Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was good again I thought, I was a big critic last season but has been far better this year, really helped us settle down in the match even if it was too little too late. He's certainly a no-brainer ahead of Pereira in that 2nd midfield spot, gives us the benefit of being able to stick Pereira a bit further forward which then means Lingard doesn't play.
Too slow and one of the reasons why we lost today. Hopefuly we sell Matic. Fred cant do it on his own and is dragged down by static players like Matic as shown in the first half. Matic never should have played. Get him out
Doesn't seem like you watched the game as Matic didn't play the first half, you shouldn't really comment if you haven't watched the match.

Foxbatt

Was good again I thought, I was a big critic last season but has been far better this year, really helped us settle down in the match even if it was too little too late. He's certainly a no-brainer ahead of Pereira in that 2nd midfield spot, gives us the benefit of being able to stick Pereira a bit further forward which then means Lingard doesn't play.

Doesn't seem like you watched the game as Matic didn't play the first half, you shouldn't really comment if you haven't watched the match.
Agree with you. Where do these WUMs appear from?

Unitedlife

Too slow and one of the reasons why we lost today. Hopefuly we sell Matic. Fred cant do it on his own and is dragged down by static players like Matic as shown in the first half. Matic never should have played. Get him out
Did you even watch the game? Or you just here to increase your post count?

flappyjay

Why are you embarrassing yourself?

flappyjay

Can believe what i am reading, oh i hope they extend his contract, some dont deserve anything better. He was dead on bench till recently and for good reason, then that ruffle feather bullshit, people really forgetting fast in here. If they trigger that one extra year and not sell him in the summer then there is no point loosing your shit about United corp.
Thank you. Short memories, fair play to him since coming back he has been decent. But that doesn't erase how crap he was for long stretches last season.

romufc

Just goes to show that what happens when you have someone with experience in the midfield. Matic is not a superstar but was made to look like one because we lack it so badly.

Even if we can get a loan signing like Rakitic or VIdal just to help us.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I thought he looks slow and lazy today as always ball watching. What did he do today that convince people he did well?

Kostov

It just goes to show how shambolic our midfield is. He brought some stability, but it was still a shit performance. I also goes to show that Fred is not even that much better, just the best out of a shocking bunch.

Maticmaker

Sometime back there was some talk that whilst Matic was fit again Ole didn't fancy him, the implication being Matic is one of the 'yesterdays men' we had to get out of the club?
The real reason seemed to be that with Pogba fit and McTominay growing in stature every game, we could let Matic go. How things have changed. I honestly believed that if Matic hadn't have been brought on a half time, even though City clearly eased off, we would have lost by 5 or 6 goals.
Matic has played well in the few matches where he's been used. Yes, he does get one or two passes wrong, but if you observe carefully its because in most cases the intended recipient of the pass, was 'ball watching', or static and slow to respond. His first touch on the ball last night saw him move forward, take on two City players and set Williams up with a run down the left flank.

Given the shortages we currently have in mid-field I sincerely hope the reason Ole didn't start with Matic last night was because he was saving him for the Norwich game and/or that Matic was carrying a slight knock.

Red00012

Matic was static but he was supposed to be static because he was sitting on the bench for the 1st half.

In Rainbows

Thought he was good, and I'm far from being a fan. Want him sold, but I can't fault him for that specific performance. Thought he was really trying to pass between the lines, and this helped us start some attacks.

Man Utd 4:0 Norwich

Yagami

Good post resistant
We need a younger version of him. Bar Pogba, his composure under pressure, along with his passing, is on another level to our other CMs, though Fred is decent.

Amrabat has his composure along with Fred's tenacity, but Napoli have sewn him up.

Master Yoda

Another clean sheet for Matic. I take my words back. Stats dont lie. I would even dare to include that 2nd half against City as well.

slored1

He has actually been alright since coming back from injury. Good again today.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He has quality on the ball, which is vital in a role where you see so much of it. Fair play to him.

He'sRaldo

He has quality on the ball, which is vital in a role where you see so much of it. Fair play to him.
Yup it's not always about athleticism, sometimes you need some quality. Him and Mata showed that today.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What happen to him? He suddenly look like a new signing.

