NBA 2022-2023

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Perk is the same as he has always been and is himself. Stephen A and Skip are actors. Perk is just a big country boy who keeps it a hundred. He also won championship and has been at the highest level
He's also a massive Celtics homer and found any and every way to validate why he was picking the Celtics over the Warriors.

SinNombre

Yep, gonna lose most of those guys.
Not losing most of them.

Likes of GP2 and Looney understand that they are in a good place which is not easily replicated and the Warriors FO is loyal.

edcunited1878

John Wall reportedly joining the Clippers once he's bought out to become a free agent. That's wild. Can't see how those 3 backcourt players stay healthy and share the rock with any visible rhythm.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Expected, but still. Shit news.

Charlie Foley

Not losing most of them.

Likes of GP2 and Looney understand that they are in a good place which is not easily replicated and the Warriors FO is loyal.
Reports for Looney staying seem positive from what I’ve seen online. Wiseman is still such an uncertainty. Really hoping we can keep GP2 too. I mean if he goes somewhere else and gets paid…good for him, for sure, but I’d love if he stays at the warriors.

Moby

Dick
he's not random. He was part of their last Championship team
That's like saying Lakers will get motivated if Shaq is going on about them winning. No one cares.

He was just sat there with his neck out on Curry doing nothing when he had given a historic performance a couple of games ago and is rightly getting slammed for it.

Stacks

That's like saying Lakers will get motivated if Shaq is going on about them winning. No one cares.

He was just sat there with his neck out on Curry doing nothing when he had given a historic performance a couple of games ago and is rightly getting slammed for it.
Shaq and them guys on TNT are always trying to motivate the players and set challenges for them. Tatum was doing all the Kobe pictures and stuff. they do care what ex players say. Look at Durant crying all the time. People seem butthurt because he doubted Curry. So what? If anything Curry should get at him

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Great news for Lakers and Benny Hill music usage.
My favorite Russ moment from last year was against the Wolves when he completely missed everything shooting a 3 and KAT pretended to look around like there must have been some massive gust of wind that blew it so far off target.

Priceless!

R'hllor

My favorite Russ moment from last year was against the Wolves when he completely missed everything shooting a 3 and KAT pretended to look around like there must have been some massive gust of wind that blew it so far off target.

Priceless!
Here is a thing, usually wouldnt find so funny whole Westbrick thing or people piling on him but saw his interections from OKC days, man not feeling sorry one bit, he seems one of those who gladly was giving it to others but now when focus is more on him and there is no hidding, he cant take it and use all kinds of shit logic to go full victim mode.

Moby

Dick
Shaq and them guys on TNT are always trying to motivate the players and set challenges for them. Tatum was doing all the Kobe pictures and stuff. they do care what ex players say. Look at Durant crying all the time. People seem butthurt because he doubted Curry. So what? If anything Curry should get at him
Why would anyone be butthurt at him being so tragically wrong about his opinion? The discussion here started when someone started defending this guy when he was rightly getting pelted for spouting nonsense. So if anyone's butthurt its whoever who likes this guy.

Curry already responded to him on the court holding the two trophies few hours after this guy was on about him having no chance of winning.

Stacks

Why would anyone be butthurt at him being so tragically wrong about his opinion? The discussion here started when someone started defending this guy when he was rightly getting pelted for spouting nonsense. So if anyone's butthurt its whoever who likes this guy.

Curry already responded to him on the court holding the two trophies few hours after this guy was on about him having no chance of winning.
Why should someone be pelted for having a prediction that come wrong? Thats part of life. We move on

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol:

have to agree. 00100% Stephen A burner.

I thought this was a good line

I apologize for the small off topic but there is even better. It's a shame that the convo won't be remembered. :lol:

edcunited1878

Why should someone be pelted for having a prediction that come wrong? Thats part of life. We move on
It wasn't a prediction, it was an ignorant and arrogant hype statement that reeked of disrespect. Boston this, Garden that, zero impact this, etc.

Perk just made himself look like a giant arsehole and tit, larger and uglier than his beard.

"Steph Curry is a champion and former MVP. He's going to have a response in Boston, but Boston will be ready. The crowd will be rocking. He will get his, but the Celtics will win Game 6. It's going to be a battle, but Tatum and JB will show up."

You can be assertive and loud and brash, yet be respectful to the opponent. Perk was none of these, except a fool.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Draymond Green needs to STFU. I think after the Dubs won the title there was a lot of emotion from the team primarily Steph (shutting up the haters) and Klay (relief and joy after coming back from injury). I think the majority of people were willing to accept a certain level of pettiness especially from those two but it's now starting to get excessive with Green clapping back at all and sundry and making bold proclamations about what the Dubs are going to do over the next few years.

I know because of the KD years a lot of fans have looked at the Warriors as a sort of "villain of the piece" and rooted against them but I think with all the things that the team has overcome in the last 2-3 years fans were at least starting to appreciate them a little.

Draymond Green is taking away what little goodwill this team has built up.

Draymond STFU!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Knicks are sending Burks and Noel to Pistons to create more cap space to have a go at Brunson. I really don't get how Brunson may actually be expected to earn $30m per year, I mean he's an all right player and could probably be starter point guard at a decent team but he's not a superstar.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I love hating on Westbrook and his 47m contract, he is worth every cents.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Kevin Wildes solution to the Westbrook problem.

Russ' shooting is so bad that he thinks his eyesight is failing and he needs to get lasik. :lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Anyone who bothers with Perkins needs to find better use of their time.

He's a shit player who only made it into the league because he was in an era with very little quality bigs. If he was born 5 years earlier or later, he won't even be on any roster.

R'hllor

Denver can sleep more relaxed, their nerves are spared and life span prolonged by trading Barton away.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I don't think I read a single take in the media, online or in this thread that said Westbrook was a good fit. How does a management team name a decision like that?

Or did they feel that they can't say no to LeBron, had to let him live his dream to play with his buddy?

I wonder if they want LeBron to retire a Laker and become what they lost in Kobe, their ambassador and possible future executive. They paid Kobe ridiculous money at the end of his career to have him retire a Laker, it meant a losing team, as he wasn't as his peak anymore, for several seasons and a delay in rebuilding for that long as well. I can see them keeping LeBron on a max deal until 42 or so, as long as he can score 20 pts a game and be fairly effective, so they can say he was with the team for a longer time, make him more of a Laker.