Neil Warnock’s Top Five Premier League Managers of All Time

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Anyway the fact that Raineri is getting mentioned over Conte and Ancelotti says a lot

Won't be surprised if Roberto Do Matteo gets a mention on a list of best European managers in 50 years

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think we'll get to see Jose's true managerial ability now at Spurs.

There's a lot of top managers who can go to Madrid or Man City, spend 500 million, and win all kinds of trophies over 3 seasons. But I feel the true test of a truly great manager is when they go to a 6th place club in a competitive league, not have much cash to spend and very quickly land at the top, while developing youth and playing attractive football.

Klopp did it at Liverpool. Fergie at Utd. Pochettino at Spurs. Arsene at Arsenal. But I'm not so sure Jose will do it at Spurs. I'm pretty sure he won't to be honest but he could prove me wrong. But I really think this is when we get to gauge his true level where he's finally not at a club that has 10 times more spending power than everyone else in the league, like he had at Madrid, First Chelsea stint, Inter and Porto.
Jose is up there with some of the best of all time. Poch has never won anything. I'm sorry but they two are worlds apart in terms of actual footballing achievements.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think we'll get to see Jose's true managerial ability now at Spurs.

There's a lot of top managers who can go to Madrid or Man City, spend 500 million, and win all kinds of trophies over 3 seasons. But I feel the true test of a truly great manager is when they go to a 6th place club in a competitive league, not have much cash to spend and very quickly land at the top, while developing youth and playing attractive football.

Klopp did it at Liverpool. Fergie at Utd. Pochettino at Spurs. Arsene at Arsenal. But I'm not so sure Jose will do it at Spurs. I'm pretty sure he won't to be honest but he could prove me wrong. But I really think this is when we get to gauge his true level where he's finally not at a club that has 10 times more spending power than everyone else in the league, like he had at Madrid, First Chelsea stint, Inter and Porto.

This smells like utter bollocks to me about Fergie. He struggled at United until he had unlimited cash. He was able to bid on anyone he wanted and pay higher wages than every other club for a long time.

Champagne Football

It's like judging Ronaldinho by his time at AC Milan. Mourinho was at his best in the mid-to-late 00's, why in the world would you judge his "true" managerial ability now? You know that he had won the CL with Porto, right?
He has done amazing things. He's a brilliant manager no doubt. But I also think he's greatly overrated. We used to call his park the bus methods pure genius, now we call the same methods dour. He's never developed a young player in his life.

At the height of his fame at Chelsea, Johan Cryuff called his methods Anti-football. I don't think Fergie was ever too impressed with him as a coach either.

Louis Van Gaal is a trophy machine, yet he's also dog-shit as a manager. He's brilliant at certain things but if you dissect his career, he was completely found out when at big clubs, despite cruising to some easy titles that gave a false picture of his true ability.

I absolutely do not think Jose is superior to Simeone at Atletico. Exact same manager, with the difference being Jose landed some jobs with literally no limits at all to what he could spend.

manc4red

Not going to waste precious minutes of my life if SAF is not ranked #1. I cannot see how it is possible to rank Wenger ahead of SAF. Neither Pep nor Klopp comes close yet.

Castia

Prob still bitter that we lost to West Ham which got them relegated. He seems the sort.
Spot on. No doubt this is the reason.

I don’t mind warnock, he’s usually entertaining but he looks like a right tit after this interview.

The Firestarter

:lol: What a sad prick. I wonder if the little voice in his head said: you will be mocked and ridiculed beyond your wildest nightmares if you say that and he still be like: fuk it.

ElectroManiac

Sir Alex is definitely the best Manager the Premier League have seen, and I will say the best manager in the last 30 years in football. You could also say the best manager the game have ever seen to, but that can be debatable with many greats.

montpelier

Is there no one else he could have crowbarred in ahead of SAF?

