Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjch

Then we both agree we need replacement. That doesn't necessary mean like for like. For example no one was as different to Paul Ince then Paul Scholes. Same with Keane who was replaced by Carrick, two totally different players. I think we need at least 2-3 CM at this point. A DM, a box 2 box and a creative midfielder.
We are in agreement then.

This being the Matic thread, I was really just taking exception to him coming out in the media now that he has finally been dropped when it has been long overdue.

Alexit

Spoken like a Mourinho man.
Which means even though there might be some truth to it we'll ignore since it causes offense.

Ole is stubbornly persisting with 4231 which means we are wasting Paul Pogba so deep. So Ole is either clueless or stubborn. If the former then someone should suggest that if he wants to stick to 4231, given our current options, Matic needs to start. Period.

Devil81

I think this was his way to upset Ole enough to sell him in January.

Robbie Boy

No one else would have signed him for us bar that clown Mourinho. He should have fecked off to the retirement home in Serie A when he left Chelsea.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Which means even though there might be some truth to it we'll ignore since it causes offense.

Ole is stubbornly persisting with 4231 which means we are wasting Paul Pogba so deep. So Ole is either clueless or stubborn. If the former then someone should suggest that if he wants to stick to 4231, given our current options, Matic needs to start. Period.
No Matic lost his place due to playing poorly

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I was just randomly reading posts on his performance from Serbian fans:
Old, should hang up his boots immediately, hardly doing any running, doesn't look too bothered, dwelling on the ball all the time.

Pretty much everything what's wrong with him when playing for United too, so we aren't the only one who share this opinion on him. We should be getting rid of him as soon as possible and finding some proper replacement.

dev1l

Seems that he s not good or motivated enough for us.
Best solution for both parties is for him to look for another club

Man Utd 1:0 Leicester

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's an obstacle in midfield and, to some extent, that makes us harder to beat. However, his use of the ball is so consistently poor and his play on the ball is so limited, he leaves us so vulnerable to turnovers. Its like winning the ball just to lose it again. He's gone massively downhill since we signed him. Provided we can replace him, we should definitely sell Matic to Inter Milan if they come back in for him next January.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Was a lot better and more mobile then I expected.

We certainly looked a lot more solid with a proper DM in there

ExoduS

I love Matic as a person. He is a great person. His football form really went down hill. He lost both the speed and desire to challenge opposition midfielders. Sometimes he just jogs and it drives me insane. Age definitely caught up to him and he is no longer for premiership. He still could have couple of decent seasons in Italy, but that's about it. Once a great footballer, not anymore. Midfield around him needs to be much better to show some of his weaknesses. Love Matic still. Great human being, amazing philanthropist, who most of the times stay anonymous with his donations, unfortunately lost that competitive edge that he once had.

Edit: my comments are generally about what I saw from him in last 6 months, not display today.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I catched 20-30 minutes of the game and he was dreadful. He is getting dribbled by so easily it's like watching some kid running around grown ups. He brings absolutely nothing in 9 out of 10 games.

Alemar

Matic was shocking. Hopefully he won’t play for us again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like trying to get a bendy-bus to catch a mini on the streets of London.

Stadjer

I love Matic as a person. He is a great person. His football form really went down hill. He lost both the speed and desire to challenge opposition midfielders. Sometimes he just jogs and it drives me insane. Age definitely caught up to him and he is no longer for premiership. He still could have couple of decent seasons in Italy, but that's about it. Once a great footballer, not anymore. Midfield around him needs to be much better to show some of his weaknesses. Love Matic still. Great human being, amazing philanthropist, who most of the times stay anonymous with his donations, unfortunately lost that competitive edge that he once had.

Edit: my comments are generally about what I saw from him in last 6 months, not display today.
Also describes todays display. No speed, no desire and over the hill.

Sylar

The problem is he cant get around the pitch. You can see he tries it, but it looks like his legs are gone. Thought we made a mistake getting him under Jose, but for a few months it looked shrewd. But now its looking like the shortest of short term options, and now were just hanging on cos we spent so much and cant get another replacement.

