NCAA College Football 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah I read a story about it this evening.

Apparently a coach heard DJ Greenlee call a player the n-word then got angry and said it to Greenlee and they got into it. They ended up talking after practice and the coach apologized a lot.
It’s a shame about Ross. Hopefully his career isn’t done.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Thoughts on the Mike Gundy stuff?
He’s a bit of a clown and the apology was forced. If Chuba didn’t back down right away he’d be unemployed, because Chuba had the backing of the whole team.

If you want further amusement, check out Doug Gottlieb sticking his foot in his mouth on Twitter...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
An old story from a newspaper popped up about complaints from CU players of Gundy repeatedly using racial slurs towards them. Ruh-roh...

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
An old story from a newspaper popped up about complaints from CU players of Gundy repeatedly using racial slurs towards them. Ruh-roh...
Ah boy.

Speaking of, will there be football come fall? Seems like everyone is proceeding like it will, however Texas, Florida, et al are seeing spikes in cases...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ah boy.

Speaking of, will there be football come fall? Seems like everyone is proceeding like it will, however Texas, Florida, et al are seeing spikes in cases...
I don’t know: college football is probably the most difficult sport to get restarted, maybe by far the most difficult.

One problem is blue states and especially California, if the school/state/city say no events are allowed. So perhaps the SEC and Big12 go full steam ahead and finish their season on time but the Pac12 and Big10 can’t. My best guess is no non-conference games and a season full of interruptions that pushes the playoffs towards the Spring. They should just start in January once we have a better handle on this and have learned from the NFL’s season, in my opinion.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don’t know: college football is probably the most difficult sport to get restarted, maybe by far the most difficult.

One problem is blue states and especially California, if the school/state/city say no events are allowed. So perhaps the SEC and Big12 go full steam ahead and finish their season on time but the Pac12 and Big10 can’t. My best guess is no non-conference games and a season full of interruptions that pushes the playoffs towards the Spring. They should just start in January once we have a better handle on this and have learned from the NFL’s season, in my opinion.
Yeah I like this, fills the void somewhat in February following the Superbowl. Plus imagine the Rose Bowl in actual spring.

We'll most likely suck by then, Saban'll still be going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.