NBA 2021-2022

SinNombre

According to ESPN tracking, Celtics shot 3-12 with Steph Curry as the primary defender with 6 TOs

Steph quietly also had a very good defensive series.

ZDwyr

Of course, congrats to @Charlie Foley @charlton66 and the other Warriors fans. Unbelievably jealous of the success you've gotten to experience over the past few years.

I still hate you a little for stealing KD though :D

Charlie Foley

Of course, congrats to @Charlie Foley @charlton66 and the other Warriors fans. Unbelievably jealous of the success you've gotten to experience over the past few years.

I still hate you a little for stealing KD though :D
Understandable :lol: :D I think we have a really likeable roster now though: Steph, Klay, Iggy all loveable legends, never mind Klay’s own injury arc. Wiggins redemption, JTA/GP2 have fought so hard to be where they are, Looney, OPJ

edcunited1878

KD gets a lot of crap and he's a very sensitive and image conscious person, really the exact opposite of Steph...but KD left to try to be his own and will never be surrounded by players, coaches, and an organization like GSW have been for about 10 years.

Warriors went all in with Klay, Steph, Draymond and built an amazing teams and organization around them to sustain this dynasty. KD had to leave to get his money and be his own player. Whether you like it or not, KD played a part of this Warriors dynasty.

But this part of the journey has been special and unique for the Warriors.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would Miami or Bucks had made a closer battle in the finals than Celtics? Celtics really benefited from injuries to both Miami and Bucks in their series, whole Celtics were mostly healthy.

Bucks GSW would've been the most deserving final probably.

Charlie Foley

KD gets a lot of crap and he's a very sensitive and image conscious person, really the exact opposite of Steph...but KD left to try to be his own and will never be surrounded by players, coaches, and an organization like GSW have been for about 10 years.

Warriors went all in with Klay, Steph, Draymond and built an amazing teams and organization around them to sustain this dynasty. KD had to leave to get his money and be his own player. Whether you like it or not, KD played a part of this Warriors dynasty.

But this part of the journey has been special and unique for the Warriors.
Why would I not like it, we won two titles with him here

BarstoolProphet

Great ending to a great playoff and season. Was hoping my team (Miami) would end up in the Finals instead of Celtics, but still happy to see that Warriors returned to the summit. Chuffed for Curry, he's truly one of the greats. Wasn't they ranked as the 22nd best team before the season? The greatness of those players really became evident this season.

Eddy_JukeZ

Would Miami or Bucks had made a closer battle in the finals than Celtics? Celtics really benefited from injuries to both Miami and Bucks in their series, whole Celtics were mostly healthy.

The Bucks' drop coverage on defense wouldn't have fared well against the Warriors' offense, but it would have been interesting to see how the Warriors would have handled Giannis. A big contrast in styles.

That was my finals pick before the playoffs, but then the Bucks lost Middleton.

Eddy_JukeZ

Very happy Curry won and captured the finals MVP award in unanimous fashion

The criticisms directed at him over the past 3 years from opposing fans everywhere was stupid.

He just had the best series of his career against a defense that completely shut down KD, limited Giannis' efficiency and held Butler to some awful games too.

And he was pretty good defensively towards the end of the series.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats @Charlie Foley @Ayush_reddevil @SinNombre and @charlton66

What a team

Miami no. Bucks at full strenght yes because Giannis
The Bucks' drop coverage on defense wouldn't have fared well against the Warriors' offense, but it would have been interesting to see how the Warriors would have handled Giannis. A big contrast in styles.
Bud showed growth over the last 2 seasons and made good adjustments particularly in their title run. Don't think the Bucks would have played much drop against the Warriors

Eddy_JukeZ

Congrats @Charlie Foley @Ayush_reddevil @SinNombre and @charlton66

What a team

Miami no. Bucks at full strenght yes because Giannis

Bud showed growth over the last 2 seasons and made good adjustments particularly in their title run. Don't think the Bucks would have played much drop against the Warriors
He made good adjustments in their title run, but then I thought he reverted back to type during this post-season.

I don't think he made it easier for Giannis at all vs the Celtics by constantly having him attack from the top of the key or in isolations. I'm not so sure they would have completely ditched the drop against the Warriors, but we'll never know.

Eddy_JukeZ

Great ending to a great playoff and season. Was hoping my team (Miami) would end up in the Finals instead of Celtics, but still happy to see that Warriors returned to the summit. Chuffed for Curry, he's truly one of the greats. Wasn't they ranked as the 22nd best team before the season? The greatness of those players really became evident this season.
By 538's model, they were, but their model is crap.

They had the Celtics as the favorites during the bubble which was ridiculous and I can't remember who they favored last year, but I'm pretty sure they were way off the mark again.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
While I don’t like that regular season games now look like All-star games from the 90s, I love the parity. It feels like a lot of teams could make a run to a title or at least a finals, in the next 5 years.

i would love to see a regular season trophy that everyone cares about. Basketball would be better with no playoffs and a league title only, if regular season games mattered the way they do in the EPL the atmosphere would be amazing.