Ace of Spades

He was so poor, kept passing the ball back even when he had space in front of him and time on the ball. Just pathetic, and players were getting past him with relative ease. Said it before the match, one of Mata or Matic can play, but playing both of them is just making our problems bigger.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As one of the rare United fans who likes him and has defended him quite a bit, I have to admit he looks done.

Defensively, he's admittedly looked a liability for a while, but I still thought he contributed on the ball with his passing, ability to bring the ball out of defence and carry it upfield with good dribbling, and his ability to resist pressing opposition with his shielding of the ball.

Now, I'm seeing none of that which helped make up for his defensive flaws. Ideally he should, at most, be on the bench, but when you look at our midfield I can see him playing quite a bit unless we mould Tuanzebe into a DM or use Fred as a DLP behind Scott and Pogba.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole has a point not to play him. I don't think he could be even a good backup for a central defender in current form.

King Andow

I wonder if he'll continue to bitch about not playing if he's dropped again, and that will happen because he's trash. Hopefully off in January.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Next time we have a dip they’ll be calls for Ole to recall him again. He’s been utterly dreadful for 18 months now, and yet you only have to go back 1 page to see calls for him to start. It’s incredible.

red4ever 79

Static is done, dead at this level. There was one moment in the first half when he received the ball took at least 4 touches to get it under control and then passed it backwards 20 yards. Fecking dreadful player. Thought Fred looked better when he came on

Dve

Static is done, dead at this level. There was one moment in the first half when he received the ball took at least 4 touches to get it under control and then passed it backwards 20 yards. Fecking dreadful player. Thought Fred looked better when he came on
Totally agree. I´d rather see Fred And McTominay holding, Pogba nr. 10.

Sylar

So if true, he lost the ball once every three touches...

Halftrack

After insinuating Ole was wrong not to play him, I'd expect him to offer something better than that when given a start. Diabolical performance from him.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
As one of the rare United fans who likes him and has defended him quite a bit, I have to admit he looks done
Many here like him. He was actually one of our favourite players few months after signing for us(many share the sentiment I am sure), but after that period he turned into absolutely crap player who is basically playing like 42 year old.

I still like him, he looks like a great guy off the pitch(I know for a fact he is), and if he was any less likeable I would call him cnut by now considering how little he looks to be trying on the pitch, but considering I generally like him as a character he is fine as long as he is off the pitch.

kiristao

Did ok defensively but made poor decisions and poor passes way too often. If there was one thing you could rely on Matic for when he first came was calmness and the ability to hold the ball under pressure and make a pass. He seems to have lost all of it at once.

Irwin99

Didn't think he was THAT bad. It's probably not a coincidence that we looked more defensively solid with a proper DM in there. Trouble is we looked probably worse than usual in attack.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Many here like him. He was actually one of our favourite players few months after signing for us(many share the sentiment I am sure), but after that period he turned into absolutely crap player who is basically playing like 42 year old.

I still like him, he looks like a great guy off the pitch(I know for a fact he is), and if he was any less likeable I would call him cnut by now considering how little he looks to be trying on the pitch, but considering I generally like him as a character he is fine as long as he is off the pitch.
I mean like him as a player. I'm not saying people hate him! :D

Still, I've been of the opinion he's been a good player until quite recently unlike how pretty much everyone has the opinion that, like you say, he was only good for a few months.

Adamsk7

Think we need to try and ship him out in January and get in someone more mobile.

literally the only useful thing he has now is height in midfield. He wins a lot of midfield headers but other than that, he has zero positive contribution.

Walters_19_MuFc

I thought he was ok. We didnt concede too many shots on goal and looked more solid with him in midfield.

Yes hes lost speed, but he understands the position. He knows where to be. It also allowed McTominay to press high up the pitch, which is something he cant always do with Pogba next to him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
At one point of time, McTominay had the ball in our half with no one around him and Matic was signalling for him to slow the pace down.

I'd rather see Fred being given starts. Tired of seeing Matic lumber around making safe passes all game.

-Supreme-

I thought he was fine considering he hasn't had much game time this season yet

He will start in midweek to build up his match fitness

crossy1686

career ending
Probably not match sharp or fit in anyway but he still looks poor.

hopefully he just needs some minutes to play much better than that and he gets it along with the kids in the Europa league this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.