NBC premier league commentary

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Genuinely want to put them on mute. The worst part is how they act like they are showing insight. One of the guys spent 2 mins explaining how the defender needs to "think on his feet" because that is what top defenders do. How is that insight?

Then talks about how fullbacks must be in their position. Okay captain obvious. Why can't NBC find some proper commentators?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Genuinely want to put them on mute. The worst part is how they act like they are showing insight. One of the guys spent 2 mins explaining how the defender needs to "think on his feet" because that is what top defenders do. How is that insight?

Then talks about how fullbacks must be in their position. Okay captain obvious. Why can't NBC find some proper commentators?
One's Lee Dixon. Who's the other?

Deleted member 101472

Mate, they literally said “ What do OUR centre backs need to do” talking about lovren and Van Dijk.

Deleted member 101472

Oh yeah. What the hell was that?

Sky commentary is leagues better not sure what you're saying.
He’s just a massive Liverpool fan.

At 25 minutes he said “they NEED to get one back before half time” :lol:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Arlo's usually pretty solid.

Stuart Holden on Fox, on the other hand...

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Big discussion about the drop ball from McTominay's head injury and how it's not fair on Liverpool. Same topic didn't come up after Milner's head injury when we were about to attack.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I don't normally mute the TV when football is on but I've made an exception so i can avoid Peter Drury on the world feed on the PL.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is it just me or did they refer to Smalling as a Liverpool player?

djd

Is it just me or did they refer to Smalling as a Liverpool player?
Arlo White did, I'm also pretty sure he said "Rashford the Nigerian scored" after the first goal.

Just have to assume he was jet-lagged after hosting in the US while Rebecca was at the winter Olympics.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
They are bang on. One of the best commentary teams about. I watch all of United's matches on NBCSN because their coverage is miles better than anything else. Arlo, Lee and Graeme have a great dynamic and they talk more sense than most, with a bit of reasonably funny banter thrown in, now and again.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Today was great when they described Lukaku as a flat track bully, and then went on to explain the origins of the term and how it originated as a term in cricket.

Amazing stuff.

Giggs86

Big discussion about the drop ball from McTominay's head injury and how it's not fair on Liverpool. Same topic didn't come up after Milner's head injury when we were about to attack.
I was literally screaming at the TV after McTominay's injury that it was a foul while they kept going about a dropped ball. They literally show the replay of the foul over and over while their brains just refuse to process that information.

I would still prefer NBC over many others, mind.

PieCrust

Overall, NBC does a good job. But yeah, some real asinine comments from time to time. However, FS1 takes the cake in the terrible category.

baskinginthesun

What happened to Mustoe ? And why is that unshaven hipster Martino back on the air ?
Probably back on a rotation schedule now that he is not the USSF (or whatever it was he ran for) Prez. But, I definitely prefer the Two Robbies over him.

I honestly don't think the commentary is that bad. The banter between Dixon and Le Saux is quite good. Often they are putting themselves down or each other in attempt to prove they were shite footballers. It's quite funny. Plus, with the commentary on all other American Sports and they crap they spout; this is quite refreshing.

Vanrouge

They are bang on. One of the best commentary teams about. I watch all of United's matches on NBCSN because their coverage is miles better than anything else. Arlo, Lee and Graeme have a great dynamic and they talk more sense than most, with a bit of reasonably funny banter thrown in, now and again.
Agree one hundred percent with this.

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea

Wheyy! You must have not had the displeasure of encountering a certain Lalas and the merry bunch over at Fox Sports. Feck me now that would make your ears bleed!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
There was a classic moment in the game where one of the commentators was puzzled as to why Klopp didn't swap Lovren and van Dijk around because Lukaku kept targeting Lovren in the aerial duels. Lee Dixon thankfully pointed out the idiocy of this.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
There was a classic moment in the game where one of the commentators was puzzled as to why Klopp didn't swap Lovren and van Dijk around because Lukaku kept targeting Lovren in the aerial duels. Lee Dixon thankfully pointed out the idiocy of this.
genuinely had me doubting myself when that was being discussed :lol::lol::lol:

Red Rom

Arlo White did, I'm also pretty sure he said "Rashford the Nigerian scored" after the first goal.

Just have to assume he was jet-lagged after hosting in the US while Rebecca was at the winter Olympics.
If you go back and watch the goal on the NBC Sports YouTube channel, you can hear he says "Mancunian" and not "Nigerian." But I do think he called Smalling a Liverpool player at one point.

Loublaze

ATLien

If you think NBC is bad then never watch a football game on any of the American FOX sports channels.

Deleted member 101472

Surprised arlo white hasn’t been called out publicly for his “our centre backs” comment yet

It's B Rubble

What happened to Mustoe ? And why is that unshaven hipster Martino back on the air ?
Yes!:lol: Martino looks like the bachelor school teacher that hits on all his students moms and gets consistently shut down.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The stream I was using today for Sky broke so had to use NBC, it was much better. Getting sick of Martin Tyler and his attempts to get another montage finale commentary line in.

Fener1907

Mate, they literally said “ What do OUR centre backs need to do” talking about lovren and Van Dijk.
I thought I misheard when he said that. Definitely heard something that sounded awfully like it.

It's not the greatest commentary. Something semi-quirky happens and you know Dixon has to start up his shite banter like making a joke about how England has never really had a good left back, nudge nudge wink wink, Graeme Le Saux.

Still not half as bad as the Geordie who always covers El Clasico. He's utter shite.

Charles Miller

English speaking commentators in general are low energy. When someone scores they just say: "oh, its a goal".