NBA 2021-2022

Charlie Foley

Love scones. Pronounced like "bones" and not "cons" of course (always got to have some controversy in my posts). ;)

Me mum used to make great scones when I were a lad.
No controversy when you’re correct! (Except apparently when you-correctly-praise Steph. Aaaanyway)

scones are class. Don’t know when I last had a good one in the states mind

frostbite

Warriors 4-0. Wiggins wants his ring, after being considered a flop for so many years. And he pushes Steph, who might look like a nice, quiet guy, but actually he is very competitive and wants to get the playoffs MVP himself. Warriors will not be soft today, they know that a win will give them valuable rest before the finals.

Charlie Foley

Warriors 4-0. Wiggins wants his ring, after being considered a flop for so many years. And he pushes Steph, who might look like a nice, quiet guy, but actually he is very competitive and wants to get the playoffs MVP himself. Warriors will not be soft today, they know that a win will give them valuable rest before the finals.
Nice username!

SinNombre

Kerr trying to throw this game with a death lineup of Poole + 2 rookies + Klay at the start of the second quarter

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So much for a third quarter comeback. This is starting to feel a lot like game 5 in Memphis.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wow Dallas are about to throw this away. Only an 8 point lead now with 3 minutes still left.

frostbite

I wish Kerr had left the rookies in the last quarter and whatever happened, happened. There was no point using Curry again. Oh well...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
At the end of the day a consolation win for the mavs. Dubs are closing this out in 5. Doncic needs to turn into prime MJ for the Mavs to even have a chance, AND they need to shoot well from 3, AND they need the dubs to be careless with the ball

It's just not happening

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Hopefully Cs can stop messing around and close theirs in 6, so we can have a proper series in the Finals?!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With the All NBA nomination, KAT is almost guaranteed to stay in Minnesota since they can offer him a +50m per year supemax contract.

JPRouve

Scout
That's a lot of money tied up on one player.
It is but that's the price for a supermax contract and a talent like KAT is nearly impossible to replace for the Wolves. As long as the owners are willing to pay the luxury tax, there is little reason to not offer him that contract.

SinNombre

It is but that's the price for a supermax contract and a talent like KAT is nearly impossible to replace for the Wolves. As long as the owners are willing to pay the luxury tax, there is little reason to not offer him that contract.
KAT is not going to make the Wolves a genuine contender. Giving supermax for a small market team in such a circumstance could lead to a Dame situation for years, which might be ok for fans.

JPRouve

Scout
KAT is not going to make the Wolves a genuine contender. Giving supermax for a small market team in such a circumstance could lead to a Dame situation for years, which might be ok for fans.
I don't really see your point, first Minnesota isn't a small market, it's a the top of medium size markets. The Dame situation has nothing to do with his contract but a failure from management to bring a third star which is less of an issue for the Wolves because they will have the cap space next summer to offer max contracts. The alternative being to trade KAT despite the fact that the Wolves have a young ascending team, tank and hope to land a potential all NBA player via the draft. That's the best way to lose both KAT and Edwards.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Okay, I'm done counting out the Celtics. I gave up on them a little in the Bucks series, and I was certain they were done in this series. They keep coming back.

I'm all in now. They will be the NBA champs.

Revan

Assumptionman
Okay, I'm done counting out the Celtics. I gave up on them a little in the Bucks series, and I was certain they were done in this series. They keep coming back.

I'm all in now. They will be the NBA champs.
They are the most balanced team, by far. No superstar at the level of Curry, Doncic or Giannis, but an extremely good team, full of depth, likely the best defense in the league, and have several players who can do quite a bit of damage.

I think they will beat Miami in 6, and then beat Dubs in 6.

JPRouve

Scout
The Heat and Celtics have been fundamentally poor offensively. I'm sure that people will claim that it's due to great defense but it's not, but the complete lack of ball movement for large part of time is strange, it's as if each teams take turns to play brainless basketball.

edcunited1878

Doncic can't score, he's being exposed defensively, and he's letting his emotions cloud his game. Dallas defense is just non-existent this game.

Meanwhile, Klay is on tonight with balanced scoring from Pool, Wiggins, and Draymond. Curry has 7 points half way through the 3rd, but GSW are up 21.

SinNombre

Dallas are still in it. Streaky 3-point shooting can turn this around quickly. 9-point game with Mavs going on a 14-0 run

edcunited1878

Finally, Dallas has a huge run on the back of their defense and making key shots. Refs are calling a lot more whistles in favor of Dallas, but they've come alive in the 3rd, same with Doncic.

Dallas wins the 3rd and has cut down the lead to 10 going into the 4th.

SinNombre

Steph will win the first WCF MVP but this has been a terrible game from him and Doncic too.

Wiggins actually has been the most consistent player in these conference finals.

mav_9me

Steph will win the first WCF MVP but this has been a terrible game from him and Doncic too.

Wiggins actually has been the most consistent player in these conference finals.
I didn't know he was such a good defender.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Warriors have really upped their game this series. Offence is a bit difficult to judge though because going from Dallas to Boston is just a massive change

edcunited1878

Looney and Klay were giants in the 4th. Looney w another offensive rebound, kick to Klay...splash. That was the dagger.

Warriors are clicking and scary thing is, Curry can up his game to another level in the Finals.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

Steph's shooting was awful but Wiggs was no better in this game either. The offense was mostly Klay tonight. As for the MVP of the series, it's Steph by a mile. He's led the team in either points, rebounds or assists in every game and often more than one of these stats. Wiggs has been good though, but without Steph they don't win.