Nearly Caught Out.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
By the fact that Valencia struggles to use his left foot. Only for the fact that Pilkington can't see straight, we would have gone a goal down.

I love everything about Valencia, pace, control his ability to cross a good ball, but by god I wish he would spend a bit of time on the training pitch working on his left peg!!!

That's all...

Sylar

Its truly bizarre even in situations like this he wouldnt even try to use his left foot.

I do hope we get RB sorted out but its been a huuge long term problem where everybody keeps getting injured. We did look better having Jones out there when he probably put the best cross of the match.

wr8_utd

:'(
Need Rafael (who'll probably never get to play anyway) , Smalling and Jones to play there.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I do not understand how a professional football player for Manchester United cannot use his left foot.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know why we didn't pick Rio and play one of our centre backs at right back. Valencia will make these mistakes. He's a midfielder.

Sylar

I do not understand how a professional football player for Manchester United cannot use his left foot.
The funny thing is, I think ive seen him use his left foot like twice for a cross and we've scored both of them. The Rooney one against West Ham last year for the equaliser immediately comes to mind.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yeah, i remember the West Ham game when he used it. I'd love to hear a reason to why he avoids using it at almost all costs.

Ekeke

Had absolutely nothing to do with his ability or confidence in his left foot, and everything to do with Valencia trying to make the right back position more complicated than it needs to be. He's still trying to take extra touches, play more extravigant passes than he needs to and overall trying to do too much himself in areas where he doesnt have to when playing as a right back. This is all completely understandable because he's a winger and all of these things can happen high up the pitch and your team doesnt get punished as much. But if he is picked at right back, he needs to sort this out and change his game to play the position safely. He can try all the extra touches and more complicated when he overlaps in the final third. Never in his own half

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Had absolutely nothing to do with his ability or confidence in his left foot, and everything to do with Valencia trying to make the right back position more complicated than it needs to be. He's still trying to take extra touches, play more extravigant passes than he needs to and overall trying to do too much himself in areas where he doesnt have to when playing as a right back. This is all completely understandable because he's a winger and all of these things can happen high up the pitch and your team doesnt get punished as much. But if he is picked at right back, he needs to sort this out and change his game to play the position safely. He can try all the extra touches and more complicated when he overlaps in the final third. Never in his own half
Pardon me, but that is completely wrong. If he had used his left peg he would have been able to shield the ball from Pilkington.

Ekeke

Pardon me, but that is completely wrong. If he had used his left peg he would have been able to shield the ball from Pilkington.
You dont shield the ball with your foot. If he had a better left foot he'd still have tried an unneccessary turn with his back to the players around him and would still have lost the ball

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
You dont shield the ball with your foot. If he had a better left foot he'd still have tried an unneccessary turn with his back to the players around him and would still have lost the ball
I know you don't shield a ball with your foot, don't be so obnoxious!!! If he would have used his left peg, he would have had a better body position in which to shield the ball instead of tapping it straight into the path of an opposing player!!

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
A hysterically ill-judged thread.

Whenever Valencia does something wrong it's always the one-footedness that is the easy knee jerk thing to blame, that and his predictability.

Ekeke

He'd still have lost the ball. As soon as he turned with his back to the player, he wasnt going to keep the ball regardless of whether he pelted it with his left foot or tried to use the outside of his right. He shouldnt have been trying that in a silly area and as soon as he got himself into a bad position the Norwich player smelt blood and took it off him

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He made a feckin mistake, shit happens.

Yes he is one footed and it is annoying.

Anderson and Giggs are both one footed aswell.

Move on.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
He'd still have lost the ball. As soon as he turned with his back to the player, he wasnt going to keep the ball regardless of whether he pelted it with his left foot or tried to use the outside of his right. He shouldnt have been trying that in a silly area and as soon as he got himself into a bad position the Norwich player smelt blood and took it off him
Utter tosh!!! How can you possibly know he would have lost it???

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
A hysterically ill-judged thread.

Whenever Valencia does something wrong it's always the one-footedness that is the easy knee jerk thing to blame, that and his predictability.
Nothing knee jerk about it, he lost the ball and nearly conceded a goal because of the fact he is so one footed!!

Move on.
But both those two can when needed use the other foot.

Ekeke

Utter tosh!!! How can you possibly know he would have lost it???
Because he turned straight into an opponent. Maybe if he turned the other way, to the right, he could have at least kicked it out for a throw in when he saw his man was right on him. Because he turned to his left and right into the man he couldnt do anything by the time he realised he was losing the ball. The only option he really had then was to make sure he gives away a foul

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Because he turned straight into an opponent. Maybe if he turned the other way, to the right, he could have at least kicked it out for a throw in when he saw his man was right on him. Because he turned to his left and right into the man he couldnt do anything by the time he realised he was losing the ball. The only option he really had then was to make sure he gives away a foul
I take it your line of work is being a fortune teller!!

Siorac

Move on.
Neither of them are as extreme as Valencia in that regard.

Although I agree that one-footedness isn't the issue here; the problem is that he's not a right-back. He's a liability there, saw it against Basel as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do you reckon it might have been because Rio had just started two games in three days and struggled physically in the second one? Just a thought.
:confused:

But I get your point. Looking forward to Vidic and Smalling returning so we can get some continuity in defense.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
That's four days. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. What you mean is that he played three days after the last match. ;)
It's effectively two games within the space of three days (or 74 hours and 15 minutes to be precise).

You can trace Rooney's injury back to the fact that he started the Bolton, Benfica and Chelsea games within the space of eight days on the back of starting twice for England on international duty and yet some people still can't understand why the team gets so heavily rotated.

thebelfastboy

i dont understand why we are persisting with him at right back, its a total waste of his talent as a brilliant winger. He was caught out today and he was caught against Basel, i'f we are short of options for that position why not stick fletcher in there and allow valencia to play the right wing or try him in the middle where he plays for ecuador....

WeasteDevil

By the fact that Valencia struggles to use his left foot. Only for the fact that Pilkington can't see straight, we would have gone a goal down.

I love everything about Valencia, pace, control his ability to cross a good ball, but by god I wish he would spend a bit of time on the training pitch working on his left peg!!!

That's all...
He shouldn't be asked to play as a fullback. That's all!

untitled_6899

Discounting whether he uses his left foot or not, I feel his final ball is often very poor.

At times he can beat a man at ease or find himself in a lot of space and time yet either fails to find a man with his cross, miscalculates the delivery or picks the wrong option. This is definitely a part of his game that he needs to improve.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Discounting whether he uses his left foot or not, I feel his final ball is often very poor.

At times he can beat a man at ease or find himself in a lot of space and time yet either fails to find a man with his cross, miscalculates the delivery or picks the wrong option. This is definitely a part of his game that he needs to improve.
No it's not.

Put simply this lad isn't a full back, and it's very harsh asking him to play a full back role. Put Rafael in his position today, and we'd have been much better.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
definitely got out of jail. I had a pub full of Norwich fans revving up to give me a right battering, so thank god we scraped thru in the end. The last England break came at the wrong time, this was is most welcome. Hopefully we can return to form.... bit of a big game up next !

thebelfastboy

Rivaldo is almost exclusively one-footed as well, never stopped him
i'm not even sure what comparison your trying to make here. rivaldo was employed in a role where he could cause as much damage as possible in forward positions, i'm sure he would probably struggle too if asked to slot in at full back.