NBA 2020-2021

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
A lot depends on the status of CP3 and Kawhi. But the Jazz should be embarrassed.
Being so dependant on 3 point shooting when their best player off the bench is Jordan fecking Clarkson. Synder needs to rethink their offense to get them more offense from the bench. Mitchell was basically crippled this series and he's the only player that could get them points reliably that's not from an open 3.

It's why I prefer matching up against the Jazz, rather than the Clippers even with Kawhi out. We're good at defending the perimeter and not so much in the paint where Ayton is the only reliable option. If Ayton goes down or gets into foul trouble, the team will suffer.

Would be disgusted if we end up losing to the Clippers because of Zubac because they're very beatable.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I wanted to watch the Clippers Jazz game last night but had to switch to something else because the audio was too high def and I couldn't deal with the orchestra of sneakers squeaking on the hardwood :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
First, obligatory: What a Mann!!!
How many corner 3s have the Clippers scored in the second half because of Gobert not contesting any of them?

I need a compilation with the Benny Hill theme song playing over it
Yeah, they really cracked Gobert over the last 2 games
They just defeated Utah twice in a row without Kawhi. I have them favorites against Spurs, and with a good chance against Bucks (no chance against Nets though if Harden returns to full power and/or Kyrie returns).
Clips won by cracking Gobert in PnR coverage or switches and shooting lights out from 3. They could do that because Jazz have no great perimeter defenders other than Royce O'Neale

Suns are full of great perimeter defenders, and they can downsize with Craig at the 5 if Ayton proves unplayable

Fergies Gum

Just me or do 76ers have to trade Simmons after what's happened in these playoffs?

Its just humiliating that you have to keep subbing one of your "star" players in the final moments of a game, because you know the opposition will foul him as they know he will bottle it at the FT line.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Just me or do 76ers have to trade Simmons after what's happened in these playoffs?

Its just humiliating that you have to keep subbing one of your "star" players in the final moments of a game, because you know the opposition will foul him as they know he will bottle it at the FT line.
No, it's not only you. No chance winning the title with that kind of a point guard.

ZDwyr

The trouble with trading Simmons is that his value is incredibly low right now.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I’ve stayed up for Nets Bucks. Not convinced I’ll be able to stay awake for the whole thing, especially if Giannis keeps shooting free-throws.

But - Harden’s looking the closest to himself that we’ve seen this series. I think that will be enough, and the Nets will sneak this.

ThierryHenry

7 points on 0 FGA? Yeah, Harden's back to being himself.
:lol: He’s driving to the basket and throwing his body around. Wasn’t doing that in games 5 or 6. I think he’s now 7 points on 0-4…

Also - Bruce Brown is incredible.

Eddy_JukeZ

The Bucks really overpaid for Jrue

They should have gone much harder for CP3

He's sabotaging them out there

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Hypothetically, how does a Porzingis for Simmons sound?
Would it work for either team?
Would either fit into the new team?
Would it be a dumb move by either?
It'll be dumb for both teams.

Mavs don't need another non shooting ball handler and Sixers don't need another big who can't post up.

ThierryHenry

Feels like Bucks have been pretty unlucky with some of the ref calls, which then leaves me amazed they’re down just two (now level!), especially given how poor Holiday has shot.

Giannis has done everything right.

ThierryHenry

Also - I know Giannis’ game is higher-intensity, but it’s incredible how KD looks completely unaffected by playing 48 minutes (again), while Giannis has been clearly struggling with his high-usage since the start of the 4th.

TheBest

SPNTBP
I dont get why bucks never double KD? Everyone knew the last play, yet they had tucker on him. Kd can easily shoot over him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think this fight will make the Bucks better. They needed a series like this to get tough. I like their chances to win it all.

ZDwyr

Amazing game. Brooke can breathe a huge sigh of relief. Durant was ridiculous again.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If only KD's feet weren't so damn big :(

Happy for Giannis though, Nets will be favourites again next year but this is a great chance for the Bucks to win it all

ThierryHenry

Brilliant, even if overtime was trash. Is it ridiculous to now make the Bucks the favourites?

I guess for most it will be; Suns, Bucks, Clippers (assuming no Kawhi), Hawks/ 76ers

I’d pick Bucks over Suns though. I think they learned a tonne in this series, games 6 and 7 were the best they’ve played by a distance.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So happy for the Bucks. It looked like they were down and out after game 2 but they showed the spirit and got there in the end. Them winning is also much better for the league as it makes the race for the remaining 5 teams wide open whereas Nets would be huge favorites once Kyrie and Harden returned to full health.

Ladron de redcafe

Durant gasses out and the Nets go home. 48 points was the highest total of any player in a game 7 in NBA history. Enormous shot to tie the game at the end, and one about which he'll have nightmares. Two inches back and the game and series would have gone the Nets' way and Durant's would have had a seminal moment in NBA history that would have boosted his legacy far beyond what it is at the moment.

Great series by Durant, and I really hope he gets the credit he deserves for his play. Giannis finally came up big in the final stretch in overtime. So did Lopez.

The championship is up for grabs at the moment.

Zen

Get to the golf course ring chases - albeit off the back of a GOAT series for Durant.

The best chance any of the last 4 will have in their current setups, they just aren't talented enough otherwise, in a league that's largely won by individual talent. If the Bucks-Suns becomes a reality, unreal, but one of CP3 or Giannis would still have to lose, and therefor still get a load of criticism for it regardless, forget the fact they are now somewhere they weren't supposed to be in the first place(NBA Finals, not so much the Conf. Finals).

TheBest

SPNTBP
Its funny how everyone considers KD as the best player now, even though he lost in the second round. He didnt get the same respect even after winning back to back fmvp.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Its funny how everyone considers KD as the best player now, even though he lost in the second round. He didnt get the same respect even after winning back to back fmvp.
It's honestly difficult to pick a truly best player right now. There are players who excel in singular aspects but few that excel all round.

KD: Best pure scorer in the league, doesn't facilitate others on offense though and not a great defender.
Steph: Best shooter in the league and one of the best scorers. Known to be weak defensively though (Lillard is the same).
Jokic: Best overall offensive player in the league when you combine scoring and assisting. Not great defensively.
Doncic: Same as Jokic, great offensively overall but weak defensively.
Giannis: One of the best defensively but has clear weaknesses on offense when it comes to shooting.
Harden: After how great he was as a passer this season, he falls under the same category as Jokic and Doncic as being great offensively but weak defensively.
Paul: Best leader in there league, really good offensively but not over of the elites in that sense.

Kawhi, Embiid and AD are one of the few players who excel both offensively and defensively, but all three have obvious fitness issues and neither are amongst the best offensive players in the league (Embiid is close though).

James at his peak in Miami was one of those players who was amongst the best offensively and defensively, therefore he was clearly the best in the league (or Kawhi during the playoff stretch with Toronto, great scoring and guarding Giannis). Jordan before him was the same. Right now, it's not clear to me who is the best player but there are so many great players to choose from, each will have their own opinion.

Would be interesting to see players who were in the All NBA first and All Defensive first teams during the same year, or a stretch of a few years.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thank you Bucks, I needed to be right about the Nets. :D

Zen

He kinda did. But no one wants to see number 2, 3, and then a further 2 in the top 20ish playing together. Takes time to rebuild that.

ZDwyr

An underrated story for the Nets is how bad Joe Harris was in the series.