NBA 2022-2023

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The 2021-22 NBA season is history and the Dubs won it all. The draft is tomorrow so the new year begins.

RORY65

That's a very good deal for Portland, there was talk on here of them giving up the 7th pick which would have been madness but that's a not a lot give up particularly given that as long as Giannis is healthy that pick will be late in the first round.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wow, good deal this. I can’t believe we did not get fleeced there. Also this should probably put the rumors about 7th to Atlanta for Collins and 16th pick as Collins and Grant won’t work.

This now turns CJ deal into Grant and Hart which is not bad at all!

entropy

Wow, good deal this. I can’t believe we did not get fleeced there. Also this should probably put the rumors about 7th to Atlanta for Collins and 16th pick as Collins and Grant won’t work.

This now turns CJ deal into Grant and Hart which is not bad at all!
what do you make of the OG rumors? do we stand a chance?

ZDwyr

Good deal for Portland. If they can still trade #7 and get another good player then the roster looks pretty solid.

Sarni

what do you make of the OG rumors? do we stand a chance?
Well the decision is really Toronto’s. I am sure we want him and I am sure 7th pick will be in the offer, and I also reckon it is a fair deal for both sides. At the same time I expect Masai to want more, and maybe much more too and I’m not super thrilled about offer Simons or Little, or even including Hart in the deal. It should be just Bledsoe’s non-guaranteed and 7th pick, throw in a couple of seconds if they want it and that’s all (hope that works financially as trade exception cannot be used anymore).

Must admit the idea of having both OG and Grant out there as our wings is quite cool… it’s like going back to Harkless and Aminu days except with players who are ten times better on offense.

I am fine either way though now that my fear of overpaying and trading 7th pick for Grant is now gone. Whether we keep it and draft Sharpe/Daniels which seems to be the most frequent speculation or trade it for Anunoby is fine. The deal I probably like the most now is 12th and Dort for 7th, then get AJ Griffin, Dieng or Sochan as a project at 12th. Maybe even try to get one or two of the future OKC second rounders as a compensation.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder what we can get for Eric Gordon.

Sixers are apparently offering the 23rd pick in this year's draft. I'd prefer a future FRP as we already have 3 FRP this year, but if that's all that's on offer, I can see Stone taking that deal. Phoenix interested too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Might try and get back into this.

I'm no expert at all but I lived in Toronto the season the Raptors won it. Was amazing being part of it and I enjoyed the games despite not knowing too much tactically.

Aren't they always on about 1/2am Uk time though?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Might try and get back into this.

I'm no expert at all but I lived in Toronto the season the Raptors won it. Was amazing being part of it and I enjoyed the games despite not knowing too much tactically.

Aren't they always on about 1/2am Uk time though?
During the week, yes. On Saturday and especially Sunday there are often early games at around 5pm/7pm/9pm UK time. However, conference finals and finals are exclusively at 1am/2am so that's a bit shit.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Nba draft stuff is so funny. Banchero went from 20/1 to fav to be top pick in 2 days. Woj has just tweeted that he will probably be pick 3 and now bookies have closed betting on it

entropy

Well the decision is really Toronto’s. I am sure we want him and I am sure 7th pick will be in the offer, and I also reckon it is a fair deal for both sides. At the same time I expect Masai to want more, and maybe much more too and I’m not super thrilled about offer Simons or Little, or even including Hart in the deal. It should be just Bledsoe’s non-guaranteed and 7th pick, throw in a couple of seconds if they want it and that’s all (hope that works financially as trade exception cannot be used anymore).

Must admit the idea of having both OG and Grant out there as our wings is quite cool… it’s like going back to Harkless and Aminu days except with players who are ten times better on offense.

I am fine either way though now that my fear of overpaying and trading 7th pick for Grant is now gone. Whether we keep it and draft Sharpe/Daniels which seems to be the most frequent speculation or trade it for Anunoby is fine. The deal I probably like the most now is 12th and Dort for 7th, then get AJ Griffin, Dieng or Sochan as a project at 12th. Maybe even try to get one or two of the future OKC second rounders as a compensation.
I don’t see how raptors part with him. But if Chris Hayes says there is a chance, I am willing to believe it. Dame seems to be impressed by Sharpe. I hope we land him and develop him if we can’t make a deal with OKC.

Sarni

I don’t see how raptors part with him. But if Chris Hayes says there is a chance, I am willing to believe it. Dame seems to be impressed by Sharpe. I hope we land him and develop him if we can’t make a deal with OKC.
I don’t mind taking a shot at a high risk, high reward type of player which Sharpe seems to be. He didn’t even play in college so obviously it’s hard to say where he is development wise, Hardy was a top prospect before G-League and he will be late first round pick now and the history has seen more players drop their stock significantly while in NCAA.

Last nights trade really did provide me with a lot of comfort ahead of draft. I am maybe mildly afraid they will trade the pick for John Collins but I doubt it.

Last edited:

R'hllor

Those suits holy shit :lol:

Edit: The hell is this cringe fest, what was that by Chat or Chet or w.e his name is.

Sarni

Seems like both Durant and Kyrie will be leaving now. My bet is on Irving taking a mid level exception with Lakers and Durant forcing a trade to Heat.

ZDwyr

I still think this is KD just pressuring the Nets so they pay Kyrie. But then again, who knows what will actually happen when Irving is involved.

Sarni

Wow, Banchero. I was sure it was going to be Jabari. OKC have a real decision to make now.

I am watching it on NBA TV, hope Woj does not reveal every luck 5 minutes before it’s made. I play to watch until Blazers pick only anyway.

Sarni

Didn’t Banchero skip his Magic workout?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Damn, OKC better take Chet now. I want Jabari Smith.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Chet is so thin he makes Shawn Bradley look like a tank. He's gonna need to beef up a few pounds.

These suits and those stupid fecking medallions around their necks, cringe.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Let’s go! I’m a happy man. We’re in a good spot now with Green and Smith.

ZDwyr

Very happy with Chet. He was the one I wanted all along.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ivey is a great fit for the Pistons next to Cunningham.

Sarni

Shaedon Sharpe, lovely. High upside pick. Could be bad, could be mega awesome if he works out. Exactly what I wanted.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I miss the days when I knew more about college players coming up, still enjoy the draft, though. San Antonio with an unexpected pick as usual.

ZDwyr

Underwhelming picks at 11 and 12 for OKC but we'll see what happens.