Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn’t like his performance, felt he took an age on the ball when quicker distribution was required, he was sloppy, okay not helped by his midfield partners but way off the standard we needed from him tonight.

Also his marking for corners was bad again.

Last edited:

kundalini

Got to be realistic about what Matic can reasonably be expected to do. He look tired, far too exposed. What on earth was going on at the corner from which they scored their 2nd goal ?

Bobski

Very bad, painful how slow the midfield looked with him and Fellaini. He has been good this season, mostly, but he is just a stopgap, we need a more dynamic option.

ti vu

Basically being left doing the midfield job alone. Fellaini is limited and used mostly to support Lukaku in the box which means he would take long to come back to support defense. Lingard is not central midfielder. He can put in a shift but not effective to win the ball back nor ignite an attack deep.

Unfortunately, Pogba sub was total disaster. Lingard was returned to advanced position, but Pogba didn't help. Basically left Matic to deal with all runners at once while also burdened to help getting the ball out from the back. Our defensive line was sloppy at it to begin with and with less help it turned into disaster. The first goal was what it was: poor sloppy build up, easy to read, and broken by opposition. Not enough number to stop the break and the chance was created very simple.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He definitely doesn’t have the skill set to go it alone with Pogba or Fellaini. Herrera or McTominay have to be there.

It’s a problem on an individual basis for our three favoured midfielders that they cannot play together at all.

Acole9

Outstanding
He needed to be more positive, in the second half he was doing an impression of Ray Wilkins with the sideways and backwards passing. He was partly to blame for the second goal as well.

Sylar

When did he last have a rest for us? Seems like he's played 90 minutes 6 or 7 games in a row if not more

Jaybomb

Fellaini and McTominay to start in our next game.

Matic looked slow tonight. He’s probably fecking knackered understandably.

izec

Yeah, i cant blame him. He was alone, Lingard and Fellaini (later Pogba) were not there. Offensively it wasnt easy. He is not Carrick or Scholes. Needs help in the summer in the midfield department

Devil may care

I used to subscribe to the theory that he was knackered, but in the games recently where he's played in a double pivot with McTominay he's looked fine, I think it's simply a case of him not having the mobility or engine to play as the lone DM, which is what he does when Pogba or Fellaini are in there as both wander off and have very poor positional discipline and awareness.

Bobski

We have been saying he looks tired since the start of October. Going to agree with DMC on this in that he lacks the mobility in a 2 man midfield, especially when the game opens up. Excellent when it is nice and compact, the team are defending as a unit, but otherwise he can be picked off.

Far too passive on the ball to go along with that. I criticize Pogba and his lack of leadership qualities, Matic deserves the same.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
For all the talk about him being exhausted and such, he really didn't look tired today.
That's because he had an actual midfielder next to him, rather than a sulking diva or big tree.

Ban

He's a machine, I like he goes forward a lot and try to make things happen with forward passes or dribbles. Great assist too.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Where would we be without him this season. Midfield would be non existent.

Zoo

The standout player on the pitch, he deserved his first Old Trafford goal.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
That is why I can't be having people slagging off Matic. He does the most work in the whole team, often at times running the midfield by himself. There is only so much grass one player can cover when his partner is jogging back, letting runners go, pressing half arsed etc.

Devil may care

I thought he wandered off a bit in the second half and left McTominay with too much to do, but he was good on the ball today, the best of a mediocre set of performances.

Web of Bissaka

Who the heck is this guy.

Partner him up with a good holding midfielder, and suddenly he turns into a creative B2B, more adventurous/attacking today unlike usual.

Good game, assist and goal. Expecting more goals from him from now on. And more left crossing, the delivery is so good and consistent.

Popovic

I don't know where we would be without him to tell you the truth. Both him and Lukaku have been the difference this season compared to last.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
So I don't criticise only today, we got to give Nemanja credit, the cross for me was the highlight of the game wish some of our wide players could deliver pieces like this. Topped it off with his second goal for United after a great cross by Young but his assist was just brilliant. We need to find him a midfield partner, suely we can find something better than poor McT.

Roberto420

Where would we be without him this season. Midfield would be non existent.
My old man was literally saying that as young was lining up the free was nice to see him get his 1st Old Trafford goal,think he's had a very good season overall the only regret is we didn't sign him when he was younger.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Finding his form again. Had to do everything in midfield on his own today and delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.