5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart move, he's been very good this season and every fan on here should now understand how important having a strong squad is, especially after what happened last Summer and our subsequent awful half-season until we could remedy it in January.

Bestie07

Smart decision.

When he isn't run into the ground he's been a very good signing. He can't play 5000 minutes a season of course, but for half that he's a great option.

It's also good having some experience in a young squad.
Exactly. His worst form has always come when he has been overplayed. When used properly he is still an asset to the squad as he has shown in the last few weeks.

buckooo1978

some thoughts on this......

Matic has been very decent the last few months and he adds some much needed experience to the squad

this fits in with the Glazer policy of renewing contracts over spending. It didnt work with Young, Jones though Mata has been good since Bruno came in

Pogba goes in Summer then Matic is another body in there- I really hope this isn't been considered sufficient in terms of DM role. If we sell Pogba and bring in someone like Grealish it will leave us short when we really need a dedicated DM/DLP

let's hope this contract extension doesnt result in a drop off in form- Matic was really poor for a long period until about December/January.....youd fear the upturn in form was him playing for his future and his form might drop off

MadMike

Great news! He’s been in fine form since he was brought back in the line up.

We’ll obviously need a new DM soon but it’s suddenly no longer a top priority for this summer. A RW and a striker, to replace Ighalo, are our biggest priorities along with possibly replacing Pogba if he leaves.

Thiagoal

He essentially has held our season together since McTom got injured! A very useful squad player to have!

Cabin Clown

My MOTM against Everton. Always there to intercept, to read the game, and his passing was really excellent and aggressive, always trying to move our momentum forward. First name on the team sheet when fit for City.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Good to read of the contract extension. He’s been very useful this season and still has a lot of quality. No he can’t play every game but used properly he’s still a fantastic player and adds to our squad.

Based Adnan

His experience will be much needed due to how young our squad is. He'll probably be happy with coming in and out of games where needed as well. Good decision imo.

kiristao

A MOTM performance for me today. Amazing job shielding the CB's. What a turnaround from him in recent time

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This guy is a beast. His form dipped under Mourinho but it was probably miserable for all concerned. He was dropped, didn’t moan or cause problem. He put his head down, was a professional, and when the chance came, he took it.

He was a beast today and I will be delighted when he signs an extension. One less problem for the summer.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I apologise Nemanja. I completely wrote you off six months ago. However, I am willing to accept when I get it wrong. Matic was monstrous today. Got around the midfield and defensive field with more energy than I thought he had left in the tank. Maybe security about his future has got his head back in the game?

Master Yoda

Motm definitely, only De gea comes close. Superb defending today, cleared alot of balls and saved a clear cut chance, some beautiful long passes forward as well.

Very underrated. Matic is slowly getting the credit he deserves.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfNEe3pcAQ

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Another very good performance. I dislike Matic for being ball watching but he's been very good since the beginning of February.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Come on @ivaldo.... this is where you hold your hands up like I'm doing in the Ole threads :lol:
He had a decent game, as did everyone. Absolutely woeful in the first 25 minutes where he actively made himself unavailable, and the grew into the game. Ole has got everyone playing as a unit.

spiriticon

He's been so good this season since he came back into the side. Really happy he's staying.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What a turn around, he was finished last season but it seems We’ve got the Matic of 5 years ago back, he’s been immense in recent weeks.

MDFC Manager

He's approaching the fitness and motivation levels of his first season here. Didn't think I'd see it. Well done.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I apologise Nemanja. I completely wrote you off six months ago. However, I am willing to accept when I get it wrong. Matic was monstrous today. Got around the midfield and defensive field with more energy than I thought he had left in the tank. Maybe security about his future has got his head back in the game?
Me too. I was all for getting rid in January. Well done Ole and the team, another player who has improved this season, the second half at least.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was glad when I saw his name on the teamsheet. His form recently has been outstanding and had another fantastic game today.

Reborn!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Totally revitalised! Amazing transformation.
Presumably injury wrecked him for a while, as he's playing very well right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.