NBA 2021-2022

entropy

It must be crack.

I think what happens is they try to rehabilitate Ben Simmns' value during the season and wait for a desperate team to bite.

Either way looks like he is staying in Philly and that first game at home when he's in the building, I'll be watching it live. If I lived closer I'd buy tickets and I'm not even a Philly fan...
That's if he sets foot in the building.
Looks like he is set to return. I wish they just traded him to the blazers for CJ and a first-round pick. Instead of whatever the feck this mess is supposed to be.

Sandyman

The sooner this unprofessional shitshow comes to an end, the better. No one was going to pay a steep price for Ben after his playoff performance. They should have thought of that instead of throwing Ben under the bus.

Looking back, maybe the Harden trade would have worked best for everyone.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The sooner this unprofessional shitshow comes to an end, the better. No one was going to pay a steep price for Ben after his playoff performance. They should have thought of that instead of throwing Ben under the bus.

Looking back, maybe the Harden trade would have worked best for everyone.
That video of him not dunking on Trae Young did all the tanking of his value. They could have praised Ben to the high heavens and they would still be in the same predicament.

Sandyman

That video of him not dunking on Trae Young did all the tanking of his value. They could have praised Ben to the high heavens and they would still be in the same predicament.
Oh yeah. But at least Ben would not have felt alienated and turned up back in Philly. You pretty much expect it from the fans but not from your manager and co-star player. His strike has further reduced his value - everyone can just afford to wait and watch this unfold.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Oh yeah. But at least Ben would not have felt alienated and turned up back in Philly. You pretty much expect it from the fans but not from your manager and co-star player. His strike has further reduced his value - everyone can just afford to wait and watch this unfold.
Yeah can't argue with that, even if as an outsider it felt refreshing to hear Doc and Embiid express what everyone felt seeing that play :lol:

Sandyman

Yeah can't argue with that, even if as an outsider it felt refreshing to hear Doc and Embiid express what everyone felt seeing that play :lol:
Felt sorry for him rather than being angry at that moment to be honest. Not going for an open basked because you're scared of getting fouled and sent to the FT line is just something else. Must have been totally shot emotionally at that point.

Doc was probably pleased he had someone to throw under the bus. Simmons was awful but the Sixers were poor too. 2nd year in a row his team got knocked out when they should have easily progressed. Blowing such huge leads and losing in such dramatic fashion that led to all the post season crap. Feck me, looks like am still not over it :lol:

All that tanking and #trusttheprocess for nothing!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So it'll be no Kyrie for the Nets in the foreseeable future, if ever again cause I can't see him getting vaxxed.

What a car crash this fecking guy is.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Impressed again with Jordan Poole tonight. I'm starting to have real high hopes for the lad.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Kyrie is a fecking dipshit…
Now his camp is trying to spin the narrative. Apparently, Kyrie isn't anti-vaxx at all, oh no no no, he's just protesting the fact that other unvaxxed people are losing their jobs. Without saying anything about it, of course, so he has no problem with being a poster boy for the anti-vaxxers despite being categorically and fully anti-anit-vaxx, obviously. What a clown.

ZDwyr

Has an issue with the vaccine mandate not the vaccine itself. Yet, didn't get the vaccine 4-5 months before mandates were even a thing? Yeah, OK. Complete tool.

edcunited1878

Hes actually an undersized SG, he's exactly what they're missing.
I don't know how well Kyrie would playin Dallas, as in accepting a different role rather than the 1, because he deferred to KD and James Harden.

It's a very different dynamic in Brooklyn which allowed James to run the offense, something that has been extremely effective because that has more to do with James than Kyrie. James is just better and more effective, which Kyrie was okay with. Dallas is missing a consistent small forward/stretch power forward to play a 2 man game with Luka, in addition to however else they want to play offensively. KP could be that player under Jason Kidd in Dallas and I think they will allow that to play out.

As we've seen or known, Kyrie is a very polarizing character. I personally would not have him on my team, unless there are players such as a KD or Harden that can tolerate him and block out the noise as the primary go-to guys on the team.

RooneyLegend

I don't know how well Kyrie would playin Dallas, as in accepting a different role rather than the 1, because he deferred to KD and James Harden.

It's a very different dynamic in Brooklyn which allowed James to run the offense, something that has been extremely effective because that has more to do with James than Kyrie. James is just better and more effective, which Kyrie was okay with. Dallas is missing a consistent small forward/stretch power forward to play a 2 man game with Luka, in addition to however else they want to play offensively. KP could be that player under Jason Kidd in Dallas and I think they will allow that to play out.

As we've seen or known, Kyrie is a very polarizing character. I personally would not have him on my team, unless there are players such as a KD or Harden that can tolerate him and block out the noise as the primary go-to guys on the team.
If he can play with LeBron and Harden he can play with Luka. From a playing perspective the only issues he had was at Celtics where they put the ball in his hands. That's because in truth he's never been a real PG, he was always more of a SG.

He's great off the ball because he's a pure shooter. Hes also an incredible iso scorer which again is what Dallas needs.

