Neil Ashton joins United as a PR consultant

tenpoless

We don't need a DoF, a top top modern manager or more players.

But We do need Neil Ashton. Coming up next, Roy Hodgson as assistant to the assistant manager.

clarkydaz

Woodward, who is still the de facto director of football, started the clear-out at Old Trafford but forgot the rebuild. Manchester United have got more noodle sponsors than functioning midfielders but let's not allow that to get in the way of the idea that Solskjaer isn't up to the job
ouch

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
So it’s basically Neil Ashton is hired by Ed Woodward to make him and the glazers look better during this shitshow. Amazing. He can sign a PR hack but no players? Disneyland is right.
Also doesn’t it also defeat the purpose if everyone knows he’s hired him in the first place?

Last edited:

ravi2

So it’s basically Neil Ashton is hired by Ed Woodward to make him and the glazers look better during this shitshow. Amazing. He can sign a PR hack but no players? Disneyland is right.
It really sheds light on how Woodward thinks and where his priorities lie.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Next part is, it backfired and no one buys this bs. Even other journalists have called out this nonsense.

red thru&thru

Also doesn’t it also defeat the purpose if everyone knows he’s hired him in the first place?
Well if United hired Ashton to make them look good, it has gone terribly wrong, as there have been more and more pieces of both parties pointing the finger at each other. To me, from The Sun affiliates, it seems as though Ed has hired Ashton as his PR man.

Crustanoid

I think the world and his dog know why Ashton was hired. Woodward and co are either deluded or think the entire fan base are simple morons.
The 6 signings story is Flat Earth territory

Alabaster Codify7

Simple, because he has no real intention of signing players this month and is anticipating the shitstorm that is rightly going to come his way. To be fair though, Ole is doing a tidy enough job of being his mouthpiece so he might have p*ssed yet more money up the wall here by signing Ashton.

red thru&thru

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING ED HIRED ASHTON TO MAKE HIMSELF AND THE CLUB LOOK GOOD???

Evidence suggests Ed has hired Ashton to make himself look good. Wish people would read articles that have been put out.

GiddyUp

It really sheds light on how Woodward thinks and where his priorities lie.
Damn right. He's a fecking cancer on this club and should be hounded out. To get rid of him would be a tremendous start to a rebuild. The guy is a fecking joke. Neil Ashton ffs. This club stinks more and more every week.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Going to be working overtime soon,once the TW closes that is.
Maybe that was the point in the first place.Hmm.

Crustanoid

I think this epitomises where we’re at. Not signing players and focusing on the image of the owners and CEO, while chaos ensues on and off the pitch.

The fans and the heritage of the club are completely irrelevant to the club hierarchy

red thru&thru

I think this epitomises where we’re at. Not signing players and focusing on the image of the owners and CEO, while chaos ensues on and off the pitch.

The fans and the heritage of the club are completely irrelevant to the club hierarchy
Not the owners...

Hawks2008

So Woodward has basically gone and hired himself a personal shill?

That was a real priority I'm glad he put time and resources towards it.

fergiesarmy1

Ed was a no show at Tranmere, wonder if he will be appearing on Wednesday which has the potential to get messy. The cameras will be looking for him if it does.

L1nk

Expect more of this shite to pop up, well done on the man for doing the bare minimum in his job. Ashton's also privated his twitter account, he had to have known the backlash he'd get and how no fan would fall for this crap.

ShinjiNinja26

Expect more of this shite to pop up, well done on the man for doing the bare minimum in his job. Ashton's also privated his twitter account, he had to have known the backlash he'd get and how no fan would fall for this crap.
This will be the Ashton spin on things. How Bruno had all but signed for Barca until Woody swooped in and saved the day, us fans should be eternally grateful. :rolleyes:

ravi2

I've been getting more stories like this in my google feed etc since Ed hired Ashton but it's too little too late. It makes me dislike Woodward even more. Very few of our fans will buy this bullshit

clarkydaz

This will be the Ashton spin on things. How Bruno had all but signed for Barca until Woody swooped in and saved the day, us fans should be eternally grateful. :rolleyes:
Bruno was actually putting the barca shirt on for size, before Ed appeared and said ' not on my watch'