NBC - Possibly one of the best coverages of football?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A week or two ago, I seem to recall the two Robbies getting underneath each other's skin. Maybe Mustoe was the one initiating the winding up rather than Martino?
Its definitely Mustoe who was the instigator, but Martino was a great foil to push back. I'd like to see them bring in someone new as the third guy - maybe Le Saux or the like.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
FFS - Dazn has premier league rights for 2019.

I think this might be the end of NBC or any other type of coverage. I think Canadian coverage will only be from DAZN for the PL just like the CL is.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
He would fit in really well at Wolves. No big club is going to build around him, and I think that's what he need. A team like Wolves could do that and with all the tugas there he would thrive.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
FFS - Dazn has premier league rights for 2019.

I think this might be the end of NBC or any other type of coverage. I think Canadian coverage will only be from DAZN for the PL just like the CL is.
Is this confirmed?

NBC and the Canadian TSN and Sportnet have all done a great job. You can argue better than the english counterparts!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He would fit in really well at Wolves. No big club is going to build around him, and I think that's what he need. A team like Wolves could do that and with all the tugas there he would thrive.
NBC coverage?

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
No more NBC coverage?
I don't know how it works for you US folks but for us in Canada, DAZN has taken over all PL rights.

Is this confirmed?

NBC and the Canadian TSN and Sportnet have all done a great job. You can argue better than the english counterparts!
DAZN is confirmed 100% for us Canucks. TSN and Sportsnet no longer have the rights for EPL for the next 3 seasons. We got royally fecked.

I got an android box so I can still get US and UK channels but it still means our choices are limited.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't know how it works for you US folks but for us in Canada, DAZN has taken over all PL rights.

DAZN is confirmed 100% for us Canucks. TSN and Sportsnet no longer have the rights for EPL for the next 3 seasons. We got royally fecked.

I got an android box so I can still get US and UK channels but it still means our choices are limited.
Ah ok, thanks

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Wtf is DAZN? Never heard of it. Hope it stays with NBCSN in the US. We really have been lucky to get their coverage.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pretty sure us in the US will have NBC still.

IIRC, I remember them extending their deal a year ago or so.

Their coverage has been great overall.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
They release decent-quality, partially spoiler-free, 10-min highlights on youtube less than a day after the game, its nice.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I hope to Christ Dazn doesn’t ever get the rights in the US. I hate having to subscribe to a million different services, and then load them onto my TV, or use one of those stupid TV sticks. I just want everything through my damn cable box, or the built in apps. Preferably through my cable box so I skip between channels.

I briefly subscribed to Bein this season but ended up cancelling because I don’t want to sit around watching games on my computer. It’s shite. If I was illegally streaming, I get it; but I pay for my content because I wanted it in the best quality and most convenience. But if I can’t get it at the click of a button through my TV, then frankly I’m not interested. The market is becoming so fragmented. I hate it.

baskinginthesun

I've had every game so far bar 3.

The other 3 were on NBC sports extra, but you have to pay for that. It used to be free, but NBC realized they could charge money and people would pay.
I wish they would stopping messing around with NBC Gold. Why not just go all in and put all the games on that platform, charge $80-$100/season, then they can see their profits soar. They can still keep their NBC Coverage as well for the people than cannot cut the cord.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They release decent-quality, partially spoiler-free, 10-min highlights on youtube less than a day after the game, its nice.
Not even a day just a couple of Hours. They do a fantastic job.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Anyone gonna watch "The Impossible Dream"? It's a documentary about our 1999 treble season that's airing right now on NBCSN. Not sure if it's gonna cheer me up or be depressing as a reminder of how far we've fallen.

Eric7C

Anyone gonna watch "The Impossible Dream"? It's a documentary about our 1999 treble season on NBCSN. Not sure if it's gonna cheer me up or be depressing as a reminder of how far we've fallen.
I feel like I am gaining a greater understanding of Liverpool fans' view on life lately.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
So what's this about NBC and Sky being one now? I thought they kind of were already. What does this mean for watching games going forward? Hopefully less of the Robbies and that quiff-headed big tie cnut.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
As a regular NBC consumer, I don't understand why people like it. They charge extra for some of the big names which is absolutely stupid because now I have to pay on top of my current subscription. Their analysis/commentators are pretty poor throwing old cliches all the time. The actual quality of coverage and the gameweek itself is pretty decent.

criticalanalysis

As a regular NBC consumer, I don't understand why people like it. They charge extra for some of the big names which is absolutely stupid because now I have to pay on top of my current subscription. Their analysis/commentators are pretty poor throwing old cliches all the time. The actual quality of coverage and the gameweek itself is pretty decent.
Cost aside, when I watch one of their coverages, NBC (and just American sports coverage in general) actually take games seriously and do research.

