Neil Ashton joins United as a PR consultant

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

:lol:

fecking standard of journos in this country. Absolute toilet paper.
To be fair I like her too.

Samid

follows Pogue around, fixing his images
I can't be the only one not getting the relevance to Ashton?

fergosaurus

Assuming Custis is being influenced by Ashton, it doesn't make sense to me why he's blaming the Glazers to boost Woodward's image. I don't think this is what they had in mind when they added Ashton to the payroll.

Chairman Steve

Are we just going to ignore Pochettino is there too :lol: Guess they’re discussing canned statements about the ownership when he’s appointed.

Brophs

The one and only
All hail to our new P(ochettino) R(ecruitment) Consultant

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

At Brentford-Leeds tonight :annoyed:
Honestly, what does this achieve? Every United player will see this on their phone. Do we believe they'll be giving their all at Chelsea, or for the rest of the season, when Ashton is being seen with Pochettino. It's basically telling the dressing room: 'F Ole he'll be gone in May.' What authority will Ole be able to wield when Woodward's PR guy undermines him like this? I sometimes think they're sabotaging the season on purpose.

Gazza

Honestly, what does this achieve? Every United player will see this on their phone. Do we believe they'll be giving their all at Chelsea, or for the rest of the season, when Ashton is being seen with Pochettino. It's basically telling the dressing room: 'F Ole he'll be gone in May.' What authority will Ole be able to wield when Woodward's PR guy undermines him like this? I sometimes think they're sabotaging the season on purpose.
Tbf Ole has had total authority all season and look what’s happened

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Tbf Ole has had total authority all season and look what’s happened
Has he though? There's been rumours about his position all season. Plus it's fairly obvious that the club has prioritised certain players over every coach we've had.

Fooza

Regardless of rumours about managers coming in or not. A united player needs to be giving his all every single game for the badge.

We need to bin any players who don't give it all, especially if they don't against a team like Chelsea. Then somethings wrong.

Seij

Assuming Custis is being influenced by Ashton, it doesn't make sense to me why he's blaming the Glazers to boost Woodward's image. I don't think this is what they had in mind when they added Ashton to the payroll.
He comes across as an extremely petty being with giant ego. Wouldn't be surprised if he told Ashton to do whatever (including blaming the Glazers) to boost his image. Doubt Glazers give a shite anyway what fans think of them as long as they keep reaping the sweet dividends.

Woody is the worst phenomenon to have happened to this club in the past couple of decades.

Gazza

Has he though? There's been rumours about his position all season. Plus it's fairly obvious that the club has prioritised certain players over every coach we've had.
Not for Ole. They’ve let him trim the squad and add to it as he saw fit. There has been almost zero press speculation about his job for most of the season, he’s been given plenty of backing by his former colleagues working in media, and the club have briefed at least once that they back him all the way and his job isn’t under threat. I’d say he’s been given more authority than any manager we’ve had since Fergie.