Neil Ruddock 'deliberately broke Andy Cole's legs'

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Remember when he signed for Liverpool for £2.5 million and Liverpool hilariously printed his shirt number as 2.5?
Yep, Hilarious it was

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong. I know Haaland was being a twat but Keane wouldn't have had the injury if in that one moment he wasn't trying to get Haaland back. Not that I'd be above trying to kick someone that had kicked me all game and tried to wind me up but if he didn't do it, he doesn't get injured which doesn't lead to Haaland standing over him which then doesn't lead to the City game challenge. Butterfly effect at its maximum.

I'm not on a high horse and I'm not sure what the respective quality of the two players has to do with trying to kick each other? Is Messi allowed to snap people's legs in half because he's the best player ever? How about headbutts and punches? Same for Cristiano?

Nowhere did I say anything about Keane's quality as a player or even suggest it was affected by what he tried to do to Haaland that caused the whole thing to begin with. As I said, Keane tried to injure Haaland and he got injured himself and that act, irrespective of whether Haaland was a cnut and was winding him up and kicking him all game, set everything in motion for what happened after it. If he hadn't done it, he wouldn't have gotten injured (we probably win the league again in 97/98 due to having Keane as well), Haaland doesn't stand over him abusing him and he doesn't kick him and get sent off against City years later. Simple.

Now try again to comprehend that actions have consequences. I'm sure you can do it (Now I'm on the high horse).
Calling both Keane & Haaland ‘nasty cnuts’ implies that’s all they were .Haaland was a nasty cnut, Keane had a nasty streak in him but he also had a whole lot more.
What I object to is you lumping them together as if they were equals.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Are you agreeing with me? Or do you think that quoting your post which contained 2 paragraphs both about racism somehow disproves what I said?
Read posts properly before wading in with imbecilic, overly-emotional rant posts.

This isn't the Daily Mail comment section, it's an intelligent footy forum where most users are capable of more than binary, 'black or white', 'yes or no' discussion.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yet Haaland never played a full game after that tackle happened. Roy Keane is/was a very small man.
Haaland had written about playing with an injury to his left knee for months prior to the Keane tackle (which was to his right leg) and was already playing with strapping around it. He even stated that no knock was received to his left leg as part of that challenge, and that Keane had not caused his injury. He even stated that he was fortunate that his right leg as off the ground when Keane tackled him because it meant he barely had more than a slight knock. He played the rest of that game, a midweek friendly for Norway, and then over an hour of the fixture after that.

It's not an indictment on Keane that Haaland didn't play another full game, because Haaland was pretty much exclusively used as utility, squad player wherever he went. From 1990 at Byrne to his retirement in 2003 at City, Haaland played in 255 league games. From signing for Forest in 1990 to 2003 at United, Keane had played in almost 50% more, 377, as well as featuring more prominently as captain and in more competitions, and missing pretty much an entire year because of the injury he sustained that led to Haaland provoking him.

Haaland initially implied Keane caused his injury because wanted to get back at him.

Call Keane whatever you want because going in to deliberately hurt someone is a shitty thing to do, but the actual incident had little to no bearing on how the rest of Haaland's career played out, and it's a cheap stick to try and beat Keane with.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
He was, and is, such a tool. I guess it's not a coincidence he came from Millwall..

He was signed by Souness, another tool, in '93 and stayed for five years under Roy Evans who was way to soft. One can only imagine how much harm he did to the mentality of the squad. No wonder it all was going downhill..

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Haaland had written about playing with an injury to his left knee for months prior to the Keane tackle (which was to his right leg) and was already playing with strapping around it. He even stated that no knock was received to his left leg as part of that challenge, and that Keane had not caused his injury. He even stated that he was fortunate that his right leg as off the ground when Keane tackled him because it meant he barely had more than a slight knock. He played the rest of that game, a midweek friendly for Norway, and then over an hour of the fixture after that.

