Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

I suspect we're looking at Grealish and Fernandes playing as 2 of our 3 midfielders next season. So with Fred and McTominay competing in there as well as Matic(6), Pereira (8), Mata (10) and Garner (6/8) I don't think we'd be short qualitively or quantitively. If we brought in Grealish and Sancho or Maddison I think we'd be pretty much set.

Obviously how well we sell will count for a lot. We've still got a lot of players who need moving on.
I don't think Fred or McTominay have the discipline to play as sitting midfielders especially Fred he gets dribbled past very easily and Garner is still a young kid and his position is a delicate one we may need to give him a lot of time before he develops into a player reliable enough to be our main DM

Scholsey2004

I don't think Fred or McTominay have the discipline to play as sitting midfielders especially Fred he gets dribbled past very easily and Garner is still a young kid and his position is a delicate one we may need to give him a lot of time before he develops into a player reliable enough to be our main DM
I'm not really convinced we need a genuine DM as such. We aren't really playing with one now and we didn't when Keane and scholes were our midfield.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was outstanding today I felt. Probably the best of all our midfielders.

Played well individually but as always, he increases the workload of those around him so much. He's fine in a three but when McTominay went off Fred was running round like a headless chicken trying to cover the gaps.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably his biggest critic but I thought he was excellent today, much improved since his injury

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Apart from his debut, I thought it was his best performance for us today. My MOTM. Passings were spot on and defensively help a lot unlike what he usually do ball watching, today he works his socks off.

Irwin99

He was excellent. Not his biggest fan but he's a first choice with Fred in midfield with this form.

izec

Great game, he was positionally fantastic. Our best midfielder today, played better than Fred and McT.

Ace of Spades

Played well individually but as always, he increases the workload of those around him so much. He's fine in a three but when McTominay went off Fred was running round like a headless chicken trying to cover the gaps.
Exactly, seems to run out of steam and can't keep up the intensity for full 90, especially in difficult games like this. A better DM should also be a priority next season.

kundalini

I thought he was fantastic, especially first half. Hit the bar with a super strike, forced a decent save with another fierce shot. Got back well to make it difficult for Gomes, whose shot went for a throw-in. Assist for Fernandes' goal. Covered well when Maguire went forward then lost the ball in the 2nd half.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought he was our absolute worst player last season.

His improvement in the last 2 months has been incredible. He's been really good.

Master Yoda

I thought he was our absolute worst player last season.

His improvement in the last 2 months has been incredible. He's been really good.
How is Matic our worst player last season when he played a huge part in Solskjaers winning streak which eventualy got him the job? Ever since herrera was left out, Matic's injury as well as Pogbas injury, we havent looked the same. Many of you dont like to hear it but Solskjaer was forced to change formation. Our midfield had a great run during that winning streak, Pogba, Matic and Herrera played a big role in that, they played almost every game.

Reactions: Sultan

Djemba-Djemba

How is Matic our worst player last season when he played a huge part in Solskjaers winning streak which eventualy got him the job? Ever since herrera was left out, Matic's injury as well as Pogbas injury, we havent looked the same. Many of you dont like to hear it but Solskjaer was forced to change formation. Our midfield had a great run during that winning streak, Pogba, Matic and Herrera played a big role in that, they played almost every game.
The winning streak lasted about 8 weeks, he was appalling before and after it.

Not the only one like that, but I thought he was the worst.

He's really impressed me the last few months though, fair play to him. He deserves a lot of credit.

The winning streak lasted about 8 weeks, he was appalling before and after it.
After it @Djemba-Djemba? He was playing with an injury during that run (confirmed by Ole) and then succumbed to it on Feb 20th.

After our Watford home win on March 30th which he started, we then won just 1 of the last 9 games, losing 6. Matic started in just 1 of those defeats.

DoomSlayer

Matic looks so much more mobile and nimble than ever before. If these performances keep coming, he has to be a starter regardless of which other CMs are available.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had good game. His shooting is so good but he rarely shoots when given so much time. In the rare cases he does, it's very effective. He should be shooting more given his technique and power he generates. Good chance of scoring from rebound too like Lukaku did vs Madrid in super Cup.

Apart from that he had good game. His form has been good since McTominay was injured. We shouldn't play him in all the games. When he gets rest he plays well.

Foxbatt

He was very good but as others have said it looks like he cannot do the full 90 mins. He also look better in a 3 man midfield. He has a very good long pass too and certainly can shoot from long range. Hope with the return of Scott, Ole will play a 3 man midfield.

finneh

Smart decision.

When he isn't run into the ground he's been a very good signing. He can't play 5000 minutes a season of course, but for half that he's a great option.

It's also good having some experience in a young squad.

roonster09

Scout
I think this is just option to extend one more year, not new contract.

If we can use him like we are doing, not playing him in every game then he can add lot to the team.

Tarrou

I think this is just option to extend one more year, not new contract.

If we can use him like we are doing, not playing him in every game then he can add lot to the team.
I think it's a new contract, we wouldn't need to agree anything if it was an option to extend

roonster09

Scout
I think it's a new contract, we wouldn't need to agree anything if it was an option to extend
Yes but doing that meant we lost Herrera. We should discuss with player and then extend, that's showing some respect to them.

Might be wrong here btw, I'm just guessing it's just triggering that option after talking to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.