Neil Ryan Leaves Manchester United for the FA

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This is another major change in the club to go along with a host of other changes. To be fair, it felt like Neil Ryan's influence was somewhat waning with Travis Binnion's arrival, so this makes sense. I now wonder if Neil Wood will be the next one to go or if he'll stick around for a bit longer.

EDIT: Updated 1st Tweet to include the full story

Last edited:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

This is another major change in the club to go along with a host of other changes. To be fair, it felt like Neil Ryan's influence was somewhat waning with Travis Binnion's arrival, so this makes sense. I now wonder if Neil Wood will be the next one to go or if he'll stick around for a bit longer.
Wood is confirmed as going with Binnion taking the U-23's I believe.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wood is confirmed as going with Binnion taking the U-23's I believe.
Is that so? I've yet to find anything on that when searching on both Twitter and Google, though now that you mention it, I do remember reading something like that a while back.

NYAS

Everyone leaving the club is a “big loss” according to Whitwell these days. Might have missed the memo that we’re undergoing the biggest restructuring in decades.

I can understand it. Being the best and most reliable United journalist around just doesn’t pay the bills anymore, certainly not during a cost-of-living crisis. Need more of those clicks, likes and retweets, Luckhurst-style.

His impending descent into sensationalism is a “big loss” for level-headed United supporters though.

phelans shorts

Everyone leaving the club is a “big loss” according to Whitwell these days. Might have missed the memo that we’re undergoing the biggest restructuring in decades.

I can understand it. Being the best and most reliable United journalist around just doesn’t pay the bills anymore, certainly not during a cost-of-living crisis. Need more of those clicks, likes and retweets, Luckhurst-style.

His impending descent into sensationalism is a “big loss” for level-headed United supporters though.
Or lots of people that were very influential in their sector have left in quick succession.

NYAS

Or lots of people that were very influential in their sector have left in quick succession.
Sure, but the guy almost had a mental breakdown when Judge left, a person almost universally regarded as the biggest clown left at the club post-Ed. That doesn’t do great things for your credibility or the value people put on your opinions.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sure, but the guy almost had a mental breakdown when Judge left, a person almost universally regarded as the biggest clown left at the club post-Ed. That doesn’t do great things for your credibility or the value people put on your opinions.
I feel like he's been encouraged to express his opinions more in recent days, sort of like how Carl Anka does, and given that Dan Sheldon's going to become a Manchester correspondent, Laurie's probably loosening up some more and starting to portray his own views some more. In this case, a bunch of our backroom staff have moved on without people necessarily being lined up, so he's just wondering about what the club's plan is down the line (except he's portraying it as a concern rather than an interesting discussion topic).

Bojan Djordjic

Probably a source for all those transfer leaks. I'm always curious about the angles certain journos take. Mitten for example has been extremely anti-Rangnick, even before the performances really turned for the worse and his stances are always very pro-players which makes me feel certain that he's got at least one player in his ear shading Rangnick.

Mickson

Probably a source for all those transfer leaks. I'm always curious about the angles certain journos take. Mitten for example has been extremely anti-Rangnick, even before the performances really turned for the worse and his stances are always very pro-players which makes me feel certain that he's got at least one player in his ear shading Rangnick.
That's probably so. Of course, he's not wrong about Rangnick but it's odd because he's been very careful before. For example, he never said a bad word about Ole. Luckhurst is a clown but surprising that Whitwell defended Judge, so probably someone he had good contact with.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Doesn't speak well for them that they're very influential during a very dire era.

Many of our recent academy graduates have been underwhelming in terms of character and playing ability.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Another one of the Fergie old guard out of OT but it was time for Neil to go. He's a good coach and I'm sure he'll do good with the FA.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Neil Ryan interview: The ‘wrench’ of leaving Manchester United, player goodbyes and England challenge

Elanga wrote, with a few laughing emojis.

He also recalled an occasion in his early teenage years that had left an impression. “I’ll always remember that time in Mallorca,” he said. “Sorry for keeping you awake with my snoring.”

Ryan stayed overnight with Elanga in hospital after he had sustained a neck injury in an under-14s game on the Spanish island. “It was in the days when we didn’t have many staff so I was head coach, tour leader, player welfare, the lot,” Ryan remembers. “Anthony hurt his neck on the AstroTurf. The ambulance actually came on the pitch, I ran on, and obviously he couldn’t go to hospital on his own. The physio had to stay with the game.

“Your instincts kick in. I’m sure there were players in that group who were higher flyers than him at that point. He wasn’t the star, just another boy injured you care for. We got there and he had to stay overnight as a precaution. He had fallen and they were unsure. He got this neck brace.

“I had to sleep in a chair, I gave him my laptop so he could watch movies, Marvel or something. I couldn’t sleep, I had to ring his mum every 10 minutes. He was a bit upset, in hospital abroad, alone and uncertain what would come from his injury. We just had a laugh, I kept telling jokes to keep his spirits up.
Lovely interview.