NBA 2021-2022

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
So who would actually want Simmons on their team?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So who would actually want Simmons on their team?
It depends on the deal and how many shooters would have to go but the Wolves would, he fits what they need, an excellent initiator that is also excellent defensively.

JPRouve

Scout

I love this franchise. A joke that keeps on giving. :lol:

Edit: At least the replacement is highly regarded.

Andy_Cole

Hi guys. Probably a long shot but I’m in town for the Bucks opener vs Nets, 20 October. If anyone can source any tickets for me it’ll make my trip.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So Wiggins got his request for vaccine exemption rejected but still stands by his right to not get vaccinated. Wonder if that means a trade incoming because he's not allowed to play home games if he's not vaccinated.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Simmons situation is such a mess. A change of scenery will probably do him good but what he wants - which is a lead role on a team and to have them build around him - is something he can probably get in maybe 2 or 3 places currently and that would be with teams that are long way from being competitive like Houston. I would actually want him at Portland in exchange for CJ which would also be a good deal for Sixers but he wouldn’t be no 1 there at all. Even at Timberwolves it would basically be a very similar situation to Sixers although at a much worse team.

JPRouve

Scout
Simmons situation is such a mess. A change of scenery will probably do him good but what he wants - which is a lead role on a team and to have them build around him - is something he can probably get in maybe 2 or 3 places currently and that would be with teams that are long way from being competitive like Houston. I would actually want him at Portland in exchange for CJ which would also be a good deal for Sixers but he wouldn’t be no 1 there at all. Even at Timberwolves it would basically be a very similar situation to Sixers although at a much worse team.
We are better than your Blazers. :D

JPRouve

Scout
Guess his rights wasn't that important once he realised it could cost him money :lol:
I'd have some respect for him if he maintained his stance but I guess like you said, it's all about money
Timberwolves fans knew that it was the only outcome. The only reasons he didn't get the vaccin was because he was too lazy to find how to get one or didn't care enough up until now. That's typical Wiggins.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Jordan Poole played really well tonight. If he can take that kind of performance into the regular season and Klay can eventually get back to his pre-injury level, this year could be a pretty decent one for the Dubs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Jordan Poole played really well tonight. If he can take that kind of performance into the regular season and Klay can eventually get back to his pre-injury level, this year could be a pretty decent one for the Dubs.
They should be among favorites to go deep in the playoffs. Not only should Poole and Wiseman improve, their two rookies should also get better as the year progresses and they will have all of the old team back. There aren’t really any teams significantly better than that in the West.

Andy_Cole

Very long shot. All tickets will be on the secondary market by now (for an exorbitant amount I'm sure)
I managed to cop on retail! Not cheap but will be worth it. Can’t wait. Also planning to watch Bulls vs Pistons whilst I’m there.

JPRouve

Scout
Blazers seems to give forever for their coach even when they know it's not working, I fully expect Kidd to be there at the end of the season.
Kidd is with the Mavs and Billups with the Blazers.

ZDwyr

Thoughts on the Kyrie situation? Can't tell if it is just an attention-grab by him or if he genuinely intends to not play home games. Seems to be the latter but who knows with that guy. Nets probably have enough to win without him anyway but at least if he is out it gives others a better shot (yes, pun intended).

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Thoughts on the Kyrie situation? Can't tell if it is just an attention-grab by him or if he genuinely intends to not play home games. Seems to be the latter but who knows with that guy. Nets probably have enough to win without him anyway but at least if he is out it gives others a better shot (yes, pun intended).
Some NBA source really hit the nail on the head when they called Kyrie "a contrarian without a cause". Like so many conspiracy nutcases, he seems to be so deep down the rabbit hole that anything presented as fact and benefical from his supposed enemies (the state, "the man", "they", whoever fits the bill that very moment in Kyrie's head) is automatically something to be opposed.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
three first-round picks? :lol::lol:

It must be crack.

I think what happens is they try to rehabilitate Ben Simmns' value during the season and wait for a desperate team to bite.

Either way looks like he is staying in Philly and that first game at home when he's in the building, I'll be watching it live. If I lived closer I'd buy tickets and I'm not even a Philly fan...

JPRouve

Scout
It must be crack.

I think what happens is they try to rehabilitate Ben Simmns' value during the season and wait for a desperate team to bite.

Either way looks like he is staying in Philly and that first game at home when he's in the building, I'll be watching it live. If I lived closer I'd buy tickets and I'm not even a Philly fan...
That's if he sets foot in the building.