It's not an indictment on Keane that Haaland didn't play another full game, because Haaland was pretty much exclusively used as utility, squad player wherever he went. From 1990 at Byrne to his retirement in 2003 at City, Haaland played in 255 league games. From signing for Forest in 1990 to 2003 at United, Keane had played in almost 50% more, 377, as well as featuring more prominently as captain and in more competitions, and missing pretty much an entire year because of the injury he sustained that led to Haaland provoking him.

Haaland initially implied Keane caused his injury because wanted to get back at him.

Call Keane whatever you want because going in to deliberately hurt someone is a shitty thing to do, but the actual incident had little to no bearing on how the rest of Haaland's career played out, and it's a cheap stick to try and beat Keane with.
Exactly, and yet this myth that Keane ended Haaland's career continues. :houllier:

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
This forum is obsessed with racism. Absolutely obsessed. How in God's name do you conclude racism out of that?

You've got 2 guys in Ruddock and Sheringham who are outgoing cocky and arrogant and Cole who is quiet and introverted. It's as obvious a personality clash as you will see, but your first thought is "two white guys, one black guy, must be racist".

Jesus wept.
I suggest you give the Current Events forum a very wide berth for your own sake :lol:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Calling both Keane & Haaland ‘nasty cnuts’ implies that’s all they were .Haaland was a nasty cnut, Keane had a nasty streak in him but he also had a whole lot more.
What I object to is you lumping them together as if they were equals.
No, it doesn't.

Calling both Keane & Haaland nasty cnuts is simply saying that they were. It makes no inferences about their respective qualities as players, it just highlights one aspect that they had in common, the one thing where they can be lumped together as equals and it's not anything other than pointing out the one major flaw of Roy Keane when we discuss that incident/series of incidents. Keane was and is a nasty cnut, he just is, he always was and he's not about to apologise for it is he? We loved him for what he was because he was ours but he was genuinely a horrible cnut and it was part of being a horrible cnut that led to the whole Haaland fiasco. Nothing more, nothing less.

Maradona was/is a nasty cnut too. If I said Keane and Maradona were nasty cnuts would it make you feel better because Maradona was one of the best ever? Is it cause Haaland was shite that you object? Makes no sense when talking about a flaw in their personalities that they shared. One that Ruddock shares too and he was, if anything even more shite than Haaland.

Trizy

If he angers you after admitting this, just take pleasure in knowing he know appears on League of Their Own at least once a season as an ugly fat feck for poor money, literally, that's his job! To be gross looking while taking off his close.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I suggest you give the Current Events forum a very wide berth for your own sake :lol:
It is a bit of an echo chamber alright.

Someone could also be forgiven for thinking that redcafe is an American site given how much discussions on American politics seem to dominate it.

Last edited:

Imran Mamdani

Although I know very little about this, Rud*ock being a scouser and just an ordinary football player never appealed to me, infact i couldn't care less but this is infuriating. I never expect anything less from those bloody scousers anyway. Seems like he just wants some limelight and media attention.

Also frustrating and up to some extent teddy has lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

With all the challenges and difficulties Andy is going through, i just wish him well.

Offsideagain

Ruddock was about as hard as a sponge. Real hard guys don’t go around breaking people’s legs on purpose. Keane on Alfie was different, if some guy had spat at me when I was on the floor I would make it count in a tackle. Ruddock isn’t that big either and is now a fat slob that featured on a TV programme where the High Court officials were chasing him for money.

Just a gobby git.

Red_Ramirez

I remember hearing about the tackle but i don’t think I ever saw footage . Must have been horrendous. I know Cole could be mouthy but he wasn’t a nasty player (unlike Alfie Haaland)
Iirc there was footage of it on an episode of 'Manchester United On Video'

I used to buy these monthly video tapes back in day :)

montpelier

@Grinner

Jessie Reyes spent most of his time rolling around on the floor anyway.

(just to help the debate along)

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Sheringham is a twat. I saw him push in front of a taxi queue outside of a club and utter the immortal words "do you know who I am?"

