NBA 2022-2023

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Dumb move from Steph with the mouth piece but Jordan Poole can be really infuriating with his play at the end of games. Fortunately in this one he was in the right place at the right time.

A much needed win.
You know the funny thing?

I was in a bar last night. We were up like 9 points against you guys, sometime in the 3rd quarter. I thought to myself, "we'll probably lose" and continued with my life.

Woke up this morning and looked at my phone. Still felt annoyed :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Cs are losing too many games, recently, and cannot just be a focus or injuries issue.

massi83

Cs are losing too many games, recently, and cannot just be a focus or injuries issue.
Mazzulla seems pretty clueless and thinks he gets a reward for every non-used timeout. Hardy is much better coach.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Drifted away from the NBA after the Jordan era, but this kid intrigues me. How well will his talents transfer to the NBA & who in the NBA has had such a skill set for a big man?

ZDwyr

Drifted away from the NBA after the Jordan era, but this kid intrigues me. How well will his talents transfer to the NBA & who in the NBA has had such a skill set for a big man?

I would say injuries are the only thing that could stop him from being a perennial all-NBA guy. That's probably his baseline outcome. Easily the best prospect since LeBron, with some people saying he is the better prospect.

SinNombre

Kerr finally sits out Poole in the 4th and close out comfortably. DDV and Kuminga are much better options in the clutch than JP.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Kerr finally sits out Poole in the 4th and close out comfortably. DDV and Kuminga are much better options in the clutch than JP.
Poole's problem is that he thinks he's "the man" on this team (or no worse than the number 2 guy). That day may come, but it is not today.

Kuminga's 3s in the 3rd really broke the back of the Raptors. They got it close a couple of times down the stretch but those 3s were a real turning point.. Another solid win.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I would say injuries are the only thing that could stop him from being a perennial all-NBA guy. That's probably his baseline outcome. Easily the best prospect since LeBron, with some people saying he is the better prospect.
That’s quite lofty praise & prognostication. He does seem quite the freak.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He’s a mouth watering prospect that should contribute to NBA team from the get go. Whoever gets him will be very lucky.

Kaush949

Giannis, Dirk come to mind.

But this guy seems to be on another level!

Europe, bringing them freaks!

ExoduS

No Nuggets or 76s fans ? What a pathetic finish to 3rd quarter by Denver. Amateur level stuff.

Embid on fire.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Embiid absolutely destroying at the moment. Something like 10 consecutive points I think and 76ers up by 5.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Lakers look like a proper team, when they play nba players instead of westbrook. Honestly he should not get more than 10 minutes per game.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
fecks sake so many calls in favor of the cheltics. Robbery in Boston and we go to overtime.

Ladron de redcafe

Embiid with another big game, this time in a head to head with Jokic who flirted with a triple double, but was nowhere near as dominant offensively or on the boards as Embiid was.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Eventhough I'm not a fan of the Lakers, if they are fully fit with AD, Lebron and Westbrook then they are definitely in with a chance to go to the finals. Same with the Clippers with Kawai and PG. These are elite players who can win games individually in the playoffs.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Eventhough I'm not a fan of the Lakers, if they are fully fit with AD, Lebron and Westbrook then they are definitely in with a chance to go to the finals. Same with the Clippers with Kawai and PG. These are elite players who can win games individually in the playoffs.
Nah, they can’t win 4 series of 7 seven games on their own… even peak Lebron needed a proper supporting cast and these Lakers are really bad, apart of AD and sixth man RW.

Zen

I seem to see a lot of blind faith in the Lakers in this thread when AD returns..... it's simply not a superteam big 2/3 league at the moment, they misread the situation when they traded away their depth. LeBron's still utterly immense no doubt about that, but it's in a team with no depth, in a time when depth is key, and there's an absolute explosion of talent in the league.

SinNombre

The NBA in recent years really want Lebron and Steph to fall off, which is quite ironical since they still get the most eyeballs.

Both of them are constantly getting hacked now with no calls.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Nah, they can’t win 4 series of 7 seven games on their own… even peak Lebron needed a proper supporting cast and these Lakers are really bad, apart of AD and sixth man RW.
Looking at their performanes when AD was fit, I think they can win 4 games against any team in the west. Lebron is also getting better and better with the season so if AD can stay fit then they can make a really good run.