Never going to happen though.

Stacks

Tatum plays some dumb basketball at times
Congratulations, Warriors

Curry deserves final mvp, I respect him from the bottom of my heart.

Tatum performs poorly today.
538 had the Warriors as the 22nd best team in the league at the start of the season :lol:

Tatum is going to be criticized a lot after this, but it is adversity he has to get through.
Tatum deserves his criticism because he fell way short of what is expected of someone of his stature as first team all NBA.

His idol is Kobe. He wore a purple 24 arm band in Game 7 against Miami. Then he turned this performance in the Finals and then those 4th quarter performances?

He has a lot of room to grow and improve. But he has major flaws to be considered a top tier player in the league.
He's a Robin

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
While I don’t like that regular season games now look like All-star games from the 90s, I love the parity. It feels like a lot of teams could make a run to a title or at least a finals, in the next 5 years.

i would love to see a regular season trophy that everyone cares about. Basketball would be better with no playoffs and a league title only, if regular season games mattered the way they do in the EPL the atmosphere would be amazing.

Never going to happen though.
No indeed, the Americans love themselves some playoff dramas, never going to abolish that. Even the MLS has a playoff set-up.

I like playoff series in basketball though, the fact that you have to play and beat your opponent 4 times out of 7 to proceed is an entertaining one, also creates good narratives and rivalries if the same teams come up against each other again and again, e.g. the Celtics vs Lakers rivalry would completely disappear if you only have a regular season. Maybe they should rather be looking at restricting playoff entries instead of expanding it. Top 2 of each conference plays a Conference Finals and then the real Finals - if you have to be a #1 or #2 seed to make the playoffs, each regular season win counts more in that case as well.

Agreed that the regular season is kinda boring to follow at the moment. There has been talk of some "in-season tournament" but not sure how you'll get players motivated by that unless you involve some crazy price money.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's funny, because the Warriors were better whenever Klay sat in the playoffs. He had a negative on-off.

That said, bring on the trolling/baiting. No more buddy-buddy is great stuff :lol:

The Warriors/Grizzlies could develop into the best rivalry in the league. There was already some bad blood brewing.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's funny, because the Warriors were better whenever Klay sat in the playoffs. He had a negative on-off.

That said, bring on the trolling/baiting. No more buddy-buddy is great stuff :lol:

The Warriors/Grizzlies could develop into the best rivalry in the league. There was already some bad blood brewing.
The Grizzlies' series with the Warriors and Timberwolves were both in the top 3 series for me this post season.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Great time to remember that Kevin Durant ruined Basketball.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Grizzlies' series with the Warriors and Timberwolves were both in the top 3 series for me this post season.
If everything goes as planned the Western conference rivalry is going to be Wolves and Grizzlies because they are on a similar timeline.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If everything goes as planned the Western conference rivalry is going to be Wolves and Grizzlies because they are on a similar timeline.
Consider me skeptical but you will find a way to feck it up imo.

JPRouve

Scout
The franchise with a grand total of 3 playoff wins in their history without Kevin Garnett? Consider me skeptical but you will find a way to feck it up imo.
For all intent and purposes it's not the same franchise, different owners, different head coach and a different GM. And do you only consider rivalries exist between highly successful teams, if that's the case then the Grizzlies are also out of the conversation.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
For all intent and purposes it's not the same franchise, different owners, different head coach and a different GM. And do you only consider rivalries exist between highly successful teams, if that's the case then the Grizzlies are also out of the conversation.
I edited my post straight away because I thought that comment was a bit unfair indeed, although it is of course still true.

There are definitely also rivalries between less successful teams, I just wanna see the Timberwolves be really competitive for a few years before I can think about them being in a true rivalry, that's all. For such a thing to exist you need to have a few (meaningful, maybe even heated) playoff series between eachother at the very least. And it cannot be one-sided either for it to be a true rivalry imo.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think Kerr deserves a lot of praise for this one. The way players like Wiggins or Payton performed in the playoffs was incredible. That’s a sign of great coaching to me. Especially Wiggins.
Also the Warriors always knew what to do, even in the difficult moments. They always had their tactics to fall back on. Made a huge difference.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
I edited my post straight away because I thought that comment was a bit unfair indeed, although it is of course still true.

There are definitely also rivalries between less successful teams, I just wanna see the Timberwolves be really competitive for a few years before I can think about them being in a true rivalry, that's all. For such a thing to exist you need to have a few (meaningful, maybe even heated) playoff series between eachother at the very least. And it cannot be one-sided either for it to be a true rivalry imo.
The edit makes your point worse. It's actually interesting, what makes you think that the Wolves are bound to feck it up, what is the base of your opinion?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Also,

"FECK BOSTON"

There. Just needed to get it off my chest