AshRK

He has been really good since his comeback. Will not sell him for now.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's been very good since coming back into the team the last few games.

Of course, Matic has history of having a run of form for a while when something changes, but then once things settles down he drifts out of form again (and each time it seems the run of good form gets shorter). Good for Chelsea for a couple of seasons, iffy last two seasons. Good first half a season when he joined us, then fairly poor. Good one or two months when Ole first took over, then poor. And now - good few games when he's lost his first team spot. We'll see how long it lasts this time. Hopefully at least until McTominay is back.

El Jefe

I've always backed him here. Sure he's no longer at his best but when his games are managed well he normally produces. There's been games where he's played alright but due to the herd mentality on here he'll be criticised to no end.

Happy that he's proving Ole and the rest of his doubters wrong with some of his recent displays.

Mindhunter

His performance today was due to the freedom and space he got in midfield. Norwich barely closed him down as they were stacked up against their own goal for most of the game. In a higher intensity game, he would be the same sluggish and moribund pole in the middle.

He can obviously play a role in these type of games where we anticipate having the most possession but he shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 against top teams. Unfortunately, the current crisis we have in midfield will promote him to the starting 11.

Master Yoda

He can obviously play a role in these type of games where we anticipate having the most possession but he shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 against top teams. Unfortunately, the current crisis we have in midfield will promote him to the starting 11.
Im not buying that argument anymore. Matic looked solid against City as well.

RedIan

Great game he was class again today, well under marked by this forum. He has improved the team since his return. Composed and solid rarely fecks up. Positionally excellent and makes the right pass, a calming influence in a young team.

Walters_19_MuFc

I actually think since he's come back into the team, he's been really good. He's never going to all of a sudden become more dynamic and give us bags of energy, but experience can go a long way. Just about finding that balance. With the legs of Fred around him, we had that balance. Another steady game from Matic.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Been our best player since coming back into the team. The following is remarkable:
  • In the 23 games Matic has not started, we have kept only 3 clean sheets.
  • Matic has started 10 games this season and we have kept 8 clean sheets in those games.
We even kept a second half clean sheet against City midweek when he came on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He uses his large frame really really well... As soon as he gets it between the ball and the opposition they have very little chance of getting to it, even with how slow he is.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Finally a positive performance. People had overrated his performance against Arsenal & City, I thought those Games he was ball watching, but this time he was definitely more discipline in defending, even better than the Burnley game. However, we are talking about Norwich here, against a team who is more fluid is where the big question will appear, I’m worry with the Liverpool game.

Been our best player since coming back into the team. The following is remarkable:
  • Matic has started 10 games this season and we have kept 8 clean sheets in those games.
Needlessly alienated. Still a very useful player and we’d have more points now if the management hadn’t cut of their nose to spite their face.

Thankfully they have got him back involved and he’s showing that he can still do a job here.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I actually think since he's come back into the team, he's been really good. He's never going to all of a sudden become more dynamic and give us bags of energy, but experience can go a long way. Just about finding that balance. With the legs of Fred around him, we had that balance. Another steady game from Matic.
I must admit, I was all for letting him go in January, but he has added some stability to our midfield, alongside Fred and Pereira, who can do all the running for him, he has the experience. My problem with him was that he has been slow in picking up runners into our box, and he doesn't have the pace to catch up, but we have a stronger defence this season, so his lack of mobility is not such an issue. I would keep him in the team for now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was really good again today, we look very solid with him in the team, which was bound to be the case as he’s our only natural DM, his passing is exceptionally useful. We really need to be looking at a DLP/DM this window and summer, I’d Ben half tempted to give Garner some minutes and see how he gets on if we can’t sign someone immediate. Fair play to Solskjaer as well, barring a few notable exceptions (Shaw, Jones and Lingard) he seems to have got most of the squad individually playing quite well.

LJJT

That is an amazing stat. Must admit I wanted him out and didn’t think he could do it any more but since Burnley he’s played well. Yet he was shocking in the arsenal defeat which worries me for the future big games

Status
Not open for further replies.