Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player, love how calm he is and the way he passes the ball. Playing against the best midfield in the world, he didn't look out of place.

Zoo

To perform like that for 90 minutes with no real preseason is quite something.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Added so much stability to us. Even if we aren't great in defence, I feel more confident with him playing already. Got lots of good tackles in and made himself known.

el3mel

Great player. His quality on the ball and a DMF is clear and obvious. He was facing their midfield on his own because Pogba and Herrera had a shocker expecially Herrera.

Will be a great addition to our team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Level above most of what we've got.

AndyJ1985

He's a great player and definitely what our midfield needed. He'll also probably add more to our attack than our attacking players.

R'hllor

You are really bunch of bitches, changing your opinions after just one game, stand your ground a bit. You wont be accepted back when he has poor game next time.

Zoo

You are really bunch of bitches, changing your opinions after just one game, stand your ground a bit. You wont be accepted back when he has poor game next time.
Give it a rest.

Suedesi

Great debut, was our best player today.

Very damning indication of our squad, considering he hasn't had a pre-season and joined a week ago.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's going to shut up all the people who didn't want him and Chelsea are going to look stupid for selling him to us

AXVnee7

Excellent game, but was left exposed at times in a game where 1 CDM wasn't going to be enough. He's not mobile enough to cover the ground which was has been my ongoing concern. But that just means we need to add more cover for him and we were better once Fellaini came on and added some steel to reinforce Matic.

Devil may care

Gotta give credit where credit is due, he read runs well, made interceptions and used the ball well, the best of the midfield 3 and just ahead of Valencia for MOTM.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
But he's a lumbering oaf, apparently.

Very good so far with the two matches we've seen.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Potentially a brilliant signing. Mourinho really knows how to get the best out of him.

tomaldinho1

Just a cool cucumber who can see a pass, can tackle and is mobile. Exactly what we needed.

Stacks

well done Matic. I am happy to eat humble pie and turn coat when necessary. If only his partners could step up today. He may prove very useful, as long as he doesn't gas.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I wasn't thrilled to sign him, but i'll gladly eat my words if he puts in more performances like that.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He's now our best player, and I wasn't on board with signing him initially. Football eh?

El-Manos

He was quality. Not afraid to admit I was sceptical of signing him. Hopefully he will continue to prove me wrong.

psychdelicblues

Was underwhelmed by the signing but very happy to be proved wrong. Only player apart from De Gea who would not have looked out of place if playing for the opposition. Pressed when necessary, and his distribution was excellent.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hope he inspire us to greater heights as well as create an implosion at Chelsea.

Could it be Makelele mark ii?

criticalanalysis

He was supposed to be a destroyer and people were calling him a "Chelsea reject" but he has put both Herrera and Pogba to shame when it comes to keeping possession and passing. Despite having only played 45 minutes in pre season and being new to the team.
This hurts to say because I'm a big fan of those two but what you're saying is so fecking true for this game.

He's been a different class. Hopefully these three can push each other and form something of a unit. There's absolutely no natural chemistry (in their natural game instincts) that I can see.

Oh isn't it great that we have bit of a central midfield threat? He doesn't need to score but opponents respect his long range shooting and with his decision making, he actually makes the right choices like his shot that lead to Lukaku's goal. The other two would have probably tried to pass off (a good pass probably as well) but if the space is opened up, you need just to hit the target in those areas of the pitch. Shots on goal create opportunities directly and indirectly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.