NBA Draft - Round 1 - Moby vs. Šjor Bepo

With players in their peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

TEAM MOBY

Subs:

Tony Parker
Dominique Wilkins
Pete Maravich​

TEAM ŠJOR BEPO

Tactics

PG - Walt Fraizer*
Floor general of the New York Knicks in the 70s, the franchise's only two championships. Top perimeter defender(7 times All-Defensive Team) and a great playmaker. Will be my 1 of the two that will play the whole game, His average playoff game time is 42,5 minutes per game and thats taking into account his first playoff series where he played just under 30 minutes.

SG - Klay Thompson
Key player to one of the best teams to ever play the game. GOAT shooter, great defender, wont dwell much on the ball which pretty much makes him a ideal partner in crime to almost any elite tier player.

SF - Grant Hill
One of those "what if..." players....was on his route to a truly elite player but he never recovered after a bad ankle injury sadly. Still, his "route" was spectacular where he was one of the best and most complete players in the league.

PF - Kevin McHale
Absolute genius!
Great defender but what made him a player that he was(easily top 3 PFs of all time) was his spectacular arsenal under the other basket. Can bully you physically, can outsmart you with his movement and tricks or will just take a shoot from distance - he had it all.

C - Hakeem Olajuwoon*
In my opinion, best center in history of the game. Pretty much everything i said about McHale applies here with only addition that he was an absolute GOAT under both rims. He is the second player of the two that will play the whole game. His average playoff game time is just under 40 minutes but thats because of end of his career where he was still reaching playoffs but at his peak he was around 43 minutes on average.

Subs
Toni Kukoc
Part of the second Bulls three peat. Great mentality and a proven bench player and was often a third overall scorer of the team even though he was a sub. Kukoc was the 4th and is currently the last player to win the NBA Sixth Man of the Year Award and the NBA title in the same year having joined his teammates Kevin McHale and Bobby Jones alongside Bill Walton.

Robert Horry
Born winner, 7 rings on his name. He is one of only two players (the other is John Salley) to have won NBA championships with three teams. He earned the nickname Big Shot Rob because of his clutch shooting in important games; he is widely considered to be one of the great clutch performers and winners in NBA history.

Bobby Jones
One of the most admired defenders ever to wear an NBA uniform; he was also considered one of the most virtuous. While most other players depended on the occasional thrown elbow, hip-check, or grab of the uniform to gain an advantage, Jones relied on hustle and determination. It was Jones’ stellar defense along with his other specialties such as leadership, that made him a standout sixth man. Opposing teams could ill afford to relax on defense when Jones came off the bench, and they also had to work a lot harder on offense to get the ball in or even near the basket.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Nice team by moby other then the subs(all 3 starters, some like Wilkins absolute starts of their teams as well), only thing id change in that starting 5 is a more physical and dominant center.

In those two alleys i see advantages for my team as well as having a great defensive setup for SF Lebron who was pretty much a brute force and would just steam roll over opponents in his drive to the basket yet there he will face 3 elite tier defenders in McHale, Hakeem and Jones.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Moby paired Lebron brilliantly with Payton and Nowitzki. Payton is exactly the kind of PG that Lebron needs while Nowitzki will drain those shots all day. Not sure about Gervin though, from what I know he was more about attacking the basket then shooting. His 3-point percentage during his whole career is comfortably less than 30%. A more dominating center would also be better considering there is Hakeem on the other side.

As for Bepo, I would maybe like a more assisting, traditional PG there. Fraizer was the complete package, but you wouldn't call him pass first, attack second kind of player. Tbf the whole team can pass, so it isn't really a big issue and Fraizer was a good team player with a good balance in his game. Fraizer/Payton would be a bloodbath to watch btw.

C - Hakeem Olajuwoon*
In my opinion, best center in history of the game.
Yeah, no.

This is very hard to judge. It comes down to reserves and I really don't know how to judge it considering the rules.

Moby

Dick
Moby paired Lebron brilliantly with Payton and Nowitzki. Payton is exactly the kind of PG that Lebron needs while Nowitzki will drain those shots all day.
Yeah that was pretty much the thought there. I don't need a heavily creative pass first point guard or someone who would dominate heavily on the ball with Lebron, who himself is one of the greatest passers the game has seen. Having one of the greatest PGs ever in The Glove gives me that lockdown ability in the backcourt to take out the opposition PG, while Bron can shut down the wing on defense.

As for your point on shooting, there's Pistol Pete who'd be having good enough game time off the bench and should slot in alongside Bron seamlessly.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
regarding Hakeem, IMO from 90s onwards he is the best...obviously there are guys like Russell, Wilt and co. but for me its impossible to judge them, they can realistically be worse then Hakeem or even better then MJ, its pure guess work from our end as the only certain thing about them is that they were great, but how much that is the big question.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Haha nice graphic Sjor, template looks familiar ;)

Going to have to go Sjor based on the bench rule and unhappy Human Highlight Reel

Baneofthegame

Actually think Sjors team got slept on, he dominates the frontcourt and had a respectable backcourt line up to combat LBJ.

Walt Frazier put up some huge numbers when it mattered and Grant Hill in his prime averaged a triple double nearly.