It's refreshing to hear commentators and pundits actually talk about the team and opposition players, not just the star names and big stories. Compared to BT and Sky, where it's just a personality with very broad views and one note narratives.

The preparation of the pundits and commentator is more professional and that alone makes it better.

It's not ground breaking in-depth stuff but UK coverage is tiresome for some of us.

I think one good way to put it in that you could cut and paste most of the comments and style of coverage from one UK game to another and you wouldn't see much of a difference. Whilst NBC is more focused on the game of two different teams, opposing tactics and personnel etc. It's still very general but at least more of a fresher take.

baskinginthesun

Cost aside, when I watch one of their coverages, NBC (and just American sports coverage in general) actually take games seriously and do research.

It's refreshing to hear commentators and pundits actually talk about the team and opposition players, not just the star names and big stories. Compared to BT and Sky, where it's just a personality with very broad views and one note narratives.

The preparation of the pundits and commentator is more professional and that alone makes it better.

It's not ground breaking in-depth stuff but UK coverage is tiresome for some of us.

I think one good way to put it in that you could cut and paste most of the comments and style of coverage from one UK game to another and you wouldn't see much of a difference. Whilst NBC is more focused on the game of two different teams, opposing tactics and personnel etc. It's still very general but at least more of a fresher take.
The crew at NBC do tend to have good research and quotes to go with the match. Arlo seems to always throw a fact or figure out for Lee and Graeme to discuss in the match which is good when there is a lull or it's a bit of a bore.

I agree the Sky and BT lot can be a bit boring when they drone on about something. It's a bit tedious, especially when they are trying to fill the time.

The NBC in studio crew are quick and too the point quickly because they may only have a 2 or 3 minute window before a break. I think it makes their analysis sharper and more entertaining because of it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So what's this about NBC and Sky being one now? I thought they kind of were already. What does this mean for watching games going forward? Hopefully less of the Robbies and that quiff-headed big tie cnut.
Kyle Martino. He was providing colour commentary to the match today. You described him perfectly, everything from his cnutish quiff, to obnoxious tie, to banal analysis. He’s a cnut.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Yeah the analysis isn't bad if you compare it to sky and all those Monday night punditry shows. I just think in game commentary is a bit annoying sometimes. Arlo and Lee Dixon for some reason annoy me. I'm forgetting the name but there's one American with like a wrinkly forehead who does really good analysis

PieCrust

How many games behind the pay wall this year? I moved outside of the states so I can't buy their package, but they kept putting more and more behind additional fees.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Good coverage again today. Nice to hear Martino talking sense on VAR....

Gazza

Christ, Arlo White has a hard on for Spurs' new stadium. He used the 'in front of the South Stand' for both Spurs goals today and at least twice reminded us that that particular stand holds 17,500 people.

baskinginthesun

How many games behind the pay wall this year? I moved outside of the states so I can't buy their package, but they kept putting more and more behind additional fees.
Two packages this year on Gold. They have the Matchday Pass at $40 and the Prem Pass at $80. The Prem pass gives you all the highlights and replays of matches plus all the content that they do throughout the week and that. The Matchday Pass is just the live games. I think they said 140 matches will be on the package.

I don't think it's too outrageous of a cost if you don't already pay for the NBC Sports channel. If you do, I think it's ridiculous that you have to pay again.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I hear enough about Tom Brady, don't want to hear Harry Kane being asked about him and the Patriots.

Good coverage otherwise. Rebecca Lowe... Where was she prior?

PieCrust

Two packages this year on Gold. They have the Matchday Pass at $40 and the Prem Pass at $80. The Prem pass gives you all the highlights and replays of matches plus all the content that they do throughout the week and that. The Matchday Pass is just the live games. I think they said 140 matches will be on the package.

I don't think it's too outrageous of a cost if you don't already pay for the NBC Sports channel. If you do, I think it's ridiculous that you have to pay again.
I had to upgrade to a sports package to get NBCSN so I probably wouldn't have got it this year if that's the case with all the reliable streaming options around these days.

Phil

I think it's decent enough overall. Not having to watch Souness and Redknapp is a blessing in itself