NEC vs Ajax | ETH Watch | 15:30 GMT

Flexdegea

The hag loves late winners

Such a miss there while I was writing this :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Hhmmmmm what is going on in this thread??

All jokes aside, I definitely have my concerns over ETH, but we have seen in the past what he is capable of doing. Today wasn't a good performance, but obviously it seems the team and him is distracted with united interest. We will be in danger if ETH doesn't get support. He isn't the type of manager that can get the best out of player with huge ego. We need to just follow Arsenal and bring in young players and players he is familiar with so they can adopt his style. Not sure if that will be enough to get us back to where we should be though

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Looks like the ball bobbled up just before he hit it, to be fair. Still, that was a shocking counter attack. Haller was running through treacle. The defender just gave up, and they still missed.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hhmmmmm what is going on in this thread??

All jokes aside, I definitely have my concerns over ETH, but we have seen in the past what he is capable of doing. Today wasn't a good performance, but obviously it seems the team and him is distracted with united interest. We will be in danger if ETH doesn't get support. He isn't the type of manager that can get the best out of player with huge ego. We need to just follow Arsenal and bring in young players and players he is familiar with so they can adopt his style. Not sure if that will be enough to get us back to where we should be though
You just don't know that, whether he can get the best out of huge ego's.

Amadaeus

You just don't know that, whether he can get the best out of huge ego's.
His has no experience with that, his team compilations dont have that structure of a top club e.g., superstars. He might show that capacity at United, but there is no indication from his past that he can. With regard to the other poster below @No Idea For Nickname , a club like United will always have players with big ego's because of the status of our club.

BlueHaze

Ajax completely dominated, their defence barely had to do anything but they struggled to create almost anything. Too sloppy in the final third but they got away with 3 points luckily.

Idxomer

Good win for Ajax and for Ten Hag, it would be disappointing if he comes after bottling the league.

Drainy

His has no experience with that, his team compilations dont have that structure of a top club e.g., superstars. He might show that capacity at United, but there is no indication from his past that he can. With regard to the other poster below, a club like United will always have players with big ego's because of the status of our club.
How is Poch doing with the big egos?

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
His has no experience with that, his team compilations dont have that structure of a top club e.g., superstars. He might show that capacity at United, but there is no indication from his past that he can. With regard to the other poster below, a club like United will always have players with big ego's because of the status of our club.
Have you not seen Tadic play lately? Bigger ego than that is almost not possible

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His has no experience with that, his team compilations dont have that structure of a top club e.g., superstars. He might show that capacity at United, but there is no indication from his past that he can. With regard to the other poster below @No Idea For Nickname , a club like United will always have players with big ego's because of the status of our club.
So essentially, you don't know. Cheers.

Amadaeus

How is Poch doing with the big egos?
About to walk the league in his first full season and reached the champion league semi finals, amongst the other domestic cup he recieved.. I don't know what poch got to do with this and if I reported you, you would have gotten a warning for changing subject.

Have you not seen Tadic play lately? Bigger ego than that is almost not possible
Compare with what he will see at United? I doubt it.

BlueHaze

My friend apart from CR7 we have absolutely none of them here, not a single one. Only cnuts with high egos who think they are and hopefully Erik has the balls to kick them out asap.

Drainy

I don't know what poch got to do with this and if I reported you, you would have gotten a warning for changing subject.
Feel free to report me. Let everyone see your true colours.

Either way it looks like Ten Hag is about to win his third league, would have been 4 if not for covid. Great late winner in an edgy game in the title run in is pretty Textbook for a winning team.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Who are these superstars you’re talking about? I can only name Ronaldo. Besides Ronaldo, Fred, Sancho and de Gea I wouldn’t want any of your players in our team.

Eth will do great at UTD. Give him time. You will see fluid and beautiful football.
He’s a great coach with a plan and knows how to make a winning team. If some of these ‘ego’s’ cant get along with him he will dump them for the better of the team.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax completely dominated, their defence barely had to do anything but they struggled to create almost anything. Too sloppy in the final third but they got away with 3 points luckily.
Wot, they were fecking shite :lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very happy they won.

Don't want us distracting ETH and the Ajax team.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Who are these superstars you’re talking about? I can only name Ronaldo. Besides Ronaldo, Fred, Sancho and de Gea I wouldn’t want any of your players in our team.

Eth will do great at UTD. Give him time. You will see fluid and beautiful football.
He’s a great coach with a plan and knows how to make a winning team. If some of these ‘ego’s’ cant get along with him he will dump them for the better of the team.
Amadeus is a slight fan of Poch.

and when I say slight, I mean HUGE.

Abraxas

How on earth were NEC the better side, Ajax had domination of every metric you want to look at. Typical underdog goggles on.

Blood Mage

Ajax have been crap since Ten Hag was linked with United. It's a definite curse at this point. Or we've just unsettled them which is more likely.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
No shit Sherlock..
I know we have egos, inflated egos, but that is not what my post is about. I know, everybody knows you are butt hurt about Poch not getting the job, so you have to polute every freaking thread on Caf with you salty little tears, in this case telling everybody Erik "isn't the type of manager that can get the best out of player with huge ego". Because you know him so well, right?
Bet if your son Poch got the job, he would have no problems getting best out of our players egos. Riiiiight.

Please leave other threads free of your preaching, go to Poch thread and lite a candle.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Ajax have been crap since Ten Hag was linked with United. It's a definite curse at this point. Or we've just unsettled them which is more likely.
More since they the injury of the goalkeeper and the niggling injuries of the core of the team with Alvarez, Martinez, Mazraoui en Timber.

Antony's season ending injury has been the final and last blow.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
@KirkDuyt Hope you 2 are being sarcastic. Yes they didn't create many clear cut chances but they had nearly 70% posession and were pretty much in control the whole game. It was only Ajax.
They did nothing with possession and NEC had way more chances to score. Surely after being eliminated in Europe 3 times in a row by an average team while having more possesion during the two legs would change their definition of dominating.

I have the supports Feyenoord argument against me of course, but my Ajax supporting mates were all screaming for Ten Hag to feck off to Manchester alrdy and take grandpa Tadic with him during todays match :wenger:

C'est Moi Cantona

They did nothing with possession and NEC had way more chances to score. Surely after being eliminated in Europe 3 times in a row by an average team while having more possesion during the two legs would change their definition of dominating.

I have the supports Feyenoord argument against me of course, but my Ajax supporting mates were all screaming for Ten Hag to feck off to Manchester alrdy and take grandpa Tadic with him during todays match :wenger:
They've just got complacent, got uppity, and decided to start forgetting what he's done for them already, on the back of the CL exit, a dip in form, and him choosing United, let's see if they're still saying this when PSV take over again.

BlueHaze

This is what I said in the original post, that they barely created anything. But if you look at the game in particular the second half it was pretty much all Ajax. The overall quality of the game was horrible.