Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's still good on the ball too though, He played a pass that was better then anything McT or Fred did within 5 minutes of coming on.
Absolutely. At his best he’s comfortably better than both — he’s just lost the mobility in his legs.

PoTMS

Looked the best player in the park after Pogba today. Has to start with Pogba and Fernandes ahead of him.

Kag

Looked the best player in the park after Pogba today. Has to start with Pogba and Fernandes ahead of him.
In playing terms, yes. I still have big reservations about that midfield in a game against a rabid midfield.

Untd55

Matic>>>>Fred>>McTominay. We really need to sign a defensive midfielder. Matic at his best is miles above Fred and McTominay. Shame, he just cannot play games constantly.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wish we had signed him from Benfica just so we could've had him in his prime longer. Excellent footballer. I'm glad to see him getting credit nowadays.

flappyjay

Matic>>>>Fred>>McTominay. We really need to sign a defensive midfielder. Matic at his best is miles above Fred and McTominay. Shame, he just cannot play games constantly.
He is definitely a level above them in every category except pace and energy

RkkMan

He does, but only for part of the game, or as a sub. He simply can't do it as a starter, as proven even last season, let alone this when he is one year older.

He's had many bad defensive performances in last year or so. But generally, yes, there is a clear difference between smart defensive midfielder and ones who can run a lot(bit harsh on McTominay because he is not expected to be perfect defensively this young).
Have you been watching us? We`ve had 9 cleansheets in the 11 games he`s started he`s been by far our most important midfielder and has to be the starting DM next to Pogba/Bruno

Andersons Dietician

Yeah when he came on no matter how brief it was he looked very good. You can just see the difference in his understanding of the game and where he needs to be compared to McT. As soon as he was on we just looked solid.

Nickelodeon

Neither McT nor Fred can do the job he does. Both of them are actually cover for Pogba and Bruno’s position. We need to start with Matic to give the perfect balance. I love how he receives the ball from the CBs and tries to dictate the tempo.
Neither of Fred or McT were showing that incisiveness and I believe their energetic style of play would give us much more when they come on against tired legs.

flappyjay

He does, but only for part of the game, or as a sub. He simply can't do it as a starter, as proven even last season, let alone this when he is one year older.

He's had many bad defensive performances in last year or so. But generally, yes, there is a clear difference between smart defensive midfielder and ones who can run a lot(bit harsh on McTominay because he is not expected to be perfect defensively this young).
I see we have decided to erase all the games pre league suspension from memory.

Nickelodeon

I see we have decided to erase all the games pre league suspension from memory.
Matic was one of our best players in our pre lockdown form. If there are people who have completely forgotten it, then I’m pretty sure they only saw the score but not the matches. I believe the turning point came against City in the first leg of Carabao when we were 3-0 down at HT with a Fred and Pereira midfield.

Matic came in the second half and immediately shored things up and had been a mainstay ever since that. Not being one of the fancy names which gets people excited is the sole reason why his performances have completely gone unnoticed by the mainstream media and pundits. Shame that our own fans are doing the same.

Web of Bissaka

Oh come on, Spurs shut up shop soon after they scored. Easier to dominate midfield.

Nonetheless, he brought stability and "shape" (proper-structure) to the team with his positioning and "proper" football play. Those things are often ignored in football.

Walters_19_MuFc

Should have came here much quicker. Thought he was fantastic yesterday, and I was very surprised he didnt start given his experience and composure.

A-man

Fantastic match. If it was t for that hat trick he would have been my MOTM.

el3mel

Brilliant performance in midfield. Just a great player and personality to have in the team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Need this 'False CB' player playing from CDM so an extra CB in a 2CB line is only there when needed defensively to make a back 3.

Great from him. Can definitely play there longer and looking forward to who we buy as the younger version of him.

mu4c_20le

Perfect decision to start him today, he is best when we're on the front foot against teams that sit back. Sheffield stopped pressing before the first water break and never recovered after that. He offers a kind of composure that is exactly the opposite of Fred and McT.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I just realized that it's the third time that he spends a lengthy period of time being terrible just to somehow manage to find his groove again. He did it with Mourinho at Chelsea, with Conte and with Mourinho again at United. It was a great performance today.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Do all the mental gymnastics you want. Matic starts, United clean sheet. It was the same pre-lockdown.

A bold claim but Matic is our most important player for the rest of the season. We have depth everywhere else, but no one else happy to sit and be solid in front of the back four. He should start every league match.

RedIan

Is it me r does he look leaner and fitter since the return.. Love Matic always have, hes our best holding midfielder. McT and Fred mere pretenders.

Raw

I hope he's the sort of player that can keep going until his mid-30s like Carrick. I have no idea who's available to buy that can replace him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Carried on from where he left off. He's been that good since he came back.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
It will be very hard to replace him. Great reading of the game, good passing and also quite a bit of technique...I'm not sure who is able to to replicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.