NCAA College Football 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina Red

Staff
A female photographer just got knocked cold on the sideline of the UGA / Auburn game. It happened right in front of the student section and they look absolutely terrified.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That sounds exactly like what happened to Bo. Hip dislocation + wall fracture.
I believe the career ending bit for Bo was due to complications where post injury, blood supply couldn't reach areas around the hip. Tragic end to a possible goat career.

Carolina Red

Staff
I believe the career ending bit for Bo was due to complications where post injury, blood supply couldn't reach areas around the hip. Tragic end to a possible goat career.
Yeah, he had bone death where the fracture occurred, didn't he?

Edit: That's what I'm getting at though with the medical advances. Maybe if Bo had the same injury today, the surgery and blood flow issue would have been corrected before necrosis set in.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah, he had bone death where the fracture occurred, didn't he?
Something like that. Basically the hip injury permanently disrupts blood flow in the hip area. So no matter how successful a hip surgery is, the underlying problem of transporting oxygen and nutrition to the area is permanent, which in the case of a professional athlete like Bo, was more or less a career ender.

Far too early to speculate about whether Tua is in the same category.

Carolina Red

Staff
What was he still doing out there when he was still carrying an injury too. Looks a serious injury unfortunately
Definitely a serious injury.

They wanted him to get a 2 minute drill in before halftime. I mean... it's a normal coaching decision. Even in big blowouts you normally have your starters play through halftime and then usually the 1st drive of the 2nd half before pulling them. That's why in that tweet I posted earlier about leaving starters in, I liked that it pointed out that he wasn't directing what he said at Saban specifically, just that in similar situations, starters could get injured later in the game in blowouts than the 1st series of the 2nd half due to "style points".

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’s all hotting up now after what had been a lousy day. Auburn is making a game of it, 2 good BigXII finishes, and Minnesota losing.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Turns out we were a one-man team. But that man was CeeDee Lamb.
What a performance in the 2nd half.

I wanted OU to win after watching that segment with the autism child that was being bullied. Love it when sports has an impact like that on people.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Iowa State just knocked off Texas with a time expiring FG
Mack ran that program into the ground, and there are too many (alumni, booster, political) hands in the cookie jar. I'm beyond thinking they'll ever get back to national title relevance. Damn shame as Texas is one of the most storied programs around and with the facilities and cash on hand they should be in contention annually.

Carolina Red

Staff
Mack ran that program into the ground, and there are too many (alumni, booster, political) hands in the cookie jar. I'm beyond thinking they'll ever get back to national title relevance. Damn shame as Texas is one of the most storied programs around and with the facilities and cash on hand they should be in contention annually.
Yep. What’s happened to them is similar to FSU in the recruiting department as well. As they stagnated, other in state programs were on the rise and snagged recruits that in the past wouldn’t have gone there.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Here's how I would rank the contenders
  1. 13-0 Ohio State
  2. 13-0 LSU
  3. 13-0 Clemson
  4. 12-1 Georgia
  5. 12-1 Penn State
  6. 12-1 Ohio State
  7. 12-1 LSU
  8. 12-1 Minnesota
  9. 12-1 Oklahoma
  10. 12-1 Clemson
  11. 12-1 Oregon
  12. 12-1 Utah
  13. 12-1 Baylor
  14. 11-1 Alabama

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You know as well as I do, he's not saying that.

The system as is has 4 playoff spots and 5 "major" conference championships. Style points matter because there aren't even enough playoff places for all 5 "major" conference champs to be represented, much less the "minor" conferences, which isn't something you can say about any other sport.

Because of the hunt for style points, starters will stay in longer than they otherwise would because a win by 35 might not be viewed as good as a win by 45... then injuries happen in garbage time.
I know what he's saying. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of it all that champions are essentially chosen by vote. Decide it on the field like any other sport.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
If it helps, they were a pretty racist school for a long time and their prior dominance has led to rich stakeholders ruining it. I don't feel sorry for them. As a matter of fact, feck em.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The injury will cost Bama I think. Sadly.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The successor to Ravens TE Andrews and underappreciated recent hero of the OU offensive machine who made that catch vs Texas (1:10 below) is done with football due to concussions. Gives you pause for thought that these guys can suffer serious brain damage and not even get paid...

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The successor to Ravens TE Andrews and underappreciated recent hero of the OU offensive machine who made that catch vs Texas (1:10 below) is done with football due to concussions. Gives you pause for thought that these guys can suffer serious brain damage and not even get paid...

i remember him well. pay the players, death to the ncaa

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
i remember him well. pay the players, death to the ncaa
Absolutely. The NCAA is a glorified cartel.

Hopefully CeeDee's absence isn't due to a concussion that he suffered on the reversed targeting call in the previous game.

Status
Not open for further replies.