NBA 2022-2023

ZDwyr

Zion apparently not close to returning following a significant setback. The concerns over his durability only get louder.

SinNombre

If Poole was a horse he'd already be well acquainted with the glue factory.

On the positive side I thought Kuminga did well again.

Overall I'm expecting "Cancun" really early this year assuming they make the playoffs at all.
In the summer, we need to figure out a way to keep DDV. Of the younger lot, would only keep Kuminga and PBJ.

What does Poole at a 31m contract, Moody and a top-20 pick in 2023 get you?

29-year old Siakam wouldn’t be a great haul but probably the most realistic?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
In the summer, we need to figure out a way to keep DDV. Of the younger lot, would only keep Kuminga and PBJ.

What does Poole at a 31m contract, Moody and a top-20 pick in 2023 get you?

29-year old Siakam wouldn’t be a great haul but probably the most realistic?
There's no chance Raptors make that deal. Poole, Moody and that pick may get you someone like John Collins, or slightly better than that, but definitely not an All-Star caliber player. I don't think Poole's stock is going to be incredibly high, at his contract his value is probably mildly above neutral. Moody hasn't really shown much in the league and value of 16-20 pick is limited. It probably wouldn't even get you OG knowing how tightly Masai manages his trades.

I'd like that package to be worth Siakam as that'd mean Portland could get him for Simons and their lottery pick but that won't happen (although I'm certain that offer will be made if Siakam is on the market).

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Seems like HD will never get another ring.

R'hllor

GSW pulling some next level deception with their away play, i refuse to believe that difference between home and away is like that naturally, no way.

SinNombre

GSW pulling some next level deception with their away play, i refuse to believe that difference between home and away is like that naturally, no way.
Kerr keeps playing stupid lineups away, like this 4 guard lineup.

And Steph drags them back to within 4, and off he goes and Poole comes back.

In fairness, we are missing 3/5 best defenders in Wiggins, GP2 and Kuminga. It is a weird season with both Steph and Wiggins missing so many games. And Poole playing a lot !

R'hllor

In fairness, we are missing 3/5 best defenders in Wiggins, GP2 and Kuminga. It is a weird season with both Steph and Wiggins missing so many games. And Poole playing a lot !
Yea might be but there is difference between weird and whatever this is, wouldnt be surprised playoffs time, they gonna win first game away in a series with ez, hell even 2nd.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

Over the last few games, Poole "playing" is being generous.

SinNombre

Over the last few games, Poole "playing" is being generous.
Poole will be a 25ppg starter for a tanking team, he is far from being a 3rd option for a team with championship aspirations and his usage is too high and inefficient for that, and attitude and effort is terrible when he doesn’t start.

SinNombre

Worst thing is not passing to Steph when he is shooting at 50% from 3.

Letting Steph make less than 20 attempts when he is cooking is criminal.

ZDwyr

Poole seems kinda...terrible this season. Is it mainly his defense? He still seems to be putting up numbers.

SinNombre

Poole seems kinda...terrible this season. Is it mainly his defense? He still seems to be putting up numbers.
His effort and defense is missing when he is not the starter or the 2nd option.

And a poor 3-shooter outside of one hot month last season. He is still a good scorer but more by driving to the rim and foul baiting.

He will do fine for Orlando or even Raptors if they lose FVV and OG as a scorer.

Sarni

His effort and defense is missing when he is not the starter or the 2nd option.

And a poor 3-shooter outside of one hot month last season. He is still a good scorer but more by driving to the rim and foul baiting.

He will do fine for Orlando or even Raptors if they lose FVV and OG as a scorer.
Similar to Simons, though I actually am inclined to believe Ant is a better player between them two, he seems like a perfect fit as a fun player to plug into a struggling team. He will get you many points, he will cost you many points, he probably won't win you games that frequently but you will be able to entice more players to come into your arena to watch games as it'll be pure fun - though again, I find Simons much more fun to watch too.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m new to basketball, but honestly, watching Steph Curry makes me wonder if the standard in football is actually way lower than it should be. This fella is so metronomic with his accuracy, it makes the greats of football look so wayward by comparison.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I’m new to basketball, but honestly, watching Steph Curry makes me wonder if the standard in football is actually way lower than it should be. This fella is so metronomic with his accuracy, it makes the greats of football look so wayward by comparison.
Steph is a top ten all time great. You shouldn't judge based on him. Watch his brother to see the average level of an NBA player.

Lakers with a great run to pull ahead of the raptors after a trash third quarter. Reeves and Russell balling.

R'hllor

Whats the Bucks record without Giannis, they look like a fecking machine regardless.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Just checked the box score. Steph scored 20 in the last 6:51 of the game.

He really is unstoppable when he gets on a roll

SinNombre

Just checked the box score. Steph scored 20 in the last 6:51 of the game.

He really is unstoppable when he gets on a roll
Helps that Poole sat out most of it.

The rest of that lineup with Klay, Draymond, Looney and DDV know to feed Steph when he is cooking which is often.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Bucks for the ring… you heard it here on Mar 12! :p

ExoduS

Denver went 20+ games with winning when Jokic has a triple double and now they lost 2 in a row. Something is rotten in Denver all of a sudden. That BS stat padding, racist MVP voting BS derailed this team completely .

