Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Matic with pace would be the best DM in the world. Wouldn't have to make silly fouls if he was confident of catching up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was pleased with how he handled the game while one foul away from a red.

el3mel

The way he controlled his temper after that foul was excellent and proved his experience.

Underrated player by many fans. Love him.

Ekeke

Couple of nice passes today, his 2nd foul after he was booked was stupid. Very unlucky with the first one where he clearly got the ball, but he took a big risk with that 2nd one and luckily we didnt pay for it. Ander did most of the ball winning again, but Matic did play a role closing down too.

Devil may care

Solid game defensively, not a lot with the ball but did well to see the game out on a tightrope for 35 minutes, if the shoe was on the other foot we'd have wanted the player sent off for that second yellow foul.

dogwithabone

Great game tonight and that was a real show of trust from Ole not to sub him with half hour left and him teetering on the brink of seeing red if he committed one more niggly foul.

Rozski

Probably should have seen a second yellow but was very impressed with his discipline after that. Really repayed Ole’s trust in him there. Very good game for us today.

Alemar

Were they yellow worthy?
His foul on Kante for sure was. I thought it was all over for him (provided it was his 2nd foul in 60 seconds). OGS was taking huge risks not substituting him immediately thereafter

Kostov

I was screaming at the TV for him to be taken off. He was lucky that the referee didn't let the pressure get to him, he should have been taken off right after his yellow.

Irwin99

A lot of yellow cards this season it seems :nervous:. Played well, especially covering the spaces in midfield.

Andersons Dietician

Have to say I wanted him here as I thought he’d be great for Pogba and initially he started brilliant then faded a few months in and I thought his time here was done as he was just not very good, but this turn around since Ole has arrived, it’s like new life has been breathed in to him, completely different player.

Occasionally the odd mistake and yeah sometime soon he’ll probably need replacing but keep playing this well and just ride it out. Props to him for surviving that 30 minutes without getting sent off because the slightest touch and he was gone. Thought it was funny as you could see the hesitation at times. You could see he was away to stick a leg in then he’d think better of it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Could have seen red, but I knew the ref wouldn't give it because we were consistent about our pressure. City get away with these each game and that is no joke, each fecking game.. so I was happy we pushed it a bit instead of him backing off too early to perhaps afford Chelsea enough space to equalise. I suppose he was a bit naive and got lucky but I like that we expressed ourselves and took risk instead of backing off. I certainly have to believe we'd change our approach on this if Oliver was picked as the ref. Teams keep getting away with stuff like this so we have to play the game the same way to make it fair. If we can use it to our advantage.

Matic has his moments each game where he does something stupid, but his presence, shielding, pressing and passing is generally of great importance to us and some of it goes unnoticed while his mistakes are being highlighted. His combination of strength and technique is really good. Him and Pogba makes an excellent combo. We should win many duels in midfield and use that to our advantage in quick transitions. Herrera involved too is just making them a lot more effective.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was good, maybe somewhat lucky not to see red card but overall he had good game and played last 30-35 mins with 'no tackle' rule.

It also shows how highly Ole rates him.

ROFLUTION

Somehow Herrera also makes him look better by closing down space, so he doesn't get into too many sticky situations. Besides the PSG goal, Matic has been a nice anchor on the field. So glad he didnt get send off, because we badly need him against Liverpool

Fracture90

Sloppy at the beginning but once he settled down he was great. The reason he wasn't sent off is because a moment before that faul on Kante, he got called for phantom faul on Hazard.

It's obvious he's one of the most important players to Ole's tactics, and he enables Pogba and Herrera to shine, but he really, really needs to be subbed off at times, he's clearly getting exhausted after 60 minutes.

Kapardin

Sloppy at the beginning but once he settled down he was great. The reason he wasn't sent off is because a moment before that faul on Kante, he got called for phantom faul on Hazard.

It's obvious he's one of the most important players to Ole's tactics, and he enables Pogba and Herrera to shine, but he really, really needs to be subbed off at times, he's clearly getting exhausted after 60 minutes.
We don't have an adequate replacement. McTominay might do a job but definitely not Pereira.

But Matic is a tank. Plays every minute of every game without letting his level drop too much over the course of the season. Considering his fitness, we might get another 2 years out of him atleast.

Fracture90

We don't have an adequate replacement. McTominay might do a job but definitely not Pereira.

But Matic is a tank. Plays every minute of every game without letting his level drop too much over the course of the season. Considering his fitness, we might get another 2 years out of him atleast.
That's also true, think the reason we extended MCT is for Ole to try and mold him a bit to fit that role.

Sylar

Did really well after his final warning. Was screaming for him to be subbed off.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
His foul on Kante for sure was. I thought it was all over for him (provided it was his 2nd foul in 60 seconds). OGS was taking huge risks not substituting him immediately thereafter
Would be outrage if he saw red and rightly so

Harold_Giles

Am i being too optimistic in thinking this is part of some mind games?
This travelling squad, how concrete is it? Isn't it possible, for example, something came up and he will join the squad tomorrow morning.
Ffs.. the nerves are kicking in big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.