6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thejtrain

Wonder what we would have done if we'd not signed him! I really wish we signed him up when he was younger.

Acole9

Outstanding
It looks like he's finding form again at a very important time of the season.

Andersons Dietician

I kinda felt he had a very up and down game on Saturday. He the cross the header but at times he was the main culprit in killing all momentum. At one point he got rinsed from Smalling, Bailly and Valencia and I think Lingard because there was an easy ball out to the LB and he ignored it and played a pretty rubbish pass back.
There were a few other incidents much like in many of his games. Still can’t seem to get back to that early season form but I just found it a little weird he was singled out as an Island when he was also part of the issue.

Revaulx

He’s at his best when playing a more box to box role. When he’s content to (or told to) just sit in front of the back four a la Carrick he provides no attacking momentum whatever. It was good to see him get forward so much on Saturday.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It's a crying shame we've been knocked out of CL. Was very intrigued to see how he'd manage our midfield against one of the big-guns.

I adore the man.

Man Utd 2:0 Swansea

DoubleRevv

Consistently one of our better players. Deserves a lot of praise for his performance this season. Actually controls the midfield better than Pogba and think we will be much better if that central pair became a trio instead.

I hope that he is considered as the next captain of the club.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I actually thought he was poor today. Too many backward passes that weren't to recycle possession. He often took too many touches without releasing the ball and looked a bit slow at times. (Being slow is nothing new obviously)
Pogba controlled the game much better than he did today I reckon.

Web of Bissaka

It's a fine game, did more keeping possession around and defending wok today.

His passes found Pogba a lot more efficiently today.

:drool: That combo passes 2nd half among the midfield trio after Herrera comes on.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Sorry didn't know where else to put this.

I delivered a parcel to him yesterday, seems like a nice guy considering he was getting pestered on his door step on his day off by a random delivery guy.

Alabaster Codify7

In general, he's been an astute signing. Its a shame he's not about 3yrs younger, as the signs are already there that he's getting very tired and can't play week in week out next season while keeping up his performance levels. We need a rotation option big time, especially with Carrick retiring.

Varun

Staff
Sorry didn't know where else to put this.

I delivered a parcel to him yesterday, seems like a nice guy considering he was getting pestered on his door step on his day off by a random delivery guy.
Nice one!

Man City 2:3 Man Utd

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
This was the worst I've seen him play. We were lucky that Herrera and Pogba covered for him in the midfield. Gave the ball away a LOT today. And he looked slower than he usually does.

el3mel

First half was very poor as the rest. Second was good but Pogba and Herrera were better. That's all.

kundalini

Really awful today. His lack of pace was a huge problem as City players would run straight past him off the ball, into the open space after Bailly and Smalling had been drawn out of position. Almost no help to our defence today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This was the worst I've seen him play. We were lucky that Herrera and Pogba covered for him in the midfield. Gave the ball away a LOT today. And he looked slower than he usually does.
Agree. He really came unstuck when he had to choose a pass. Seemed to dwell on it a lot and give City chances to press. Was better in the second half when Herrera got close to him and offered him easy outballs. However, he showed the ways in which Carrick was better than him in that holding role today.

Hoboman

His passing is too safe and he loses the ball too often for a top class holding midfielder. He is also too slow to cover our defenders properly, which is one of the reason why our defense looks so vulnerable.
Had a good season but we could definately upgrade this position, especially regarding Matic's age.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I like him but he's hardly a certain starter, if we need to upgrade a position get an upgrade on Matic with someone muchmore mobile. someone who runs a lot and breaks up the play and is up to the tempo of the best teams, he's incredibly slow at times and leaves our defence very open and when his passing is not on, spending too much time on the ball and in the end loses it a lot he is really hopeless of a player. He should be rotating with Herrera more. He's not better, just taller but it is a team game played over a long time, all players should have their role. There are better players to get the best out of Pogba

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Not a great game from him, he usually is much more switched on when protecting the ball. Lacked a bit of vision and pace. Looked tired.
But overall he is still for me the best defensive midfielder in the league. I just love his style of play and a few misplaced passes each game isn't going to change that, he is so well-rounded. Dembele i think is quite similar but with the added bonus of pace, and there you have a player that could be a beast but as with most players he lacks what makes players like Matic top-class, and that is consistent reliability.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He might just be a sociopath. After watching him all season, I'm pretty confident about that. Watch him in games when we're not doing well - you notice everyone else's body language and effort and he always goes against the tide. I don't think he feels any emotion when he's playing. Just machine-like in operations.

Master Yoda

The stats dont lie. 43 appearences with second highest rating on the team. This kinda reminds me of last year with Chelsea. They all said Matic didnt contribute anything while he did play most of their games so that doesnt make much sense to me. Look where Chelsea is now. Matic has one visible weakness and thats pace. This weakness only gets exposed when the other midfielders are not having their day and Matic is forced to carry more weight than usual. Considering Pogba's ongoing poor form prior last match and the fact we dont have anyone better than McTom and fellaini to support Matic, I say we shouldnt be that harsh towards Matic.

Lets look at the bright side. We will finish second beating every single team this season. This already proves we have what it takes to win premier league after 4 disastrous seasons. We need one more world class CM, one solid midfielder as replacement if someone gets injured or fatiqued. We also have to look at our defenders. I know we love the feeling after a comeback, but we dont always have to give them the lead... We make poor mistakes in the back.
And last, we need a real captain someone who can lead the team or atleast talk for f sakes.

wythyred

Came here to give him some praise.

I think he has been a very consistent performer.

His playmaking ability is vastly underrated and when you watch him live his positional play is incredible.

Overall brilliant first season.

Bojan11

At fault for build up to their goal and corner.

Was playing too many sloppy passes.

MAME DIOUF 32

Good season, better than I'd hoped for, but he's had a few absolute stinkers and today was the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.