been absolutely shocking. Right now their confidence seem shot, they can lose to any team, and are not clear favorites against anyone at this moment.
Kemba has not been anywhere close to as good as he should be, given his contract.
While Tatum is good, he has to get a lot better as well. If he wants to be the superstar he seemingly already thinks he is, he should be able to carry this team a bit/lot more than he's doing now.
Stevens also seem lost, in a way. Like he's run out of ideas completely. The celtics are soft, they're boring, and they miss both the killer player(s) and the killer instinct.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they end up as a 7th seed, and miss out on the playoffs entirely.

What would it take to get Beal? Smart and a couple of 1. rounders? I think they should just do it, as this team is going nowhere with the current personell.
Trade deadline is over, they can't make any moves this season.

Deery

Dreary

Think there’s a few Celtics fans that are turning on Smart so it’s not beyond the realms of possibilities, although I’d like to keep him as he can turn it on sometimes and be really good. Not sure if they can still trade now though..

Skåre Willoch

Trade deadline is over, they can't make any moves this season.
Ah, feck. That's right. Well, here's to hoping we'll turn it around at some point, and at least beat a tough team in the first round of the playoffs (if we even qualify).

Think there’s a few Celtics fans that are turning on Smart so it’s not beyond the realms of possibilities, although I’d like to keep him as he can turn it on sometimes and be really good. Not sure if they can still trade now though..
I'm a big fan of his, but it would be a no brainer to use him if it meant getting Beal. How long can we still sign FAs? And are there even anyone capable left to sign?

Edit: Just checked out Smart's contract. Apparently he has a body fat percentage bonus! :lol:

Deery

Dreary
I'm a big fan of his, but it would be a no brainer to use him if it meant getting Beal. How long can we still sign FAs? And are there even anyone capable left to sign?

Edit: Just checked out Smart's contract. Apparently he has a body fat percentage bonus! :lol:
The only other person I seen the Celtics linked with was DeMarcus Cousins who’s not really got superstar potential to win a championship.

Yeah Smart seems like he can get a bit doughy :lol:

Not sure about FA’s..

Sarni

I did not get them trading Theis at all. He was just about the only player they could play at center for 25 minutes a night that didn't suck. Williams is a walking foul trouble and not good for more than 20 mins, Wagner is not good at all and Thompson has been a disaster. I think they were convinced they were getting Drummond until he went to Lakers.

Sarni

They cannot trade for Beal anymore and when they can, next Summer, they a) won't have the assets to do it, as Smart will be hitting free agency in 2022 and will not be of much value and their picks are not that great either as they will at best be in the 10-14 range if they miss they playoffs at some point. They could get Beal for Brown or Tatum but it'd be a sideways move + he's also expiring next year. Wizards won't want Smart, what's the point, he's not good enough to be the best player on a decent team or even a second best player on a good team.

Sarni

Would the Nets have been better off signing Drummond over Aldridge?
No. Drummond is garbage. Aldridge is not good defensively but still has offense and if they use him in pick & pop with other guys there, he should be good for 15-20 minutes a night which is pretty much all they are looking for at this point from the players they acquire.

NBA has to do something about buyouts though. It is unfair advantage to big market teams.

Zen

No. Drummond is garbage. Aldridge is not good defensively but still has offense and if they use him in pick & pop with other guys there, he should be good for 15-20 minutes a night which is pretty much all they are looking for at this point from the players they acquire.

NBA has to do something about buyouts though. It is unfair advantage to big market teams.
Wouldn't this be the opposite of what they need? Or is it just gung ho on the offense now with some defence here and there. There are certainly elements of a Lakers 2004 like flop here.... the only comparison not in place, is that there isn't any in-fighting or well, a law case going on. Goddamn they should absolutely breeze the East and that's sad, Bucks and 76'ers are genuine teams - would love to see pull off a Pistons upset... but then they've gotta do it twice if the Lakers are fit too, I still have them breezing the west.