What you're raising is what KP will solve this season provided he stays fit. The 2 man game between him and Luka has incredible potential. But regardless of that, teams always need a security blanket. Someone who can get the ball once the offense breaks down and get a bucket. Also someone who can score with the second unit on the floor. Also someone who can seal the deal in the clutch.

Whenever Luka was off the floor, Dallas was hopeless. Whenever the opposition put together a defensive plan that could slow down Luka it went tits up. That's exactly what someone like Kyrie stops from happening.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So the idea would be to replace Hardaway Jr for a more expensive player that is better but not 15m to 20m better. He also wouldn't fix the Mavs issues.

RooneyLegend

So the idea would be to replace Hardaway Jr for a more expensive player that is better but not 15m to 20m better. He also wouldn't fix the Mavs issues.
Kyrie is 20 m better than Hardaway Jr and he'd fix all of the Mavs issues provided KP plays as well as he can.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think at this point no team in the league would want to have anything to do with Kyrie. He’s a good player but not worth the drama that he brings with him. You could trade real assets for him to see him retire two weeks later because he doesn’t agree with something. Definitely can’t see Mavs going after him.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Great game from Steph tonight but the rest of the team looked very average for large parts of the game. At times it seemed a lot like last season with Curry carrying most of the load. 5-0 preseason looks good on paper but I'm still not convinced yet with this Dubs team. I'm pretty sure they'll be better than last year but by how much is the question.

Ladron de redcafe

Steph Marbury - a man known for ingesting vaseline - has come out in support of Kyrie Irving today, saying that Irving will "be remembered like Ali" for his current stances.

reelworld

Steph Marbury - a man known for ingesting vaseline - has come out in support of Kyrie Irving today, saying that Irving will "be remembered like Ali" for his current stances.
It's ridiculous how being contrarian is now considered as intelligent.
Can't believe the amount of support that Kyrie have over this. It's encouraging stupidity

Ladron de redcafe

It's ridiculous how being contrarian is now considered as intelligent.
Can't believe the amount of support that Kyrie have over this. It's encouraging stupidity
I agree. Saying something outlandish to stand out does not make one an intelligent person. And judging by Kyrie's statements throughout the years, it's as if his underlying imperative is to stand out. Your point accurately describes Marbury as well, given his statement.

RooneyLegend

I think at this point no team in the league would want to have anything to do with Kyrie. He’s a good player but not worth the drama that he brings with him. You could trade real assets for him to see him retire two weeks later because he doesn’t agree with something. Definitely can’t see Mavs going after him.
It's a move that would potentially get them a title. As things currently are, they have no chance because Luka can't be doing it alone.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
It's a move that would potentially get them a title. As things currently are, they have no chance because Luka can't be doing it alone.
"Potentially get them a title" - That's about as safe a bet as just putting money on all other stars in the league getting injured simultaneously in the playoffs.
Kyrie is the opposite of realiable, if he isn't injured he's AWOL for another reason. And looking at his time at Boston I think it's fair to say that he's not exactly good for team chemistry.
Nevermind the fact that the Mavs have no trade assets the Nets would be interested in.

In summary: Don't want, wouldn't touch that nutjob with a 30 foot pole drenched in disinfectant.

Ladron de redcafe

He's unpredictable, though. You can't rely on him to do what he needs to do because he always seems to bring some sort of controversy, for one reason or another.

On paper, the Nets are prohibitive favourites, but they just discovered that they can't rely on Kyrie the same way they can on Durant and Harden.

edcunited1878

Dallas desperately needs better perimeter players offensively and defensively, plus an interior game, because it's the West (e.g. Gobert, AD, Jokic, can throw in Ayton possibly). Having another backcourt mate might sound good, but even Portland can't get away with it via Dame and CJ.

edcunited1878

Kyrie for Simmons? Surely they'll talk about it.
That would be interesting and can see positives for both sides.

Nets get a big defensive stopper, he'll always be 3rd offensive option, and can pass well. KD and James can put Ben in his place, and it might be good for him to work with Nash.

Kyrie and Joel...not sure how that works, especially with Doc as the head coach. But from a pure playing standpoint, it looks a good fit on paper.

RooneyLegend

Kyrie isn't going to make them a contender. They're better off trying to sign more shooters and players who can actually defend.
Nope, they need a guy who can get his own without being spoon fed and can close games. Very few in the NBA are better than Kyrie at doing that. They're going to be great defensively this season if KP stays fit because he's an elite rim protector when he's on it.

RooneyLegend

Dallas desperately needs better perimeter players offensively and defensively, plus an interior game, because it's the West (e.g. Gobert, AD, Jokic, can throw in Ayton possibly). Having another backcourt mate might sound good, but even Portland can't get away with it via Dame and CJ.
Portland's backcourt is tiny and they have no rim protection to speak of. They are never going to be great defensively and on offense CJ and Dame are very simit. They can get their own but can't set up teammates on a consistent basis without being double teamed.

The difference with Dallas is they have maybe the best point guard in the NBA. Someone who can set the table for every one while also getting his own.

Kidd is committed to playing KP with Powell in the interior. Going to make for great viewing especially defensively.