Nedum Onuoha - Pundit

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I couldn't find a dedicated thread for his work as a pundit.

Micah Richards has made a lot of waves recently and seems to be pretty much everywhere, but I have to say I'm really enjoying this other "City Legend"'s work in the media, from the little I've heard of him. He's a regular participant in the BBC Football Podcast, and he seems to be incredibly level headed, well and soft spoken, and while he recognises he's a City fan, he manages to find a really good balance in that regard. The podcast on Ronaldo's return was particularly nice, you could have imagined he might be a bit bitter considering how things went down, but he seemed genuinely excited by the prospect, speaking more as a football fan than a City one.

Anyway, I really appreciate the way he gets his points across, it's always very respectful and well articulated, and he seems to be a really clever and interesting guy.

NOTA: I am not Nedum Onuoha

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
I couldn't find a dedicated thread for his work as a pundit.

Micah Richards has made a lot of waves recently and seems to be pretty much everywhere, but I have to say I'm really enjoying this other "City Legend"'s work in the media, from the little I've heard of him. He's a regular participant in the BBC Football Podcast, and he seems to be incredibly level headed, well and soft spoken, and while he recognises he's a City fan, he manages to find a really good balance in that regard. The podcast on Ronaldo's return was particularly nice, you could have imagined he might be a bit bitter considering how things went down, but he seemed genuinely excited by the prospect, speaking more as a football fan than a City one.

Anyway, I really appreciate the way he gets his points across, it's always very respectful and well articulated, and he seems to be a really clever and interesting guy.

NOTA: I am not Nedum Onuoha
I have also been watching him over the past few months on the ESPN football show and he does come over as very calm and level headed. I hope he does well as a pundit and his comments are very measured.

goptun

Nedum put out a fantastic article and interview with Balotelli on The Athletic last week. Well worth a read.

Gandalf

He is a very articulate pundit and it is true that he owns his City allegiance whilst still making completely rational comments about other clubs unlike so many pundits, former Liverpoool players especially, who are so insane with their bias that they are unwatchable. I really enjoy catching up on the ESPN Extra Time segment on YouTube most mornings and the difference between Nedum and Stevie Nichol when a United question comes along is staggering. It helps that he clearly knows what is going on at the various clubs too whereas so many pundits don't even bother to stay informed of injuries, suspensions and basic details to inform their opinions.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
He is a very articulate pundit and it is true that he owns his City allegiance whilst still making completely rational comments about other clubs unlike so many pundits, former Liverpoool players especially, who are so insane with their bias that they are unwatchable. I really enjoy catching up on the ESPN Extra Time segment on YouTube most mornings and the difference between Nedum and Stevie Nichol when a United question comes along is staggering. It helps that he clearly knows what is going on at the various clubs too whereas so many pundits don't even bother to stay informed of injuries, suspensions and basic details to inform their opinions.
Very good post...absolutely spot on.

Classical Mechanic

Onuha is an intelligent bloke. He grew up in my neck of the woods and went to a private school here where he did well.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
On ESPN they sometimes call Stevie Nicol 'Liverpool TV'. I watched it once and i forget the discussion but boy, he wasnt accepting anyone, or anything, being better than its Liverpool counterpart
But you're right, Carragher somehow references Liverpool in almost any debate, no matter the subject. And while commentating i think he forgets to be impartial. Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday was the same, he was bias as feck. Everytime Liverpool lost the previous week, he'd rattle off the excuses. I always remember seeing the footage of him throwing his headset down when Riise scored the OG against us in Europe

But still one of the most bias pundits out there, who very rarely does punditry iirc, is Mike Summerbee Man city. Jesus christ.

For example if one of them said Rodri over Henderson, he'd have none of it.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

On ESPN they sometimes call Stevie Nicol 'Liverpool TV'. I watched it once and i forget the discussion but boy, he wasnt accepting anyone, or anything, being better than its Liverpool counterpart
But you're right, Carragher somehow references Liverpool in almost any debate, no matter the subject. And while commentating i think he forgets to be impartial. Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday was the same, he was bias as feck. Everytime Liverpool lost the previous week, he'd rattle off the excuses. I always remember seeing the footage of him throwing his headset down when Riise scored the OG against us in Europe

But still one of the most bias pundits out there, who very rarely does punditry iirc, is Mike Summerbee Man city. Jesus christ.

For example if one of them said Rodri over Henderson, he'd have none of it.
:lol:
Ah I remember him. With city very short of important historical players. Sky went for him a decade or so ago but presumably they had to remove him because it was basically like having a rambling city fan in the studio.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:
Ah I remember him. With city very short of important historical players. Sky went for him a decade or so ago but presumably they had to remove him because it was basically like having a rambling city fan in the studio.
He was so OTT. I'd bet if you asked him whose had a better managerial career in the EPL out of Fergie and Pep, he'd pick Pep