SinNombre

Denver went 20+ games with winning when Jokic has a triple double and now they lost 2 in a row. Something is rotten in Denver all of a sudden. That BS stat padding, racist MVP voting BS derailed this team completely .
:lol:

R'hllor

Only thing that derails Denver is Malone with his decisions, staggering Murray, bench has no idea what they are etc. Murray all over the place doing some weird shit, seems his knee acting up, as a result of stagger and him doing weird shit on court. Others need a bit of rest but they cant get it, due bench being clueless.

The noise around stat padding nonsense and dragging Jokic into US racial conflict, should derail only him, if it bothers him. Guess only thing that would bother him, is media questions his integrity of how he sees basketball or how it should be played as a team game.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Those Perkins comments were beyond stupid and rightfully called out by JJ Reddick. I don't think Jokic is impacted by that even in the slightest, that's just outside noise for him. While I still have him as MVP frontrunner, Giannis has been closing the gap imo - it's more of a 1a and 1b kind of thing right now.

Just imagine if Jokic wins a third one in a row and also wins a ring this season, we'd need to be having him instantly in the conversation for top-15 of all time. Same for Giannis if he wins a second ring in Milwaukee, hard not to have him up there if he pulls it off for me.

Something is off though with the Nuggets for me, even despite their record I don't 100% fully trust them to go all the way. Can't see them winning 4 out of 7 against the Suns with Durant healthy, and I also have more faith in the Warriors' championship pedigree even if they're a bit lower in the West right now due to circumstances.

Lakers could've been 1 game out of the #6 seed right now if not for their loss against the Knicks last night :( Costly loss, now we're not even in the play-in spots :lol: Crazy how tight it is in the West for those places, race is definitely heating up at the moment.

Sarni

Beautiful loss to Pelicans last night, just so casual and pointless performance in a crucial play-in decider. We now have the sixth worst record in the league, trailing only Spurs and Rockets in West and Pistons, Hornets and Magic in the East. Magic are the one I feel we can touch but we need to really focus to not be overtaken by any of Pacers, Bulls or Wizards, and I expect that we will also need to be watching the Jazz.

ZDwyr

Beautiful loss to Pelicans last night, just so casual and pointless performance in a crucial play-in decider. We now have the sixth worst record in the league, trailing only Spurs and Rockets in West and Pistons, Hornets and Magic in the East. Magic are the one I feel we can touch but we need to really focus to not be overtaken by any of Pacers, Bulls or Wizards, and I expect that we will also need to be watching the Jazz.
I hope you guys get some lottery luck because the team is going nowhere without it.

Sarni

I hope you guys get some lottery luck because the team is going nowhere without it.
Thanks. Yeah no. 1 or no. 2, anything other will not really be much help in the short term whereas I can see Wembenyama and Scoot hitting the ground running. Scoot would somewhat overlap with Dame but it does not matter as his timeline would be completely different. Just hope we don't trade the pick.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Would love to see the Blazers get the pick over one of the tankers. The Rockets deserve nothing.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Also, this is far from an interesting opinion, but Joel Embiid is surely playing the best ball of his career by a mile? I don't know if it's fitness, the great work that Harden's doing for him, or what, but I think he's reached a new level this season.

They won't be the favourites, but if the the 76ers get the 2nd seed and home court advantage, I think they could beat the Celtics in the second round. They then have a surprisingly decent record vs. the Bucks.

ExoduS

I think a week ago Jokic was clear front runner for MVP, but now Embid and Giannis are right there.

We shall see. Jokic will play against both of them at home this month so those games will decide who wins it. My bigger concern is Denver's form. Murray and Gordon do not look well health wise. Reggie Jackson and Thomas Bryant on paper were decent additions but in reality they are proving to be a disaster.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It's amazing that there's so much discussion amongst player association and teams about freaking individual awards that have nothing to do with the title. It's noticable that players who come from Europe don't care as much for these awards as American players. It seems individual recognition, even within a team sport, is ingrained in their players from a young age through media.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's amazing that there's so much discussion amongst player association and teams about freaking individual awards that have nothing to do with the title. It's noticable that players who come from Europe don't care as much for these awards as American players. It seems individual recognition, even within a team sport, is ingrained in their players from a young age through media.
It affects their contract, so of course the players care about the award.

SinNombre

It is also ingrained in their contracts.

Steph is the rare (only?) superstar who doesn’t care about with his half court heaves, whereas everyone else waits for the time to run out before releasing the ball.

Didn’t Lebron come back limping to keep his 10 point streak going?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Those Perkins comments were beyond stupid and rightfully called out by JJ Reddick. I don't think Jokic is impacted by that even in the slightest, that's just outside noise for him. While I still have him as MVP frontrunner, Giannis has been closing the gap imo - it's more of a 1a and 1b kind of thing right now.

Just imagine if Jokic wins a third one in a row and also wins a ring this season, we'd need to be having him instantly in the conversation for top-15 of all time. Same for Giannis if he wins a second ring in Milwaukee, hard not to have him up there if he pulls it off for me.

Something is off though with the Nuggets for me, even despite their record I don't 100% fully trust them to go all the way. Can't see them winning 4 out of 7 against the Suns with Durant healthy, and I also have more faith in the Warriors' championship pedigree even if they're a bit lower in the West right now due to circumstances.

Lakers could've been 1 game out of the #6 seed right now if not for their loss against the Knicks last night :( Costly loss, now we're not even in the play-in spots :lol: Crazy how tight it is in the West for those places, race is definitely heating up at the moment.
One more reason why ESPN is a cesspool and why twitter needs to be gotten rid of. Perkins doesn’t need to have his opinions broadcasted. He’s a fecking idiot and anyone who enables his behaviour is one too.