Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

automaticflare

Constantly exposed in big games playing in a 2 man midfield
He is trying to cover delli Alli son and eriksen who are all dropping in and out of his space and he is getting run around

kps88

Compare him now to what he looked like at the start of the season and it's night and day.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looks like he needs a rest but our midfield would be in a far worse state without him. Pogba's dissapearing act not helping him in this game either.

On the bright side, at least we know Mourinho wants to strengthen this position.

Devil may care

Hope people that say Matic has a lot of job to do, realice how good was Michael Carrick. He was a one-man midfield for around 5 years.
Yep, positionally he's nowhere near as good as Carrick was and he doesn't have the legs to make up for it, Spurs are breezing past him.

Robbie Boy

One of the lads in our Viber group (United fan) just called him "a shit left footed Glenn Whelan". Lol.

walkinhop

Same thing from the Pogba thread. People have eyes for the simple and see him making mistakes. The truth is that those 2 don't work in a double against the better teams.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's played a number of passes when he has time straight to Tottenham players.
That's true, he's not been good. But we've got our tactics wrong tonight.

Him, Jones and Smalling dallying on the ball and inviting pressure sure doesn't help, that much is true, but without the ball he's asked to do the impossible tonight.

Canagel

This guy has been shocking. I don't know why he's so leggy and lethargic. He's playing like a 35 year old.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Is that making him pass to the opposition?
Well, yeah, being put under pressure by a couple of players with no team mates near you will probably result in a few more stray passes.

Don't get me wrong, he's not played well, but this outcome is entirely predictable when you look at the two lineups.

James Peril

Very slow, doesn’t handle high pressure well. Which makes it strange for Mourinho to play with a midfield-2.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played 1 game in 15 days. Caf says he needs a rest.

Robbie Boy

Well, yeah, being put under pressure by a couple of players with no team mates near you will probably result in a few more stray passes.

Don't get me wrong, he's not played well, but this outcome is entirely predictable when you look at the two lineups.
I think he avoids criticism on here for some bizarre reason. For me, he started well here and has been fairly average to poor for months now. You're right, he isn't suited to a midfield two with Pogba, especially against better teams.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hope people that say Matic has a lot of job to do, realice how good was Michael Carrick. He was a one-man midfield for around 5 years.
That's why I rate Carrick very highly. If we opt for a 3 man midfield his performances, in my opinion, will rise again. He's good but can't do it all alone.

champp1nho

Anyone else irritated because this guy has only one leg. So frustrating to watch.... left left left left

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Fair to say that he’s trended to average after a very convincing start. Still a step up from the other options we have, mind, but that seems about it.

el3mel

Shocking.

He has no legs anymore to run these top games alone in the midfield without a proper support. We can get with it in easy games but against any top teams with this Matic-Pogba combination our midfield will get passed out easily.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked absolutely dead on his feet, think Jose could have covered the pitch quicker than him today.

Did Chelsea pump him with 6 week long steroids before he joined us? looks absolutely knackered.

kundalini

If it wasn't for Phil Jones' performance tonight, that would have been a strong contender for worst display this season. Horrendous.

Park's Petrified Pooch

He just looked so disinterested. Sloppy passes. Not sprinting to cover spaces. Weak in tackles. Positionally poor. There was a general malaise throughout the team, but for me Matic was the worst of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.