Neil Warnock’s Top Five Premier League Managers of All Time

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Of course but what's the point in getting up tight about it, it's not as if it's matter of fact or he's going to present Wenger with a trophy.
Oh I'm not uptight about it.Delighted to see his teams relegated time and time again

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
For his sake, you have to hope he's agreed to spout some absolute bollocks for the sake of controversy alone.

Considered as a genuine opinion, it's so ludicrous that it doesn't warrant any kind response beyond the sort of "sure, mate - sure, you're absolutely right" you offer to a raving loon in the hope that he'll feck off and bother someone else.

Erebus

Let's be honest he's never been the brightest has he - I always thought he was a fool. Wenger was a great manager and did bring about huge changes and significant innovations to English football, but the success rates just don't compare.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I don't disagree that Wenger ahead of SAF is bollocks but isn't there an argument to be made that Wenger at least opened the league up more to foreign stars entering the league--basically laying the foundation for the international nature of the competition we have today?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I don't disagree that Wenger ahead of SAF is bollocks but isn't there an argument to be made that Wenger at least opened the league up more to foreign stars entering the league--basically laying the foundation for the international nature of the competition we have today?
The mass global exposure that was lead by Manchester United from 1993 onwards is what has lead to the international nature of the competition. United/Sir Alex/David Beckham blew up the premier league to the audience it currently has. Money talks and its nothing to do with Wenger.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So in a ranking of Premier League managers, Sir Alex is behind a bunch of guys who he himself has won the Premier League more than all of them put together? Riiiight...

Wenger deserves a lot of credit for what he brought to English football, but christ, we're talking about a man who dominated the competition for 2 straight decades. And he's also behind a guy who, at this moment, has never won it.

Sir Alex 1st, Wenger 2nd, everyone else way way behind. No one else has has built and then rebuilt a team like those two, and even Wenger wasn't particular great at the rebuilding part.

InfiniteBoredom

The mass global exposure that was lead by Manchester United from 1993 onwards is what has lead to the international nature of the competition. United/Sir Alex/David Beckham blew up the premier league to the audience it currently has. Money talks and its nothing to do with Wenger.
This is underrating Wenger quite a bit.

He brought with him an influx of young French talents in the mid-late 90s and Spanish ones in early 2000s. Also the one to put the emphasis on modern sport science and the use of statistics in recruitment and player evaluation.

The second half of his Arsenal career marred his legacy a bit, but he was a truly revolutionary football coach for the first 10 years there. Snatching 3 league titles from Utd in that period was no mean feat.

RedNed77

I love that the ignore thread option works on caf 2.0. Bye bye piss boiling nonsense spouted by a brexit loving bellend.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
5. Klopp
4. Pep
3. Mourinho
2. Wenger
1. SAF

This is it as it stands and it’s not difficult to work out. Spots 4 and 3 maybe being reversed is the only thing that should be up for debate.

Klopp could be a lot higher in a few years. Pep will probably feck off before he achieves much more.
How is Mourinho a better premier league coach than Pep ?

Centenary Boy

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, this is pretty daft. Don't get me wrong, there are few people on earth who hate Ferguson with a greater passion than me, but the argument that he isn't the best Premier League manager is ludicrous.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Keep in mind Wenger only joined Arsenal in September 1996, and the influx of foreign stars had already begun by then, with the likes of Spurs (Klinsmann, Popescu), Chelsea (Gullit, Petrescu, Vialli, Di Matteo) and Middlesborough (Juninho, Branco and Ravanelli) all making high-profile foreign signings prior to Wenger's arrival. Schmeichel, Cantona and Kanchelskis had become household names for us, and Arsenal themselves had signed Bergkamp under their previous manager Bruce Rioch. I think it's reasonable to say that Wenger accelerated the process with his stellar knowledge of the French market in particular, and by doing his bit to modernise English football and make it more attractive to foreign players, but the process was underway before he arrived and would have continued regardless imo. He was brilliant for the first half of his Arsenal reign though, and I'd have no problem with seeing him placed anywhere from 2-5 in a best PL managers list.

I particularly enjoyed Warnock's tortuous reasoning for placing Klopp ahead of Fergie..."his outlook and everything he's done at the club, and the future with the kids and all that". Because everybody knows that SAF didn't revamp his entire club and definitely didn't bring through one of the greatest crops of homegrown players ever :wenger:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Warnock has always been a wanker. Wouldn't trust him to point in the direction of the ground.

ManchesterYoda

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Neil Warnock is the worst manager of all time in the Premier League, in my opinion.

D4X73r

not even is SAF fourth, but it is also a close call to Jose (5th). So if it wasn't for his long reign, he would have put SAF 5th.
How can someone be this blind?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
SAF’s last game came out as a Premier League champion. Wenger had to be hoonded out by ArsenalFanTV.

Woodzy

How is Mourinho a better premier league coach than Pep ?
I did say that it is the one area up for debate but at the end of the day Mourinho has won more league titles and domestic titles in the Premier League. He also has a Europa League with us!

stu_1992

This can only be because of bitterness or to create a headline. Wenger deserves his place among the top coaches the Premier League, probably 3 top and certainly top 5. But to put anyone ahead of Sir Alex, purely taking rhd Premier League era and league results. Absolutely ridiculous.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Everybody's entitled to their opinion but he's one of very few who would have Ferguson 4th and Wenger 1st in a list like this. His opinion isn't worth getting worked up over.

ExecutionerWasp001

Why would anyone take his opinions seriously. He's a proven failed PL manager. You wouldn't take legal advice from someone who couldn't pass the Bar.