Neil Warnock’s Top Five Premier League Managers of All Time

Kostur

海尔的老板
You'd think that SAF managed in 1800s and not in the 21st century. Dickgoblin at his finest, hope to never see the thick cnut back in the EPL.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Still bitter about tevez sending them down via United.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Still holding a grudge because his Sheffield team couldn't be bothered to get a point on the final day and thought Fergie would bail him out. Let it go dinosaur.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Klopp 3rd in ”PL Managers of all time”, because ”he’s just beginning, he will definitely get even better, he’s got another 10 years coming forward.”

Paul_Scholes18

Wenger first haha. This guy must be trolling. I guess if top 4 is a trophy he has done pretty well though.
Pep has done well, but also spent billions.
Klopp hasn't even won the bloody league yet and even missed european football his first season.
Sure he has improve them very well, but also spent big.

Ranieri deserves first though given what he did with Leicester if you ignore doing well over time
Taking a team from the bottom to win the league is amazing like that.

Rockets Redglare

You'd think that SAF managed in 1800s and not in the 21st century. Dickgoblin at his finest, hope to never see the thick cnut back in the EPL.
Exactly, Wenger was apparently so far ahead of the game yet he got completely left behind and Fergie won us the league a further 5 times after Arsenal last won it.

stubie

Football or the media would be even better

padr81

Supports
Man City
Wenger first haha. This guy must be trolling. I guess if top 4 is a trophy he has done pretty well though.
Pep has done well, but also spent billions.
Klopp hasn't even won the bloody league yet and even missed european football his first season.
Sure he has improve them very well, but also spent big.

Ranieri deserves first though given what he did with Leicester if you ignore doing well over time
Taking a team from the bottom to win the league is amazing like that.
I think Wenger has to be right up there, he brought English football forward kicking and screaming into the modern era. I'd have him top 3 easily.
He changed the face of the game. For me it'd be.

1 - Ferguson, 2 - Wenger, 3 - Pep, 4 - Jose, 5 - Ranieri

Klopp will obviously get on the list soon when he achieves more in english football. There is no way an anomaly season from Ranieri/Leicester puts him in the same category as Ferguson, Wenger, Pep in the PL era.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm disappointed @Klopper76. Poor thread!
I can’t be held responsible for the ramblings of a mad man. I did fall for the click-bait though.

I think I’d go:

1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. Arsene Wenger
3. Jose Mourinho
4. Pep Guardiola
5. Klopp (assuming Liverpool win the league)

Edit: Ranieri deserves a shout.

Josep Dowling

He’s seems to be basing his choices on who’s the best coach.

Wenger had a big influence in the 90s but he conveniently forgets after Arsenal won the league for the first time, United won the treble the season after and the season after that won the league with a huge points margin to second placed Arsenal. So with all his influence in the league Sir Alex trumped him after one year.

Klopp hasn’t won the league yet.

Pep is currently 3rd with the most expensively assembled team in world football.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
SAF adapted to the times, rebuilt great sides after great sides and overcame so many new challenges and changes. It’s not even a debate tbh. Obviously just click bait.
1. SAF
2. Wenger
3. Pep
4. Jose
5. Ranieri (would probably be Klopp soon enough)

I’d say positions 3-5 is probably highly debatable.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can’t be held responsible for the ramblings of a mad man. I did fall for the click-bait though.

I think I’d go:

1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. Arsene Wenger
3. Jose Mourinho
4. Pep Guardiola
5. Klopp (assuming Liverpool win the league)

Edit: Ranieri deserves a shout.
Bout right.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Still holding a grudge because his Sheffield team couldn't be bothered to get a point on the final day and thought Fergie would bail him out. Let it go dinosaur.
He won't let it go about that season ever. There's that and I remember him putting pressure on Benitez to pick a strong side away at Fulham and he blew his top when Rafa picked a weakened side instead and we lost 1-0 because we had CL qualification pretty much secured and we had the second Milan CL final 10 days later. If he was rating the worst managers, wouldn't surprise me if he said Benitez as one of them.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

Warnock has always been a league one level bitter dinosaur. I think Klopp will be 2nd on that list after Sir Alex in a few years. Assuming Klopp dominates for next 3 seasons I'd rate like this with manager achievements based on their spending limits, ability to develop youth into stars, overachieve with what they were given and innovation levels.
1.Sir Alex
2. Klopp
3. Pep
4. Arsene
5. Pochettino

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Warnock has always been a league one level bitter dinosaur. I think Klopp will be 2nd on that list after Sir Alex in a few years. Assuming Klopp dominates for next 3 seasons I'd rate like this with manager achievements based on their spending limits, ability to develop youth into stars, overachieve with what they were given and innovation levels.
1.Sir Alex
2. Klopp
3. Pep
4. Arsene
5. Pochettino
I’m sorry but Poch over Jose? Seriously?

Has Glaston made a new account :lol:

matt10000

SAF adapted to the times, rebuilt great sides after great sides and overcame so many new challenges and changes. It’s not even a debate tbh. Obviously just click bait.
1. SAF
2. Wenger
3. Pep
4. Jose
5. Ranieri (would probably be Klopp soon enough)

I’d say positions 3-5 is probably highly debatable.
Spot with all of the above

SAF is no1 by a country mile.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

To be fair, Pochettino never went to a club that gave him large amounts of cash to spend on players. This sort of list will always favor managers of clubs that are financial powerhouse and overlook managers who are managing mid or bottom table team.

Champagne Football

I think we'll get to see Jose's true managerial ability now at Spurs.

There's a lot of top managers who can go to Madrid or Man City, spend 500 million, and win all kinds of trophies over 3 seasons. But I feel the true test of a truly great manager is when they go to a 6th place club in a competitive league, not have much cash to spend and very quickly land at the top, while developing youth and playing attractive football.

Klopp did it at Liverpool. Fergie at Utd. Pochettino at Spurs. Arsene at Arsenal. But I'm not so sure Jose will do it at Spurs. I'm pretty sure he won't to be honest but he could prove me wrong. But I really think this is when we get to gauge his true level where he's finally not at a club that has 10 times more spending power than everyone else in the league, like he had at Madrid, First Chelsea stint, Inter and Porto.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

There's a lot of top managers who can go to Madrid or Man City, spend 500 million, and win all kinds of trophies over 3 seasons. But I feel the true test of a truly great manager is when they go to a 6th place club in a competitive league, not have much cash to spend and very quickly land at the top, while developing youth and playing attractive football.

Klopp did it at Liverpool. Fergie at Utd. Pochettino at Spurs. Arsene at Arsenal. But I'm not so sure Jose will do it at Spurs. I'm pretty sure he won't to be honest but he could prove me wrong. But I really think this is when we get to gauge his true level where he's finally not at a club that has 10 times more spending power than everyone else in the league, like he had at Madrid, First Chelsea stint, Inter and Porto.
Great response

Bojan11

Warnock is bitter at Fergie for playing a weak team against West Ham in 2007 before the FA cup final. So no surprises there.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

If you can't gauge Jose's overall status from that stretch and need to evaluate him as an underdog then you need to expand your criteria of what's important

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

It's like judging Ronaldinho by his time at AC Milan. Mourinho was at his best in the mid-to-late 00's, why in the world would you judge his "true" managerial ability now? You know that he had won the CL with Porto, right?