6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotQuiteManc

Indeed. Didn't really look like he is out of place. I guess the experiences really counts. Experiences being a PL player, being the champions, twice! as well as being Mourinho player before.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not even sure why people are surprised. He's always been a fantastic player, defensively and on the ball. Not too many DM's have that.

Zoo

Don't want to go overboard but he just oozes a lot of class. Notice how he is directing people around him too.

AmanNits04

I noticed at one point Matic received the ball from one of our defender and Pogba was near him, Matic directed him to run forward and occupy the space in the front. Pogba did so and Matic gave him a simple pass forward after that. Looks like Matic is going to be one of the leader we require so badly. Everything feels so assured around Matic. I also feel that the players are more assured now because of him. Will be an amazing signing for us.

Reactions: Akshay

peanuthead

I was against signing him but he's made so many tackles in this first half already, I know its preseason and Sampdoria but he's looking great in front the defence.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Someone in the Matchday thread said he was injured. Surely not?

pablotatt

I know it's rumoured that he pushed for the move.

But Chelsea have sold a player in his prime who is perhaps the most perfect fit for the position one of their rivals are desperate to fill to that rival. For £35m plus addons too.

It's baffling.

buckooo1978

cool, calm, physically imposing, quick, read the game well, good passing

only 45 mins but a very promising 45 all the same

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Wow he looked so classy. He reads the game so well. I still can't believe Chelsea sold him. I have a feeling this will be the steal of the transfer. The guy is vastly underrated.
For all the players we'd been linked to at the beginning of the summer, he was the last player I was expecting to get.

It's hard to understand of why Chelsea was willing to sell him to United.

Nick7

It was just a preseason game but looked impressive for his first outing.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Might sound weird but I like his left-footedness.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He goes off and Sampdoria get a free shot on the edge of our box.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He was a world class CDM in his first season under Jose. If he gets back to that level we have a gem on our hands.
He was immense in the 2nd half of 13/14 when he returned to Chelsea in January. He went toe-to-toe with Toure in peak form I remember. I do think he has regressed since the 14/15 title winning season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I know it's rumoured that he pushed for the move.

But Chelsea have sold a player in his prime who is perhaps the most perfect fit for the position one of their rivals are desperate to fill to that rival. For £35m plus addons too.

It's baffling.
Apparently he's 29 so that means he's passed it. Or something like that. Heard it from a FM legend.

Fracture90

He looked quite comfortable on the pitch which is promising. Just keep it going Nemanja!

RedDevil@84

My friend from university who is a massive Chelsea fan had put up half a page of abuse to the Chelsea management on facebook, when they sold him to us.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Very tidy, pretty much what I expected from him, I'm glad he's with us. Huge plus for that situation with the fan too, he seems a very modest if not shy guy.

Kag

I'm hoping that where he played tonight is where he'll play long term; sat infront of the defence by himself, with players ahead of him. Chelsea supporters seem to indicate that's his best position by far, one he didn't get to play last season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Shame he's retiring next season.

derace

seems a very humble and quiet guy. refreshing with all those twats around in football these days

Acole9

Outstanding
Good to see him make his debut tonight, I was expecting only 45 minutes from him. He looked very comfortable and looks like he's been wearing a United shirt for some time. I liked his interview at the end too, he looks really pleased to be here and comes across as a great guy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just watched the game. The guy absolutely bossed that half, sampdoria couldn't even get out their half, and when they did he was there disrupting everything.

Must admit I wasn't hugely excited but he's going to be a solid addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.