6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

After ages we'll have a proper midfield, with everyone playing in their best positions and on paper looks like the best in England

We're gonna win the league lads

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
After ages we'll have a proper midfield, with everyone playing in their best positions and on paper looks like the best in England

No I think we're still a quality player away from doing that. Unless Martial, Mkhitaryan or Rashford have a super season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he'll be vital for us this season. On the older side sure, but the contract length is exactly what we'd expect for that age (3 plus possibly 1 more) of him performing at the top. Price wise relatively normal all things considered in today's market. But him as a player is exactly what we needed and what Mourinho wants. He's someone comfortable on the ball, but also a tank defensively. He's not just a destroyer type but can actually pick out a pass and won't give it away stupidly or just be a liability on the ball. And gives us yet more height and physicality. Looking forward to seeing him with Herrera and Pogba in a midfield 3! Pogba especially should have a beastly season after these signings.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Starting to feel like a Mourinho side now. We are going to be very tough to beat, hopefully he will take the shackles off the front 3 now.

Morpheus 7

As others have said, we need to get him up to speed fitness wise. The man has had no pre season and we are in a super cup final in a week. I hope he's looked after himself this summer. We need him to hit the ground running.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
As others have said, we need to get him up to speed fitness wise. The man has had no pre season and we are in a super cup final in a week. I hope he's looked after himself this summer. We need him to hit the ground running.
I reckon he will get a half on Wednesday, some minutes in the SC final and then some minutes against WHU before making his first start.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Our wide options still lack goals. Add in a 15/20 goal winger and we can talk.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
De Gea
Lindelof Smalling Bailly
Valencia Herrera Matic Pogba Perisic
Lukaku Martial

De Gea
Valencia Bailly Jones Shaw
Matic
Herrera Pogba
Mkhitaryan Lukaku Perisic

Both solid teams, Matic will for sure be a starter and I think in the 433 will be better than he was in a 2 man midfield as he can do less legwork.

Pogba freed up by Matic will also be a beautiful sight.

Cmon Woody lets get Perisic

Coxy

Can I have some of what you're drinking pls?

el3mel

He'll do the job he'll be asked for pretty fine I'm sure about that. Will prove to be a key signing for our midfield.

Ekeke

Glad we signed him instead of Dier if both are similar fees. Hopefully a new start for him sees him return to his best.

Suv666

No I think we're still a quality player away from doing that. Unless Martial, Mkhitaryan or Rashford have a super season.
Reckon Martial and Mkhi definately will step it up a notch this season, imagine if we had banged in all the chances Zlatan missed, we'd be in the title mix easily. With Lukaku on the books and Pogba playing a bit foward, we have a decent chance

Suv666

Reckon Pogba is going to score 10+ goals easily. If we can get Martial and Mkhi to fire on all cylinders, we might have a title winning team on our hands

Sigma

Is probably our best/most balanced team when everyone is fit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Reckon Martial and Mkhi definately will step it up a notch this season, imagine if we had banged in all the chances Zlatan missed, we'd be in the title mix easily. With Lukaku on the books and Pogba playing a bit foward, we have a decent chance
I think we need Lukaku to score 20-25 league goals
Martial and Mkhi to score combined 25 league goals
Rashford 10-15
Pogba 5-10
Mata 5-10

We will probably concede few goals so we might not need so many.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

And not a single English player is in there, it speaks volumes about the state of English football.

With that being said, for 35 million, Matic is a decent signing as he will provide further balance to the squad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That can be martial and mkhitaryan in all comps. Our attack is a lot of young potential so you dont want to spend a ton and risk missing out on that when we could have rashford and martial both develop into players who are worth over 50m. Hell, martial in his first season alone showed he can score between 15-20 as a winger. Just needs hos confidence back.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Impossible to have balance with Darmian at left back. We need a proper winger too as an option. That team is really good but has 0 width.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm sure Mourinho would have loved Kane and Dier as much as Lukaku and Matic, but the English lads would have cost a shed load more.
There's no denying that but that wasn't my point. I simply wanted to mention the issue of the English national team simply being rather average relative to the financial possibilites of the clubs in the PL.

Those are the English players the top teams used regularly last season:

Chelsea:
Gary Cahill - 41 appearances

Manchester City:
Raheem Sterling - 47 appearances
John Stones - 40 appearances

Arsenal:
Theo Walcott - 29 appearances
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain - 27 appearances
Kieran Gibbs - 18 appearances
Rob Holding - 17 appearances
Danny Welbeck - 10 apperances - I'm listing him because, if it wasn't for injury reasons, he probably would've played more often.

Liverpool:
James Milner - 38 apperances
Adam Lallana - 29 apperances
Jordan Henderson - 27 apperances
Daniel Sturridge - 11 apperances - see Welbeck

Manchester United
Marcus Rashford - 30 apperances
Michael Carrick - 30 apperances
Chris Smalling - 29 apperances
Jesse Lingard - 28 apperances
Phil Jones - 25 apperances
Wayne Rooney - 25 appearances
Luke Shaw - 17 apperances

Tottenham:
Dele Alli - 50 apperances
Eric Dier - 48 apperances
Kyle Walker - 39 apperances
Harry Kane - 38 appearances
Harry Winks - 33 apperances
Kieran Trippier - 22 apperances
Danny Rose - 21 apperances

We were actually doing quite well relatively speaking. Nonetheless, the amount of players used, but particularly the quality of players is poor for a country with the financial abilities of England.

AshRK

Wow he looked so classy. He reads the game so well. I still can't believe Chelsea sold him. I have a feeling this will be the steal of the transfer. The guy is vastly underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.