Keegan and Harry Redknapp maybe?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Doubt even City or Arsenal fans would say this. I deliberately left Liverpool fans because they are of a different breed. For them,pennant is still better than Ronaldo.

Long story short- Warnock is still bitter.

Hoof the ball

Doubt even City or Arsenal fans would say this. I deliberately left Liverpool fans because they are of a different breed. For them,pennant is still better than Ronaldo.

Long story short- Warnock is still bitter.
I got the story from the Arsenal Reddit. You'd be surprised...........only a handful of people conceded that Sir Alex was superior to Wenger.

meamth

Sir Alex is definitely the best Manager the Premier League have seen, and I will say the best manager in the last 30 years in football. You could also say the best manager the game have ever seen to, but that can be debatable with many greats.
Spot on.

Premier league won't be as famous as it is now if United didn't have the treble, Cantona and Ronaldo.

All was made possible by him.

The success of United made the premier league of today.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Haha feck me. Fergie probably moulded the Prem into what it is now and for me
he would have pride of place in the Mount Rushmore of Premier League managers with the rest fighting to be alongside him.

I like Warnock but the guy must have some underlying dislike of Fergie to embarrass himself with crazy remarks.

Djemba-Djemba

This smells like utter bollocks to me about Fergie. He struggled at United until he had unlimited cash. He was able to bid on anyone he wanted and pay higher wages than every other club for a long time.
Nah that's bollocks.

Blackburn were big spenders for a long time and Newcastle doubled our transfer record back in the mid 90s.

That's not even getting into the last 6 or 7 years under Fergie when we were spending feck all, losing Ronaldo and replacing him with the winger from Wigan and still winning league titles up against teams with unlimited spending in City and Chelsea. Look at how Fergie responded to the emergence of Chelsea and then City and then look how Wenger responded to it. We were winning league titles with fecking Tom Cleverly in midfield.

Wenger was a great manager for a while but he was a joke by the end, no way is he number one.

Foxbatt

I got the story from the Arsenal Reddit. You'd be surprised...........only a handful of people conceded that Sir Alex was superior to Wenger.
I think there is a lot more than handful saying SAF was the best manager. They are saying Arsene was the most influential in bringing changes but most concede that SAF was the best. I think they are more upset that SAF was even behind Klopp. I mean what has Klopp won apart from the CL once and the Bundesliga a couple of times compared to what SAF has won?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
At City, Guardiola built one great side. At Liverpool, Klopp built one great side. At Arsenal, Wenger built one great side. At Chelsea, Mourinho built one great side.

Guardiola got burnt out at his only truly great side and had to leave, and may do so again. Klopp ran out of steam and had a relatively poor final season at Dortmund and hasn’t won the league yet. Wenger stuck around as his side got increasingly worse quality wise and never won another title. José left, returned and couldn’t sustain even close to the same dominance before going into a tailspin.

Alex Ferguson built multiple great sides and won numerous titles in the process. No burnout, no spirals, no fading away and no sad returns.

He lost battles across the years, but he never lost wars, and he left a champion, after a serious lack of investment for his final 6 years. He still managed to win his final war against his final mega rich adversary.

He was a phenomenon, and while the other coaches in that list can be proud of the teams they have built, none of them have even come close to achieving what Ferguson did.

It’s like trying to argue that Neymar is better than Pele. It only makes you look stupid.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Career stats

Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, Win%

SAFs time at Utd
Total

Neil Warnocks entire career
Total1,48159540947740.2

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There are now two threads on this. There’s no way Warnock is worthy of two threads.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
There are now two threads on this. There’s no way Warnock is worthy of two threads.
Warnock is barely worthy of one thread. Frankly he should be forgotten about and preferably cast out to the fringes of society to live amongst spiders and pelicans.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Add to that the fact that he'd won feck all til he arrived at Utd with their bags of cash.....oh, wait

Eddy_JukeZ

I saw he had Wenger 1st, so I thought SAF was 2nd.

But 4th is just taking the piss.