Sarni

Wouldn't this be the opposite of what they need? Or is it just gung ho on the offense now with some defence here and there. There are certainly elements of a Lakers 2004 like flop here.... the only comparison not in place, is that there isn't any in-fighting or well, a law case going on. Goddamn they should absolutely breeze the East and that's sad, Bucks and 76'ers are genuine teams - would love to see pull off a Pistons upset... but then they've gotta do it twice if the Lakers are fit too, I still have them breezing the west.
But Drummond has no defence either. All he does is get easy rebounds due to being extremely tall with long arms. They would have done well to get McGee but with how well Claxton has played recently they may get their 'good defensive center' solution internally. Their offense should be enough to blow by most teams and Aldridge emphasizes that even more, opening up space for other players. I mean I don't really know how you can guard Kyrie, Harden, Harris, KD and Aldridge on the floor. It's a nightmare.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
One of the things I struggle with the NBA is the lack of team identities and with every passing season it's becoming even worse. This trend where the only way to be a contender is to just completely overhaul your roster is a bit annoying imo.

Bubz27

KD has such low self-esteem doesn't he. Must be because he knows he can only win on super teams.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

You might be the first Nets fan I've ever met :lol:

elmo

Drummond's defense is overrated. He chases after blocks and just boxes out for rebound when he can't get the block.

Nets are just planning to outscore everyone and with Aldridge and Blake in, their bench gets more scorers when one of Kyrie/Harden needs to sit.

R'hllor

Nuggets vs 76ers, what a weird game at the end, have a feeling like both teams lost.

ZDwyr

KD has such low self-esteem doesn't he. Must be because he knows he can only win on super teams.

If that's real then I don't even know what to say. He's such a strange guy.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You might be the first Nets fan I've ever met :lol:
Hahahahahaha

I'm English and was born in Salford. However after finishing Uni I lived and worked in NJ and NYC for 2 years. Whilst living in Hoboken (Frank Sinatra's town) I adopted the then New Jersey Nets as my team. They weren't very good of course but they were a local team so I have just stuck with them post franchise change.

Nice to finally have a good team. As much as I used to love watching Carter play for us back in the day I think it's fair to say watching Harden, KD n Kyrie is definitely better. :)

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Hahahahahaha

I'm English and was born in Salford. However after finishing Uni I lived and worked in NJ and NYC for 2 years. Whilst living in Hoboken (Frank Sinatra's town) I adopted the then New Jersey Nets as my team. They weren't very good of course but they were a local team so I have just stuck with them post franchise change.

Nice to finally have a good team. As much as I used to love watching Carter play for us back in the day I think it's fair to say watching Harden, KD n Kyrie is definitely better. :)
I should have said the first ever Nets fan outside of BK. I live in Brooklyn right now there is a buzz, but too bad nobody can go to games.

stepic

it's not like he joined Harden and Kyrie at the Nets. if anything it's Harden who has joined the super team. in any case, how much influence does KD have on management recruitment decisions?

Warriors was a different story, mind

if anything, Michael comes out looking a bit pathetic in those tweets. i mean, calling your lawyer over something so inane is a pretty shit move.

Bubz27

it's not like he joined Harden and Kyrie at the Nets. if anything it's Harden who has joined the super team. in any case, how much influence does KD have on management recruitment decisions?

Warriors was a different story, mind

if anything, Michael comes out looking a bit pathetic in those tweets. i mean, calling your lawyer over something so inane is a pretty shit move.
Superstars do have influence on recruitment. He recruited Kyrie and he recruited Harden. All superstars do it. It's fine.

It's just that KD is so insecure about it.

And no way Rapaport looks worse than KD in those tweets.

stepic

Superstars do have influence on recruitment. He recruited Kyrie and he recruited Harden. All superstars do it. It's fine.

It's just that KD is so insecure about it.

And no way Rapaport looks worse than KD in those tweets.
the insecurity is clearly from the backlash he got from the warriors move. even though the precedent for that was done years earlier with the big 3 in miami.

maybe not worse, but seems like a pretty non issue spat to me.