Andy Cole is a bit of a sensitive guy to really give a shit about a handshake but Tedward is a bellend.
I see Teddy on the bloody central line a few months back. Little cap on to try and look like someone out of peaky blinders. I said hello to him and he told me to feck off. He scored the goal in 1999 but boy do I hate him. Horrible horrible man

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I see Teddy on the bloody central line a few months back. Little cap on to try and look like someone out of peaky blinders. I said hello to him and he told me to feck off. He scored the goal in 1999 but boy do I hate him. Horrible horrible man
He literally said 'feck off' in reply to you just saying 'hello'...?

Was there more to it than that? Or literally how it happened?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This forum is obsessed with racism. Absolutely obsessed. How in God's name do you conclude racism out of that?

You've got 2 guys in Ruddock and Sheringham who are outgoing cocky and arrogant and Cole who is quiet and introverted. It's as obvious a personality clash as you will see, but your first thought is "two white guys, one black guy, must be racist".

Jesus wept.
Agree with you. Some people( and society in general) are just obsessed with racism. That is why i use this nickname. Nobody can't call me a racist:lol::lol:. Ok, back to topic. I didn't know that Teddy didn't like Andy. Why? Milwall/Spurs prick. I never liked him much. Now i know why.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Miguel Angel Nadal a notorious hardman was twice the player Ruddock was. Ruddock was just a plain thug and a wind up merchant on the pitch
Definitely. I'm sure 'arry told a story about him crying about leaving spuds or summat. Not having the balls to ask for a transfer.

davidmichael

One ex player is joint record holder for most goals in a Premier League season, won caps for England, won 5 Premier League titles, a Champions League, 2 FA Cups and a League Cup as well as playing in arguably the greatest club side this country has ever seen in ‘The Treble’ squad.

One ex player is a fat, sweaty cnut who’s more famous these days for being a fat, sweaty cnut on the after dinner speech circuit and being on ‘Can’t Pay ? We’ll Take It’ a few years back.

feck Neil Ruddock, you fat sweaty cnut thinking you’re funny or a hard man and doing it simply because Teddy Sheringham didn’t get on with Andy Cole. Are you that much of an arse licker ?.

POF

Read posts properly before wading in with imbecilic, overly-emotional rant posts.

This isn't the Daily Mail comment section, it's an intelligent footy forum where most users are capable of more than binary, 'black or white', 'yes or no' discussion.
:lol:

Good with irony too apparently!

SteveW

He's scum.

It was annoying when Sky tried to make out he was this great character a few years ago. Seemed to be constantly on Soccer AM and other shows.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The breaks must have been minor fractures because I don't remember him being out for long.
I remember it. He wasn't in great form at the time anyway so we didn't miss him a whole lot. It was his worst season for us probably.

Red_Ramirez

I remember it. He wasn't in great form at the time anyway so we didn't miss him a whole lot. It was his worst season for us probably.
Out for several months with pneumonia then a double leg break didn't help. But yeah for fitness AND form 1996 was not a good year for Coley. He's fortunate Fergie didn't get Shearer as well otherwise his place would've been seriously under threat.

Everton and Aston Villa were constantly linked to buy him.

Strachans Cigar

I’m sure when Razor was round at Shezzas gaff they had a good old natter not discussing any issues skin-colour related whatsoever. Cor blimey, do what?! You’re avin a giraaaaafe ain’t ya?

Look, they were probably happy just watching some Alf Garnett together.

And they didn’t talk about Andrew Cole behind closed doors during that period either. Oh no sir-ee.

Funnily enough, we’ve heard from both Cole & Ruddock about Sheringham but not Teflon Teddy Boy himself? Classy lad that Shezza keeping schtum. John Terry clearly learned from his PR team.

montpelier

In an outbreak of sound judgement RAWK have mercilessly gone & removed 'Razor' from his thread title.

And locked it, obvs.

IRELANDUNITED

If he angers you after admitting this, just take pleasure in knowing he know appears on League of Their Own at least once a season as an ugly fat feck for poor money, literally, that's his job! To be gross looking while taking off his close.

United Junkie

Jesus! What a piece of shite. Spend his whole Liverpool salary on booze and junkfood I bet ya.