Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

He should be subbed in a game like this when he's poor from the start. Doubt he last sunday, 32 years old playing almost every game...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Worst player on the pitch. He's just not quick enough on the turn. A complete and utter lamp post in the middle.

RedIan

ThoughT he was solid today whilst unspectacular but with his 2 midfield mates not firing at all he had it to do.

Classical Mechanic

Everyone deep down knew once he signed his contract, his performances will dip. I do not get why we had to renew his contract midseason?

I have never seen a player keep or increase their performance levels.
100% one of the most inconsistent players at the top level you’ll see. Buoyed by the prospect of all those $, now he’s deflated.

Woodenlung

He simply cant start against Leicester. His legs have gone and he gives away so many stupid free kicks.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yet another shit performance. Expect RAB and the rest of the fan club to avoid the thread.
I usually hate to use these terms but he is a fraud, hate players like this who plays like peak Redondo when contract is about to expire and then plays like shit Mikel when they get contract. Should get rid of players like this.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm surprised he starts today. He shouldn't be starting next game not only he won't suit against the press of Leicester, he's probably too tired to even play more than 60 minutes next game. Did well today but he's too slow to release the ball today.

el3mel

He gave too many free kicks it was weird to watch.

We managed his game time really, really poor and it's showing.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Needs replacing. Can't be on the first team sheet. Slows us down too much.

Wasn't the worst player on the field today but still bad.

Obiorahking_

It takes around 30 seconds for him to make a decision and advance the ball and it’s really frustrating. It’s why I don’t blame Lindleof/ Maguire when they make those risky runs/ passes forward because Matic can be such a liability. We really need a new DM.

Raven

That was the pathetic team effort today, not one player.
It was the full backs inexperience and Matic's general slowness that made him look so good. He was literally directly up against Matic positionally and rinsed him. Fred also loves to move the ball quickly which is something Matic isn't good at at the best of times. Fred suits our style far more closely.

mu4c_20le

Some good, some bad. Need to replace sooner rather than later because he can't be relied on as a starter week in week out

Hulme91

Bizarre man management
Matic is a quality player but he can't play more than one game a week as everyone saw under Mourinho

DarkChild™

The only CDM who takes 4-5 touches before passing it sideways. I haven't seen him pass 1 or even 2 touches.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The only CDM who takes 4-5 touches before passing it sideways. I haven't seen him pass 1 or even 2 touches.
And let opponents to close down before passing it to nearest player and put pressure on them.

Djemba-Djemba

Seemed to spend about 20 minutes in the 2nd half with the sole aim of giving away stupid freekicks with pointless fouls.

Rest of his game was shite as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
New contract... and he goes back to being awful again. What a surprise!

G-manc

Wasn't great but i thought he was the better of the midfield 3.

Predictably dug out on here when the whole team played poorly.

DownRiver

100% one of the most inconsistent players at the top level you’ll see. Buoyed by the prospect of all those $, now he’s deflated.
The only thing that may redeem him is that other players in the team have been apathetic on the ball too, and thus his performances could due to an external factor such as fatigue.

Foxbatt

He was a one man midfield. How can anyone except Matic to be a one man midfield? He had to cover for Pogba every time. He would have been better if Ole had replaced Pogba with Fred.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He was a one man midfield. How can anyone except Matic to be a one man midfield? He had to cover for Pogba every time. He would have been better if Ole had replaced Pogba with Fred.
It would be nice if Matic spent some time in midfield. He leaves Pogba in there on his own, expecting him to be the single player to link our defense with attack.

el3mel

It would be nice if Matic spent some time in midfield. He leaves Pogba in there on his own, expecting him to be the single player to link our defense with attack.
Surely this happening in every game indicates it's tactical from the manager, not from Matic on his own.

E-mal

That three years contract looks like eternity now. We always do this!
How badly we need another holding midfielder now

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Surely this happening in every game indicates it's tactical from the manager, not from Matic on his own.
It is further up the pitch. Matic shouldn't be dropping front a position in midfield to receive the ball to standing behind our centrebacks on the edge of our box. His inability to play confidently in tight spaces is the reason why he drops back way too prematurely, and why he takes so many touches on the ball. It's also one of the reasons it's so easy to press us.

binary bot
feck all wrong with his contract especially with how thin our squad is. We were going to need someone else regardless.

Is Matic exempt from tiredness? If anything he should be a prime example of it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How people are so naive regarding Matic is beyond me.

Every year since he's been here(and two last year at Chelsea from what I have seen), he starts the season well, just like he did after this restarts, and after just few games turns into slow immobile 50 year old lookalike Matic who is nowhere near the player he was at start of the season. Even our board bought it and gave him a new contract after three good games and couple of good games in first part of the season. Incredible stuff really, it's like people remember just last few games without remembering what happened in last few seasons.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was listening to a podcast that Samuel Luckhurst was on and he said that, eventhough he's signed a new 3 year contract which was strange considering his age. United don't expect him to see it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.