Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was good again today. Glad his form is returning somewhat. He's good when he's got a runner like Fred next to him. It means he can sit and play more of a Carrick-like role. His passing was solid today. Sprayed a few great balls out wide.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The opposition offered no threat whatsoever. None.

Wheel him out against poor opposition twice a month or so and of course he'll look like a baller.

Nothing against him, but let the man go, get the best fee possible for him and replace him with someone you and dynamic.

Bwuk

Norwich offered nothing. In games like this he’s still the best option from deep to pass the ball bar Pogba.

Icemav

Very good. Helped to control and recycle play and keep the attacks coming and coming. Maybe a very good option against teams that sit deep where hard to counter.

He is very well rested and experienced. Good news for us.

Tarrou

playing him twice a week is a recipe for disaster i think, but what choice do we have now?

Ace of Spades

Aginst teams that do not press, he is good. Still think we need better players than him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was mainly wrongly used by Ole. Matic is not a player who can play in every system especially now when his legs are gone. But in 433 as classic dmc he is very useful. Can pass, can shield the ball and there he protects back line. In 4231 he is not good at all. Same thing was with Carrick. His best season for me was when he played dmc. In midfield two, slow players are fecked

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was mainly wrongly used by Ole. Matic is not a player who can play in every system especially now when his legs are gone. But in 433 as classic dmc he is very useful. Can pass, can shield the ball and there he protects back line. In 4231 he is not good at all. Same thing was with Carrick. His best season for me was when he played dmc. In midfield two, slow players are fecked
We aren't playing any differently, he just looks fitter at the moment. I think he's been playing through some injuries and trying to pretend he's OK - clearly he wasn't.

He's had some time off and healed, and now he's running more like you'd expect. Before he was almost hobbling around like he had a bad foot/leg and couldn't sprint.

Perhaps the threat of him being out of contract has made him work harder for the shop window, either way his future isn't here eventually (as long as we replace him properly)

Tarrou

we're actually one Matic injury away (or Fred, but he seems less injury prone at least) from being completely and utterly fecked

Thiagoal

Him and McT are the most important players in our squad at present! A team that doesn’t include either is woefully short of presence and stature in the middle of the field and gets terribly overrun!

If Matić leaves then its essential we buy a player of similar ilk

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Aye he's been decent since he's been brought back into the fold in that formation, and I think it's unfair to say he can only play against no-hopers such as Norwich at OT. Good against Burnley for me and transformative against an admittedly more conservative City side in the second half does not indicate a player who is utterly finished, the trouble is as you say he offers nothing outside of playing at the base of a midfield three. His legs, which are only going to get worse, and his lack of positional versatility mean he's on borrowed time here but he's at least managed to prove he can be useful this season, which I and many others had believed was beyond him.

Icemav

Aye he's been decent since he's been brought back into the fold in that formation, and I think it's unfair to say he can only play against no-hopers such as Norwich at OT. Good against Burnley for me and transformative against an admittedly more conservative City side in the second half does not indicate a player who is utterly finished, the trouble is as you say he offers nothing outside of playing at the base of a midfield three. His legs, which are only going to get worse, and his lack of positional versatility mean he's on borrowed time here but he's at least managed to prove he can be useful this season, which I and many others had believed was beyond him.
He could always be useful against teams sitting deep especially as our attackers are on fire. Not good on the counter though. Another issue is that our managers have been running him into the ground when he is not a guy who should be playing every week.

Good news he is fit and ready again.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He could always be useful against teams sitting deep especially as our attackers are on fire. Not good on the counter though. Another issue is that our managers have been running him into the ground when he is not a guy who should be playing every week.

Good news he is fit and ready again.
Yeah, the conditions needed for him to play well seem to be getting more and more refined so he clearly is not a player we can rely on for even the near future but as far the as the rest of this season goes he has an important role to play, which is fair enough considering I thought he was done.

caid

I think he slows our play to a crawl and we should be desperate to get him back out of the team tbh.

Based Adnan

He slows down our play moving forward but we get compensated for that with defensive stability. Double edged sword really.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played some nice passes, but as usual, players just waltz past him. How many times was he robbed of the ball today? Horrendous attribute to have as a defensive midfielder. That and his uncanny ability to literally Soto our own attacks while taken half a dozen touches of his own. Can't wait for McTominay to come back in all honesty.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Much improved this season now that he is being rotated. Once McTominay is back he probably won't play as much, but it's also needless to run McTominay into the ground when we have a perfectly capable defensive mid here (for however long is left with him). Quite simply, if McTominay is out, then Matic has to play. Proved why yet again. We're hopeless in midfield without either of them, but at least can be solid and organized with him in.

Zoo

Been pleased with him since coming back into the team.

ChaddyP

Did well, but I really wish he would stop fecking about with the ball when hes on it and just pass it as quickly as possible to the attacking players. When he diddles with it he either loses possession or passes it awkwardly to one of ours

thepolice123

Bar Pogba, he is our only midfielder who has composure and intelligence on the ball. We control games better with him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.