Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedIan

Great game, a very under appreciated player imo. We would miss him if he wasnt there allowing Pogba that freedom.

Johan07

I was one of those who was really worried about how he would do in a more offensive and high-press setup. But he has been excellent so far since OGS took over. He was good today again. Respect.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Never gave up from him and now i am glad because of that. He is playing great. New player under Ole.

kundalini

I thought he had a poor first half, presented them with a decent chance clearing the ball right into the danger area, Schurrle's shot deflected over, then booked before half-time. Much better in the 2nd half.

Wayne's World

Most improved player under Ole (We all knew how good Rashford and Pogba can be) but I didn't see it in him. Thought he was finished but he's been very impressive since Mourinho has left

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Called it before that Matic would take an important role in this team.

He's clearly a very good player, but expected to be a "Makelele" under Mourinho. His similarity to Carrick is uncanny. He doesn't have Carrick passing range and playmaking, but is a bit more skillful on the ball, and a lot more physical when pressing.

el3mel

Great player to have in such form. His combination with Herrera brings the best out of each other and provide good base for Pogba to attack.

He's top notch in building from the back and passing when we're controlling the ball.

Aint gota Kalou

Really hope he doesn't run out of steam. Showing great form and is now one of our most important players. His phyiscal ability and his dribbling is really underrated.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Really hope he doesn't run out of steam. Showing great form and is now one of our most important players. His phyiscal ability and his dribbling is really underrated.
He has bags of experience, and has looked so much better during Ole's reign. The only thing I worry about is his covering the back four. He tends to let players run past him into attacking positions, and very often when he does track back, he is invariably half a yard behind. I think this position is one we need to rectify during the summer. I have no doubt that Matic can go on another season, but he has 'run out of steam' before, so needs to be managed correctly. Don't think we have a like for like player to drop into his position, but if we played 4-4-2, with 3 Cm's and Pogba as a 10, then that could make the team more solid. Both full backs would need to attack a lot more for this to work properly.

Man Utd 0:2 PSG

Devil may care

He had some decent moments but I think the midfield 3 of him, Herrera and Pogba lacks the all round mobility against teams like this, they had 2 in there against our 3 for the most part but the movement to recieve the ball from Maquinhos and Verratti meant they were able to create a quicker tempo to their play.

Welbeckham

In fault for their winning goal. I still think he is one that should be replaced. Too slow, sloppy and error prone.

Ace of Spades

He had some decent moments but I think the midfield 3 of him, Herrera and Pogba lacks the all round mobility against teams like this, they had 2 in there against our 3 for the most part but the movement to recieve the ball from Maquinhos and Verratti meant they were able to create a quicker tempo to their play.
Yeah, we need to try something different now. He should be a squad player, not a starter.

Based Adnan

Has always been shocking from set pieces which is strange because he's bloody massive

Thought he was among our better outfield players aside from that but the mistake cost us big time as we attacked more after which ended up in us conceding the 2nd.

Minimalist

Probably my MOTM for United, despite the first goal. Him and Herrera were actually really good in spite of the one-way traffic.

tomaldinho1

Despite the criminal decision to stop marking at the corner, I actually though he was decent. He is a bit immobile but in possession was tidy and is able to hold onto the ball really well

Treble

True. Matic and Pogba aren't the best pressing unit out there and not the most press-resistent either. Going through this midfield isn't hard for quality teams.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was very good. Apart from the goal, which was just terrible. And such an avoidable error pretty much cancels out his good performance. Shame.

How can someone so massive be so shit at set pieces. His positioning is good, and when he actually wins headers he makes good contact. But he just freezes. It's baffling.

edcunited1878

Shame his mental lapse for the goal will take away from his performance tonight. It was the best of the central midfield players. Able to carry the ball forward into space, which was given to him and Ander with Pogba left with nothing for the majority of the match. Sprayed some good balls out wide as well and tried to keep the ball moving at a good tempo.

ash_86

Has Matic been good under Ole? Sadly i don't rate him anywhere near what people are rating him in here. I feel Matic slows us down.

Patrick08

Jesus no. Pogba was dreadful.
Direct fault for first goal, got caught on the counter for second goal in the middle. Team's know he is our weak link without the ball, you get at him quickly and play around him quickly, he has zero influence in controlling the play.

Passed it sideways on the ball and not forwards, and was taking too much time on the ball when he had to set our tempo in possession specially when going behind.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Another inspired Mourinho signing that needs replacing.

Kag

He was actually very good up until the mistake at the corner. Just mentioning this as idiots will refuse to register it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I really thought he is improving, and he actually played quite well, but senior player and defensive player can't lose a player like that. It's incredible how many goals we have conceeded because of him this season.

He was fine apart from the goal. He has a habit of switching off on set pieces for some reason.

Patrick08

He was actually very good up until the mistake at the corner. Just mentioning this as idiots will refuse to register it.
Sadly the game is 90 mins. Though I would not say very good until the first goal as well. He was okay as expected, but he runs out of steam pretty quickly.

Sylar

I thought he was fantastic first half. Did well to get us going forward

However him just stopping and allowing their man to score killed us

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I was always a Carrick fan, so I wonder if the people who gave him stick in his time at United looks at Matic and realises what an excellent player Carrick was.

kundalini

Started off looking like our best performer, then got a bit careless late in the first half. At fault for their goal from a corner as he failed to mark his man. Most of his passing, tackles and interceptions was decent.

Grande

Has Matic been good under Ole? Sadly i don't rate him anywhere near what people are rating him in here. I feel Matic slows us down.
Yes, he has been one of the most important players, hence why Solskjær (and Carrick) let’s everybody rest except him, even though we all know he needs it. I think Carrick is one to understand the importance and influence of Matic.

Bobski

Started really well, easily our best player in the first 30. Once it became clear that Pogba was being allowed no space I wanted him to take more responsibility in looking for penetrative passes. That is where a Carrick was so invaluable, brilliant at the continuity game but also had the range and vision to play the ball into dangerous areas when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.