Position: Midfielder - Defensive Midfield
Foot: left
Player Agent: Universal Sports Group
Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Contract option: Option for a further year​

MS4

@GifLord Can we please get the backheel build up play from Matic at around Minute 27

Ace of Spades

Hopefully with a good rest, and better management of his game time he will offer a lot more this season if we are keeping him.

kiristao

I am not sure he is the right man to play the holding role in a team that plans to press. Against teams that press us he will be useful in bringing the composure required.

Ace of Spades

We need to sign a DM for that otherwise he will play a lot like last season. Matic always starts the season better.
I agree, but it does not look like he will be leaving, so can only hope for the best.

R'hllor

We need to sell him and get 2 DMs in, sadly i wouldnt be surprised that lunatics offer him contract extension, maybe if he accepts being squad player but not sure about that one.

Irwin99

Could be our only 'proper' DM for the entire season (still think Fred and McT are more number 8s). I don't think anyone can say Matic has been a fantastic signing for us. Hope he turns it around but i'm not optimistic. Been quite disappointing overall.

Njord

Think his attempt at following Sigurdsson in the Everton game should be enough for him never playing for United again. If he didn't try his all he should be finished at United, and if he gave it his all, he's finished at the top level.

Alabaster Codify7

If we sign Maguire, I genuinely think our defence will perform much much better next season with AWB involved too.

Our achilles heel is going to be Matic starting as CDM every game more or less and our attack. McTominay offers more in terms of energy and mobility but less in terms of passing ability, so it's a moot point who starts for me in that position. We'll still be weak.

R'hllor

If they dont want to buy a starting DMC, Matic can not be allowed to start games for us, no way, nope, dont even think about it.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
The bit where the leeds player just burst through the middle and Matic sort of jogged near him was amazing. So finished.

Patrick08

The bit where the leeds player just burst through the middle and Matic sort of jogged near him was amazing. So finished.
This was the perfect time to sell him to an Italian club or a Epl club wanting him and get some money back to reinvest in a useful player. Don't know why the board keeps on collecting dead woods.

We have never replaced fellani it feels.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He did that every time last season. I don’t understand how some people think this guy isn’t deadwood (should be the first name to be sold). I’m surprised Ole still see something in him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Should hurt his pride that McTominay is more willing to knock the ball from deep or play the switch pass.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Getting so sick of his languid, casual style, gives me horror flashbacks of the turgidness of last season. McTominay should be clear favourite as starter right now, we need Matic gone. Longstaff looks a good shout if we can summon the Man Utd tax for it.

R'hllor

Sell him while we can, in worst case scenario let him be a bench warmer, for the love of God dont let him be a starter.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Despite not being good enough for the last 18 months, he just doesn't fit the style of play Ole is wanting to implement. If we are going to press as relentlessly as this, we need a DM who can cover large amounts of ground on the off chance a teams breaks through the press.

el3mel

He's really slow. Slows everything done it's annoying to watch. He doesn't even pass the ball quick.

Shouldn't be a started this season. Scott should be ahead of him in this position.

Andersons Dietician

As someone who is normally quite critical of him didn’t think he was really that bad today. Actually thought he played well and did his job well.

ravi2

He stuck out today like a sore thumb.
If he is starting games for us we are going to be in trouble

kundalini

I thought he had a good game. Unlucky to hit the post with his header from a corner.

Godfather

It's a shame as his positioning and reading of the game is very very good. But he really has become so so slow.

MAME DIOUF 32

I'll be very, very worried if he starts games in a midfield two, particularly with our new pressing style. He's nowhere near mobile enough to do it.

3KDré

Played well. Looks like he’s one of those players that will get slagged off on here, irrespective of the actual performance.
He does the simple things well but you could see as soon as McTominay came on he passes forward more often, his long passes are better and he presses a lot better too.

Ace of Spades

He was decent, but a lot of the same problems kept cropping up. He slows things too much, and worse was far too cowardly in possession.

I would sell him and look for a replacement.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I would like to see us start most games with McTominay and Pogba for a more dynamic midfield and after a couple of goals we can have Matic come in because we are much better at keeping possession with him in the side, it just isn't always the most progressing style in terms of attacking, it all gets a bit convoluted, slow and stagnant. Not only his fault but its his style and he simply struggles to get the pace up in our play when we need to switch it up. McTominay plays it safe but he is good at taking the risk if he needs to, and he is a lot more mobile in the press.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s just too slow to press and his footwork isn’t fast enough in tight areas.

He’s still a decent squad option but he does nothing that fred or mctominay can’t do IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.