Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He was one of our best performers last season and literally carried us in some of our big games. ALL of our midfielders look slow on the ball, ponderous, too many touches because nothing is happening around them.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He was one of our best performers last season and literally carried us in some of our big games. ALL of our midfielders look slow on the ball, ponderous, too many touches because nothing is happening around them.
He is an example of why so many of us have been cautious of a Mourinho’s transfer policy of buying players so close to 30 years old. Fantastic last season and a sharp decline this season.

So glad we didn’t spend £70 fecking million on Willian.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He is an example of why so many of us have been cautious of a Mourinho’s transfer policy of buying players so close to 30 years old. Fantastic last season and a sharp decline this season.

Do you think he's declined or that we just aren't playing well as a team? I think it's the former.

Ace of Spades

He was good till about new year last season, the second half of a season since he was average. This season he has gotten worse.

mewnew11

Ha has this annoying habit of strolling with the ball for a few seconds before passing the ball. Kills any chance of a counter

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Perfect example why you don't pay big bucks for old players. If the next guy deems him surplus, doubt we'd recoup half of our outlay.

Bobski

Perfect example why you don't pay big bucks for old players. If the next guy deems him surplus, doubt we'd recoup half of our outlay.
This, looks as if the WC has killed him, moving like an old man out there.

Exactly we paid 40mil for basically 1 good season if that. Complete waste of money!

Robbie Boy

I got verbally abused on here by the holier-than-though crew when I had serious reservations about signing him. Apparently they all knew better than me, being true football fans and all that.

Robbie Boy

Not for the age profile, but add Maguire to that list.

Loublaze

ATLien
I got verbally abused on here by the holier-than-though crew when I had serious reservations about signing him. Apparently they all knew better than me, being true football fans and all that.
He was one of our best performers last season though but he did suffer from burnout in the second half of the season.

Alabaster Codify7

Said it in another thread, said it in the summer.

Nemanja Matic is on his way out. He has always been slow and cumbersome, he's hit 30 and he's only going to rapidly go downhill from here. He should no longer be a starting 11 player and we should have bought a rotation option for him this summer and phased him out.

As a Carrick type squad option, he's welcome to stick around.

As a starting 11 player, he can feck off. He hasn't been here long enough to warrant any sort of goodwill account from our fans. The man has fast become a liability.

Bobski

He was one of our best performers last season though but he did suffer from burnout in the second half of the season.
Good first 3 months and then been running on fumes ever since. He also limits how the team can play given how immobile he is. God I wish Carrick was still around, different level of player entirely.

Loublaze

ATLien
Good first 3 months and then been running on fumes ever since. He also limits how the team can play given how immobile he is. God I wish Carrick was still around, different level of player entirely.
You're not being completely honest here. Carrick was slower than Matic, less technical and less skillful with the ball at his feet but his passing and positioning was superior. Matic is not as immobile as most of his critics say he is.

Bobski

You're not being completely honest here. Carrick was slower than Matic, less technical and less skillful with the ball at his feet but his passing and positioning was superior. Matic is not as immobile as most of his critics say he is.
Matic can do the odd nice dribble forward and he does have an occasional change of pace. Being immobile is not necessarily the same as being slow. I don't consider Lukaku particularly mobile(partly his static movement) but his top speed is ridiculous. Carrick's passing was leagues above what Matic is capable of, moved the ball much quicker, it sticks with Matic too often and then he will settle for a neutral pass. I actually think Matic is capable of more as a passer, just doesn't seem comfortable being more aggressive.

Patrick08

Matic can do the odd nice dribble forward and he does have an occasional change of pace. Being immobile is not necessarily the same as being slow. I don't consider Lukaku particularly mobile(partly his static movement) but his top speed is ridiculous. Carrick's passing was leagues above what Matic is capable of, moved the ball much quicker, it sticks with Matic too often and then he will settle for a neutral pass. I actually think Matic is capable of more as a passer, just doesn't seem comfortable being more aggressive.
And chelsea replaced him with Jorginho.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Irritates me the way he strolls around when we're losing 2-0 like we are winning 3-0

CM

The amount of times his shite performances of last season were brushed under the carpet as 'he looks fatigued' became a bit of a running joke. It's only now that he's carried them into this season that it has got to the point where it is impossible to ignore.

Matic is more or less symptomatic of the lifeless football we're playing at the moment. He's sluggish in and out of possession and hasn't done anything to justify his continual selection this season. I'm convinced playing Pereira in his place would make a world of difference but heaven forbid Mourinho drops one of his warriors.

The amount of times his shite performances of last season were brushed under the carpet as 'he looks fatigued' became a bit of a running joke. It's only now that he's carried them into this season that it has got to the point where it is impossible to ignore.

Matic is more or less symptomatic of the lifeless football we're playing at the moment. He's sluggish in and out of possession and hasn't done anything to justify his continual selection this season. I'm convinced playing Pereira in his place would make a world of difference but heaven forbid Mourinho drops one of his warriors.
It would - as we saw against Leicester we move the ball so much quicker when he's not there.

Greck

Slowing down the game is exactly why Chelsea fans wanted him gone. In fact i thought the snail pace we used last season camouflaged how fecking slow he is to do anything with the ball. Now we're trying to increase tempo in midfield but he's incapable of doing that

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s the reason why we finished above most heavy competition in 2nd last year. Unfortunately he seems to have physically regressed massively and finds himself chasing shadows. However, it’s not as simple as just putting perreira in midfield because there’s multiple factors of play that depend on Matic physicality and as the way things are, perreira would distrupt it. Solution is to bring in a new manager with a different style of play.

rotherham_red

He was fecking shit. Again took an average of 5 touches before releasing the ball, with it more often than not going backwards. And even in his main job of shielding the back 4 he was MIA.

Yet we have some of us on here thinking he was a bright spark. In midfield. In a game where West Ham were made to look like Barca by said midfield.

LingiBW

If we were to sell him, which teams would be inclined to get him?

Devil may care

If he danced on Instagram and dyed his hair in various colours I'm sure we'd see a lot more criticism of him, he's been off since midway through last season, his stamina is really poor and his mobility, or lack thereof, is getting worse. What I don't get is I thought we bought Fred to put some dynamism and legs next to him, cover that ground he can't, yet we keep playing him and Fellaini instead of one or the other.

Canagel

We can't play free flowing attacking football with players like Matic. Should be one of the first to go with Mourinho.

Robbie Boy

It’s a joke how he has generally seemed immune to criticism. He started well - which was more than I even expected from him - but he’s been poor for a long while now.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
One of the players which happened to be a caf favourite so got away with almost anything here. definitely not a better player than herrera which makes us play slow football. I like him but he should be a squadie and posible shifted to CB if we wanna use him at all to up our game

Status
Not open for further replies.