Obviously the big IF is AD's fitness. If he isn't fully fit then they won't win a series.

Sarni

Looking at their performanes when AD was fit, I think they can win 4 games against any team in the west. Lebron is also getting better and better with the season so if AD can stay fit then they can make a really good run.

Obviously the big IF is AD's fitness. If he isn't fully fit then they won't win a series.
No they can’t. They weren’t even .500 when AD went out and went 2-10 to start the season with both him and LeBron playing in most games. Those mythical ‘they were so amazing when AD was healthy’ games did not exist in real life with this badly constructed roster. Nuggets, Warriors or even Grizzlies will annihilate them if they even make it to the playoffs.

Last edited:

Sarni

Another horrible loss to a mediocre team for my Blazers last night and it does not look like we have any way to get better. We will have to trade Hart before deadline as there is no point re-signing him and he will definitely opt out from his $13million player option in June. We likely won’t get much more than a second round pick though.

We have offered $112m / 4 years extension to Grant but it doesn’t look like he will accept it as he will fancy his chances to get full max in the Summer which I am sure Portland will offer.

There aren’t any real avenues for this team to get much better but unfortunately delusion from the fan base seems to be high as majority seem to think we have to do everything to allow Dame to win the championship which naturally will never happen with him as the best player on the team. If we somehow get lucky in the draft and acquire a player that quickly develops into an All-Star caliber player then maybe there will still be a chance for him but nobody is patient enough to wait for that. I have even seen fans claiming they would happily trade no. 1 pick in the next draft for Siakam, or trade Sharpe, Simons and two unprotected firsts for Anunoby, such is the level of delusion.

Well at least we will keep our pick so we can trade for 1 year of OG Anunoby.

Ladron de redcafe

No they can’t. They weren’t even .500 when AD went out and went 2-10 to start the season with both him and LeBron playing in most games. Those mythical ‘they were so amazing when AD was healthy’ games did not exist in real life with this badly constructed roster. Nuggets, Warriors or even Grizzlies will annihilate them if they even make it to the playoffs.
Yeah I can't see them hanging with Memphis or Golden State but I might be wrong. I think their perimeter defense isn't their strong suit and they'll have trouble with the wings there. Not sure how I feel about the Denver matcup. If Davis can somewhat neutralize Jokic, anything is possible.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Refs union released a statement saying sorry about cheating the Lakers recently. Feck em

Sarni

Yeah I can't see them hanging with Memphis or Golden State but I might be wrong. I think their perimeter defense isn't their strong suit and they'll have trouble with the wings there. Not sure how I feel about the Denver matcup. If Davis can somewhat neutralize Jokic, anything is possible.
Yeah AD v Jokic would be crucial but even outside of that Nuggets should have enough scoring from the others. The issue with slowing down Jokic is you may stop him from scoring 30+ a game but his passing is good enough for him to distribute the scoring to others.

Baneofthegame

Refs union released a statement saying sorry about cheating the Lakers recently. Feck em
Yeah, not sure I've seen a more blatant foul recently and all we get is a "oh well sorry", not even a 50/50 that you let slide at the end of a game, a blatant foul.

Zen

Are they going to apologise for robbing the Celtics of the title in 2010 while we're at it?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win, but the Dubs do like to make it interesting, tense, nail biting (take your pick). Up by 21 at one point in the second half and then down to 2. But a win is a win, especially on the road.

Last edited:

SinNombre

TBH if the Clippers keep Kawhi healthy for the playoffs and them and the Warriors finish 3rd/4th in some order, I would expect those two teams to be the WCF.

Steph got us the win today though again almost let OKC come back from 22 points down.

Kaush949

Klay Thompson is hitting fine form and keeping consistency. Nice to see that he could prove doubters wrong.

Edit: Spoke too soon. 2-12, rough game vs wolves.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Another loss down the stretch. A double digit lead blown again.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The current team lacks heart and belief. Every time we go down by double digits we seem to just give up.

CP3 is a liability now.