Neal Maupay you are a cheat, you are a disgrace, (you're a Brentford loan player) - Professional WUM/wumming over winning

Ole'sattheWheel

So you prefer the same old boring cliche interviews they do?
No I love big characters. Sport needs it.
There's a difference in that you have Emi Martinez with his gamesmanship during penalties, which i really respect and like.
But then there's the sore winner shit, which I think ruins it, like the goading afterwards and the point SER19 was making and the ear cupping.

I don't have an issue with the mindgame stuff as a means to affect performance or whatever, but when it's taken outside of that it just looks really childish and stupid

The Serb

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
I think he’s great. Refreshing to see compared to your usual robot players and more personalities like him are welcome in my opinion. Some absolutely tight arses in here who can’t take the fact he took the piss out of a Utd players. Get a grip.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Doing it to supporters after scoring is a lot different than rubbing it into your fellow professionals faces.
I agree - the supporters in the ground have spent their hard earned money to travel and pay tickets to watch your team play, whereas the opposition player was taunting those supporters. Wait... which one of those is it unacceptable to retaliate and cup your ears to again?

InfiniteBoredom

Doing it to supporters after scoring is a lot different than rubbing it into your fellow professionals faces.
The fellow professional who moments ago wound up your own fans first?

Give over lad, Antony was well within his rights to retaliate. The funny thing is the Coventry players weren’t even upset about it the way you are, because they understand that you don’t get to provoke and then cry foul about someone doing it back to you.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Wasn’t he ear cupping to the Coventry fans? Anyway, nothing to see here. Just move on.
It's mind boggling why our own fans would stop at nothing to put down our players, if it was the other way round would it be talked about this much?

I wonder how today's fans would have reacted to David Beckham going out to fashion week, missing trainings only to turn up on a match day with an awful performance.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You honestly think if he'd have put his hand up, Ten Hag would have went "no, we want our full back taking one instead." The fact he wasnt in the first 5 is shocking.
You do realise that our full back has a good record of taking penalties, if it had been th e other one you might have a valid point, as per full backs taking penalities, Dennis Irwin was a noted penalty taker and so was Phil Neal at Liverpool and they weren't the only ones

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Before Sunday his record was scored 2 and missed 2. How is that a good record?
Better than yours I'm guessing, definitely better than mine

No professional should miss a penalty, but they do and it's mostly down to their mental side, you only had to look at Dalot and see how conident he was to know he wasn't going to miss

InfiniteBoredom

Hell of a defence. Hasnt got the balls to take one, so never missed,
It’s a perfectly normal behaviour to disrupt the penalty taking order in a FAC semi when you haven’t taken one at senior level, ever, that’s just how professional footballers operate.

You are having a mare here mate.

FujiVice

It’s a perfectly normal behaviour to disrupt the penalty taking order in a FAC semi when you haven’t taken one at senior level, ever, that’s just how professional footballers operate.

You are having a mare here mate.
"Having a mare." Dont use 'bantz' deflect from your lack of conviction of your own point. He did nothing when he came on, bottled the responsibility of taking a penalty (which he must have practised all week on the off chance) and then gloated to the opposition while his teams mates were classy enough to shake hands with Coventry players. And yes, Antony is terrible. And this just highlights it.

didz

What if he only cupped one ear? would this be only half as shocking, or doubly as shocking because he hasn't even correctly mastered the ear cupping technique?

I wasn't aware there was ear cupping etiquette.

Tevez used to do it to his own fans cheering him when he scored, and that's the only time I can ever remember being remotely concerned by an ear cup, principally because I was concerned that Tevez might actually be trying to indicate that he was going death.
With its penchant for sweetness over spice, and its arguably excessive use of oil, the Shanghai cuisine can be among the most fattening in China. While rice is usually preferred to the less healthy option of noodles and the sodium content is generally lower than in other parts of the country, when you factor in the sugar and oil content of a standard meal, the risk of coronary problems or other potentially fatal diseases such as diabetes is naturally increased.

Given that £634,000-a-week is an awful lot of money in any part of the world and would certainly go a long way in the buffets of Shanghai, it is entirely possible that Carlos Tevez was indeed going death. Perhaps, on some level, he knew - even while here at United - that his holiday in China would come eventually, and at great risk to his arteries. His ear cupping might have been nothing more than him hearing the faint, phantomly sound of Fuchun Xiaolong calling his name.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that the same thing is now happening to Antony. In fact, I would say that this scenario is a lot more likely than the interpretation that he has willfully committed some cardinal sin by cupping his ears.

InfiniteBoredom

"Having a mare." Dont use 'bantz' deflect from your lack of conviction of your own point. He did nothing when he came on, bottled the responsibility of taking a penalty (which he must have practised all week on the off chance) and then gloated to the opposition while his teams mates were classy enough to shake hands with Coventry players. And yes, Antony is terrible. And this just highlights it.
My point? You are the one throwing a hissy fit when everyone and their dog have been pointing out to you that it’s not normal procedure to disrupt the pre arrangement regarding pen taking order, even Cristiano Ronaldo lost a shootout before he even got to take his penalty.

And feck class, classy behaviour goes both ways, I have no issue with a Utd player giving it back to an opponent player who acted like a cock towards Utd fans first. I can be displeased with Antony for his performances, with the team for bottling a 3-0 lead and still be objective enough to not invent tortuous excuses to have a go at them.

FujiVice

My point? You are the one throwing a hissy fit when everyone and their dog have been pointing out to you that it’s not normal procedure to disrupt the pre arrangement regarding pen taking order, even Cristiano Ronaldo lost a shootout before he even got to take his penalty.
Hissy fit? No. Its a discussion forum. Last time I checked anyway. Nobody is "having a mare" or "throwing a hissy fit."

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Valverde bottled the responsibility of taking a penalty vs City when he must've practiced all week, and instead allowed a CB in Rudiger take a pen before him. Am I doing it right?!

FujiVice

Valverde bottled the responsibility of taking a penalty vs City when he must've practiced all week, and instead allowed a CB in Rudiger take a pen before him. Am I doing it right?!
He literally told the manager he didnt want to take one because he was shattered after putting in a man of the match performance. If there is a case for a player to shug off responsibility, its in that situation.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He literally told the manager he didnt want to take one because he was shattered after putting in a man of the match performance. If there is a case for a player to shug off responsibility, its in that situation.
Bloody coward. He didn't even have the bottle to kick a ball from 12 yards out.

Imagine if the shootout had continued past the first 5 players... what then?! :houllier:

Last edited: